Log Out issues

Scitesh

Hello Guyz 

i don't know about you but i have come across This issue on LTT :

Whenever i log into my LTT account (i use Google+ login) from another device i am automatically Logged Out from my account on my first device 

Example : I usually Use my PC (desktop) and my laptop when i am at my internship or College and my phone while on commute 

So whenever i log into LTT using my phone i am logged out of the other devices this thing is also happening with all my other  devices

For trial i also took my Brothers phone and tried the samething and the problem persisted 

Its security feature. Explained here:

On 2.8.2016 at 9:28 AM, colonel_mortis said:

I'm aware of the issue, and I think it's an absolutely stupid excuse for a security feature, but there's not much that I can do about it. It has been marked as "planned" by the devs, but there are more things marked planned than completed so that doesn't mean much. 

One you log into one device, and everything else is logged out, any other logins within the next week will work; after that, they will log you out again. 

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 minute ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Its security feature. Explained here:

That issue should now be resolved.

37 minutes ago, Scitesh said:

Hello Guyz 

i don't know about you but i have come across This issue on LTT :

Whenever i log into my LTT account (i use Google+ login) from another device i am automatically Logged Out from my account on my first device 

Example : I usually Use my PC (desktop) and my laptop when i am at my internship or College and my phone while on commute 

So whenever i log into LTT using my phone i am logged out of the other devices this thing is also happening with all my other  devices

For trial i also took my Brothers phone and tried the samething and the problem persisted 

Do you click "remember me" when you log in?

HTTP/2 203

Just now, colonel_mortis said:

That issue should now be resolved.

Oh.... Are IPS devs actually doing their job now?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Do you click "remember me" when you log in?

Yes

3 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Oh.... Are IPS devs actually doing their job now?

No, I patched the code because they declined to do so.

Just now, Scitesh said:

Yes

On a computer, look at your cookies (Chrome: settings->advanced->content settings->all cookies and site data; Firefox: preferences->privacy->remove individual cookies) and search for ips4_pass_hash and click it (in chrome you will have to click "linustechtips.com" after searching), then copy the content and save it somewhere. Reproduce this bug, then restart your browser, visit LTT, log in, then look up the cookie value again. Can you let me know whether (a) both cookies exist, and (b) whether they are the same or not. Do not post the value of that cookie here - while it isn't actually a hash of your password, it is sufficient to log in as you.

HTTP/2 203