Will having more cores increase minimum fps?

Just noticed some benchmarks with higher CPU cores having higher minimum framerates, need some confirmation and more information on the matter.

Strike the shepherd and the sheep will scatter.

more cores can help up to a point, after a quadcore I7 there isnt much to gain 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

It's most likely you've seen i5 vs i7 comparisons. i7's tend to have higher minimum FPS as well as less stuttering due to less frametime drops. They've both got the same amount of physical cores, though the i7 has more L3 cache and HyperThreading that does help with stability and makes the gameplay much smoother than on an i5.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

6 minutes ago, IAEInferno said:

Just noticed some benchmarks with higher CPU cores having higher minimum framerates, need some confirmation and more information on the matter.

Anything past 4 cores is pretty much pointless tbh, thats why we recommend i5's for gaming! There are some games where this will matter but thread speed is better!

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

this depends. quad core CPU's will have a significant advantage over dualcores, but anythong over quadcore won't help much. my six core CPU only really utilizes 4 cores when gaming.

16 minutes ago, IAEInferno said:

No, Linus did a vid on a 920 core CPU and it did not improve. This was an apples to apples comparison. Same everything, just different cpu.

15 minutes ago, Matias_Chambers said:

Yes, the more cores you have, the less stuttering and fps drops you will. 

But as other people are saying, after a quad-core i7 the difference is minimal.

4 hours ago, Pachuca said:

the short answer: No. The long answer: read everyone's comments. ;)

You must be very smart to manage to find that answer ;).

Strike the shepherd and the sheep will scatter.

1 hour ago, IAEInferno said:

You must be very smart to manage to find that answer ;).

was very tired when I answered lol.