Second YouTube'r: Day One Incident.

Torand

A second YouTube'r has now fallen victim to DMCA abuse from 'that game dev'.

Sources:

http://www.dailymotion.com/nukemdukem#video=x16ajdm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mpa4xrXgAm4

https://twitter.com/DanNerdCubed/status/393223712733806592

https://twitter.com/Totalbiscuit/status/392782221540458496

Sorry if this has been posted already, happened 22 Oct. 2013. 

How/why has this happened again. It's ridiculous? Ok, they couldn't have done anything in the short time in which the first take down was issued, but still. The amount of attention total biscuits video has gotten in such a short time must have brought something!?

This really should bring about new methodology for this. May take a while, but it needs to change. This is a prime example for why this system is fundamentally flawed.

Wow, and I thought they publicly apologized... What a scumbag company.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

this company needs to die.

^^^^

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

this company needs to die.

they just need to end this shit, roll out proper games, handle critic like a man, and mainly stop being a dick

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

they just need to end this shit, roll out proper games, handle critic like a man, and mainly stop being a dick

I don't even want to see any games from them.

I'm the Forum Owl

*Who*

Dude that is just messed up! 

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

why doesnt TB do the same negative review but dont monetize it.  make it 100% free what will their excuse be then

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

why doesnt TB do the same negative review but dont monetize it.  make it 100% free what will their excuse be then

Because water and power and food are not free.

4770k @4.4 / 16GB @2400 / Plextor MP5X 128GB / MSI Mpower Z87 / MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC / AX860 / XSPC RX240 & EX240 / Koolance 380i / CM 690 II / Qnix 1440p @96Hz / Benq XL2420G

Current Status: Mourning the loss of my 780 ti 

There is no evidence this is the same company, people are making the connection without facts. Innocent until proven guilty, remember that.

Now, whomever is doing this, needs to be held civilly liable. I doubt you could make a criminal case, but lost revenue well, that is a different story.

There is no evidence this is the same company, people are making the connection without facts. Innocent until proven guilty, remember that.

Now, whomever is doing this, needs to be held civilly liable. I doubt you could make a criminal case, but lost revenue well, that is a different story.

You could easily claim that they were obstructing your business, take them to court and win. Let's face it, it's the business's duty to act in a social and ethical manner and whilst following laws, go above and beyond that (if you don't... you're saying good bye to good PR) and some have simply failed to do so. 

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

A second YouTube'r has now fallen victim to DMCA abuse from 'that game dev'.

He did not get a DMCA takedown,  he got flagged for "spam, scam and commercially deceptive content".. which is even worse since anybody can do it.  

So IF it was "that game dev" then he  can't do a DMCA takedown on a pokemon game video, and taking down his own game's review would be too obvious...  next best thing... fake accounts to flag videos.

My Rigs (past and present)

He did not get a DMCA takedown,  he got flagged for "spam, scam and commercially deceptive content".. which is even worse since anybody can do it.  

So IF it was "that game dev" then he  can't do a DMCA takedown on a pokemon game video, and taking down his own game's review would be too obvious...  next best thing... fake accounts to flag videos.

Yeh, saw that after watching the video.

Just the way total and Dan put it sounded like the same scenario.

Although it still does lead to the point; the system is flawed and more needs to be done to protect the content creators.

It's far too easy to get a video removed. From flagging to DCMA, whatever it is, automated systems, no matter how ingenious Google intends them to be, cannot cut it. There needs to be formal independent human review and a proper complaints/take down system in which people can be held responsible for false claims. YouTube isn't just a 'thing' anymore, its one of the most popular websites in the world with multi-billion dollar funds at its disposal.

can anybody take screencaps and quotes for those stuck at work? :(