Massdrop x Sennheiser HD6xx.

AU_Gundam

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-sennheiser-hd6xx

A Modern Icon

If you know audio gear, you know the Sennheiser HD 650. The company’s flagship from 2003 to 2009, this open-back headphone has shown serious staying power. Praised for its richly detailed, effortlessly enjoyable sound, it remains one of the most talked-about products on Head-Fi today—and is still widely considered among the best headphones under $1,000. So when we teamed up with Sennheiser on its first-ever community-driven design partnership, the HD 650 was a natural place to start. A new revision of the popular all-rounder, the Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX has that same great sound plus a few updates, and a price that makes it even easier to love.

The Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX Headphones will be available for $199.99 at the lowest drop point with free domestic shipping starting November 8th at 6 a.m. PT.

This drop is limited to 5,000 units. The first 500 purchasers will receive a pair of headphones with a serial number under 550. Domestic orders are expected to arrive by December 25th.

Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX Headphones

Refreshed Aesthetic, Improved Utility

Crafted with the modern audiophile in mind, the HD 6XX replaces the HD 650’s gray colorway with something darker and more dramatic: a deep midnight blue. The silver nameplates have been swapped for black plates with contrasting silver text—and the Massdrop logo is silk-screened on the inside of the headband, just above the right cup, with the serial number located just above the left cup. Based on feedback from the community, this iteration has also been updated with a detachable 6-foot cable (compared to the original’s 10-foot cable) and a ⅛-inch plug, which is more versatile for everyday laptop, phone, and DAP use than the standard ¼-inch plug. Of course, the HD 6XX comes with a ¼-inch adapter for those who want it.

Classic Sennheiser Sound

Good news for fans of the HD 650: In this revision, the driver structure and sound signature haven’t changed a bit. You’ll get the same smooth, laid-back presentation, with a balanced midrange and natural-sounding bass. The HD 650 is considered more refined and better damped than its predecessor, the HD 600, with less energy in the upper midrange (which some listeners may find less fatiguing) and an overall balance that’s a bit warmer and bassier. Its neutral response provides a pleasant listening experience with any musical genre from a range of sources. Plus, it responds well to improved sources and amplification, and headphone amplifiers of any output impedance could potentially make a good match.

Final Thoughts

Because the HD 6XX’s open-back design won’t isolate you from outside noise or prevent sound from being heard by those nearby, it may be best-suited for quieter home and office environments. Like all headphones in Sennheiser’s HD 600 line, this new model can be disassembled by hand to its component parts, all of which can be easily replaced. Many of its parts are interchangeable with others in the series, and owners of the HD 6XX can benefit from the rich aftermarket and brain trust of modifications and gear matching—along with excellent long-term support from Sennheiser itself.

Specs

• Massdrop x Sennheiser
  • Color: Midnight blue
  • Transducer principle: Open, dynamic
  • Frequency response: 10 Hz – 41 kHz
  • THD: < 0.05%
  • Nominal impedance: 300 ohm
  • Cable length: 6 ft (1.8 m)
  • Connector: ⅛ in (0.3 cm)
  • Weight without cable: 9.2 oz (260 g)
  • Made in Ireland

Included

• ⅛ – ¼ inch adapter
  • Sennheiser 2-year warranty

Shipping

All orders will be shipped by Massdrop. Domestic orders are expected to arrive by December 25.

Estimated ship date is Dec 15, 2016.

After the drop ends, payment will be collected. To deliver the best value to the group the request will then be submitted to the vendor up front, making all sales final. Be sure to check the discussion page for updates.

So in essence, we have HD650s being sold for 200 dollars through Massdrop. Tempting, I must say.

This is honestly an amazing deal.

Unfortunately, my bank account reads out at $24.50

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I would love these but am about to spend most of my money on a new phone....

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

45 minutes ago, Crosseyed Sniper said:

Sweet looking headphones, but I bet your head would get pretty hot in just a short amount of time.

No more than any other over-ear headphone. Probably less since these are open back.

Ill get this so quick - paypal wouldn't even notice how fast I spent it.

CPU R7 1700    Motherboard Asus Prime X370 Pro  RAM  24GB Corsair LPX 3000 (at 2933Mhz)    GPU EVGA GTX1070 SC  Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M    

Storage 1 x 1TB m.2, 1x 500GB SSD, 1x 1TB HDD, 1x 8TB HDD  PSU Corsair RM1000  Cooling Thermalright Macho Rev B (tower)

Synology NAS 1 x 4TB 1 x 8TB

oh my. i just got the 600hds on sale several months ago :( wish these came sooner

4 minutes ago, phu said:

oh my. i just got the 600hds on sale several months ago :( wish these came sooner

Don't worry. the 600s are not considered bad compared to 650. Not at all. Enjoy yours and keep peace of mind ;)

CPU R7 1700    Motherboard Asus Prime X370 Pro  RAM  24GB Corsair LPX 3000 (at 2933Mhz)    GPU EVGA GTX1070 SC  Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M    

Storage 1 x 1TB m.2, 1x 500GB SSD, 1x 1TB HDD, 1x 8TB HDD  PSU Corsair RM1000  Cooling Thermalright Macho Rev B (tower)

Anyone know if Massdrop lags during high traffic? Like for example a drop requested by over 12k people and has a specific start time - and an awesome price?

