Sandia Cooler, this cpu cooler is better than anything on the market and its quieter too

AraSarkisyan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWQZNXEKkaU#t=152

Really cool stuff

The researchers at Sandia National Laboratories say that their cooler gets “a factor of 10 increase in cooling efficiency compared to the best coolers on the market right now,” which is a bold claim to make. But the technology looks compelling; according to frostytech,

Unlike traditional CPU coolers, heat energy in the Sandia Cooler is conducted across a very thin air gap bearing from the stationary base of the cooler to the upper rotating aluminum fin/fan component. This aspect of the novel cooler design tends to challenge people’s expectations as it seems impossible for a heatsink to work this way.

The video above explains everything simply but thoroughly, and you can check all of your doubts here andhere [pdf]. Sandia expects to produce these things at about $10 a unit, though the project is still in development and we’ll have to wait to see if this will be as revolutionary as claimed.

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

That coil whine.....

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Video play here just unlink it

But.. But... But that coil wine sounds horrible

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

I swear this has been out for ages, how is this still "news"?

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

That coil whine.....

they are going to get rid of it, that is a brushless motor that they will replace

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

watch the whole video lol

|

It gets silent? Either way the whine killed my ears during the first 5 seconds.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

If they gonna lower the noise it may be something...

|
It gets silent? Either way the whine killed my ears during the first 5 seconds.

Its the motor without the cover making that noise.

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

What happens when someone touches it on accident? Is blood conductive? It could drip on their Graphics card and kill it.

i saw this earlier this year and couldn't find one on the market for purchase..., so i got my giant NoFan CR-95C instead

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

so how will this work in 90% of systems where the motherboard is mounted vertically.

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

This was showcased mid last year. I haven't heard anything about it or it's availability.

so how will this work in 90% of systems where the motherboard is mounted vertically.

This was showcased mid last year. I haven't heard anything about it or it's availability.

its still under development, i heard. 

I don't quite understand this

does it just cool a thin disc of air directly above the IHS of a cpu...?

This has  been out for a while... they even talked about it on the live stream a while back.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

What happens when someone touches it on accident? Is blood conductive? It could drip on their Graphics card and kill it.

Because of the iron and electrolytes in blood, it's an extremely efficient conductor. 

So yes, you're components will die. 

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

Chances it will actually come to market? 0%

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.