Would really hate it to not allow me to load the page - and when i do - after 10 minutes - it says the drop is over :)

I'll have to wake up at like 1am to buy this in time :D

hello!

is it me you're looking for?

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Desktop: X99-PC

CPU: i7 5820k

Mobo: X99 Deluxe

Cooler: Dark Rock Pro 3

RAM: 32GB DDR4
GPU: GTX 1080

Storage: 1TB 850 Evo, 1TB HDD, bunch of external hard drives
PSU: EVGA G2 750w

Peripherals: Logitech G502, Ducky One 711

Audio: Xonar U7, O2 amplifier (RIP), HD6XX

Monitors: 4k 24" Dell monitor, 1080p 24" Asus monitor

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

Fully maxed out early 2017 Dell XPS 15, GTX 1050 4GB, 7700HQ, 1TB nvme SSD, 32GB RAM, 4k display. 97Whr battery :x 
Dell was having a $600 off sale for the fully specced out model, so I decided to get it :P

-Crapbook

Fully specced out early 2013 Macbook "pro" with gt 650m and constant 105c temperature on the CPU (GPU is 80-90C) when doing anything intensive...

A 2013 laptop with a regular sized battery still has better battery life than a 2017 laptop with a massive battery! I think this is a testament to apple's ability at making laptops, or maybe how little CPU technology has improved even 4+ years later (at least, until the recent introduction of 15W 4 core CPUs). Anyway, I'm never going to get a 35W CPU laptop again unless battery technology becomes ~5x better than as it is in 2018.

Apple knows how to make proper consumer-grade laptops (they don't know how to make pro laptops though). I guess this mostly software power efficiency related, but getting a mac makes perfect sense if you want a portable/powerful laptop that can do anything you want it to with great battery life.

I've been seriously considering the K7XX but now that I see the HD6XX I think I found the perfect headphones (for me)

hello!

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

Fully maxed out early 2017 Dell XPS 15, GTX 1050 4GB, 7700HQ, 1TB nvme SSD, 32GB RAM, 4k display. 97Whr battery :x 
Dell was having a $600 off sale for the fully specced out model, so I decided to get it :P

-Crapbook

Fully specced out early 2013 Macbook "pro" with gt 650m and constant 105c temperature on the CPU (GPU is 80-90C) when doing anything intensive...

A 2013 laptop with a regular sized battery still has better battery life than a 2017 laptop with a massive battery! I think this is a testament to apple's ability at making laptops, or maybe how little CPU technology has improved even 4+ years later (at least, until the recent introduction of 15W 4 core CPUs). Anyway, I'm never going to get a 35W CPU laptop again unless battery technology becomes ~5x better than as it is in 2018.

Apple knows how to make proper consumer-grade laptops (they don't know how to make pro laptops though). I guess this mostly software power efficiency related, but getting a mac makes perfect sense if you want a portable/powerful laptop that can do anything you want it to with great battery life.

On 11/4/2016 at 1:48 AM, huilun02 said:

Bassdrop

I don't know if this is a good deal, but let minnow?

Assuming this is a fish pun.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

14 hours ago, ARikozuM said:

I don't know if this is a good deal, but let minnow?

Assuming this is a fish pun.

bass strait

hello!

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

-Crapbook

I just bought the K7xx 1 months ago, now the HD6xx.....:( But it's so tempting, will there be another drop of HD6xx in the future?

1 hour ago, Guangtian said:

I just bought the K7xx 1 months ago, now the HD6xx.....:( But it's so tempting, will there be another drop of HD6xx in the future?

Worst case scenario you can sell the headphones for that same $200 on ebay or whatever. You cannot find a well-kept pair of 650s for that price so you should be able to sell.

Or sell your AKGs instead if the Senns are better.

4 hours ago, FIXXX said:

Worst case scenario you can sell the headphones for that same $200 on ebay or whatever. You cannot find a well-kept pair of 650s for that price so you should be able to sell.

Or sell your AKGs instead if the Senns are better.

My thoughts exactly!

img_comment%2FsteQcuKDRpyj2ICZL4SK_%EC%9D%B4%EB%AF%B8%EC%A7%80%20044.png?auto=format&fm=jpg&fit=min&h=284&dpr=1

hello!

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

-Crapbook

Took me an hour of constant retrying but im in :D

hello!

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

-Crapbook

18 minutes ago, rattacko123 said:

Took me an hour of constant retrying but im in :D

Same. Paypal page loaded, did the peyment thing but took em a few minutes before they send the Welcome to the Drop email.

3 hours ago, FIXXX said:

Same. Paypal page loaded, did the peyment thing but took em a few minutes before they send the Welcome to the Drop email.

exactly what happened to me, I got worried when I saw pending payment but it wasn't in my transactions list, but a few mins later it came up with the welcome to the drop email

hello!

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

-Crapbook

Happy that a few more people will be listening to Christmas music on a pair of awesome cans!