DICE Exec, Johan Andersson, says that all Frostbite 3 games will have "out of box" Mantle support.

Here is the tweet.

[i will embed the tweet when I figure out how.]

I mean, tbh, this seems somewhat intuitive and a "given". In that if they already have Mantle in BF4, it should be portable/usable in all Frostbite games.

I just thought it was a cool thing to consider. All Frostbite games have a natural advantage when using AMD over Nvidia now. When we look at future benchmarks for these games, remember that. :)

Just remember, this will be true of any other developers who use Mantle in the future. So, it's more of a 1 time development cost, since Mantle is modular (you can use one part without using another, a game doesn't need to be designed purely for Mantle to use Mantle). 

So I don't think the whole "they have to learn a new language" thing for devs matters. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Hey!!!........NO DOUBLE POST!!

You think you would know  <_<

I'm the Forum Owl

*Who*

gg dice but we need those benchmarks -_-

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Hey!!!........NO DOUBLE POST!!

You think you would know  <_<

Lol,

Something weird happened when I posted. Not sure what, but whatever.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I just thought it was a cool thing to consider. All Frostbite games have a natural advantage when using AMD over Nvidia now. When we look at future benchmarks for these games, remember that. :)

Also can't forget that even though AMD will post better benchmarks and most likely higher performance in terms of frames, g-sync will probably make gaming in BF appear much smoother, not something that is tangible from benchmarks.

DISCLAIMER: I am not comparing the 2

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

Mmm, double post.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Mmm, double post.

I already reported the other one. This one has a bit more of my input and such, so yeah.

† Christian Member †

Also can't forget that even though AMD will post better benchmarks and most likely higher performance in terms of frames, g-sync will probably make gaming in BF appear much smoother, not something that is tangible from benchmarks.

This is how I feel when telling people how great BF3 is at 1600p, there is no way to show them. :(

I already reported the other one. This one has a bit more of my input and such, so yeah.

I was only kidding :P

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

From the other thread, this is good insight :D

So Mirror's Edge 2, Star Wars Battlefront 3, Dragon Age inquisition, Plants vs Zombie Garden Warfare, next Mass Effect and next Need for Speed will all have Mantle support thats huge  :o .

Yep. ... That is actually pretty huge. O.o

† Christian Member †

@MG2R double post (seriosly fix this bug ltt)

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

@MG2R double post (seriosly fix this bug ltt)

I want to point out that I want to first one deleted. Not this one. :|

† Christian Member †

I want to point out that I want to first one deleted. Not this one. :|

ouups :P sorry mate my bad :I

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

i hate those "**tards why start to complain that someone double post when he already said sorry...

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

I want Crytek to sign on Cryengine with Mantle as well ಠ_ಠ

Imagine Star Citizen.

I'm gonna pick up an AMD card for raw performance then tack on a dedicated Nvidia FLEX/GI GPU + driver hack it for G-Sync, legend says...

I HUGE line has to be drawn between G-Sync & Mantle.

With G-Sync you get a better experience if you have a Kepler Nvidia card AFTER you purchase a very expensive monitor, the cheapest so far is the 1080P TN panel from Asus, which costs $500.

With Mantle, you get a better experience if you have a GCN based AMD card, period.

What games other than battlefields use frostbite engine?

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

I HUGE line has to be drawn between G-Sync & Mantle.

With G-Sync you get a better experience if you have a Kepler Nvidia card AFTER you purchase a very expensive monitor, the cheapest so far is the 1080P TN panel from Asus, which costs $500.

With Mantle, you get a better experience if you have a GCN based AMD card, period.

Correct you are.  I was just stating that benchmarks can definitely not be used as a measure of quality for your gameplay anymore. 

Yes you do have to have a kepler gpu and a supported monitor for g-sync but after that you will ALWAYS have a better experience.  Mantle only applies to games that have support; which is fine if you will be playing games that support it.  They are totally different, so you can't compare performance wise which is "better."

Correct you are.  I was just stating that benchmarks can definitely not be used as a measure of quality for your gameplay anymore. 

Yes you do have to have a kepler gpu and a supported monitor for g-sync but after that you will ALWAYS have a better experience.  Mantle only applies to games that have support; which is fine if you will be playing games that support it.  They are totally different, so you can't compare performance wise which is "better."

You won't always have a better experience with G-Sync though, especially if you're already getting above 60 FPS on the minimums.

Which if you have $500 to spend on a monitor, you definitely do, otherwise you must get your priorities in check.

In this case with regualr V-Sync you will have no tearing & the least amount of lag with triple buffering enabled (which it is in almost any game).

http://www.anandtech.com/show/2794

since we will probably see IPS like quality displays with Gsync when  IGZO panels take over

ill see what mantel offers in terms of "smoothness"

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

You won't always have a better experience with G-Sync though, especially if you're already getting above 60 FPS on the minimums.

Which if you have $500 to spend on a monitor, you definitely do, otherwise you must get your priorities in check.

In this case with regualr V-Sync you will have no tearing & no lag with triple buffering enabled (which it is in almost any game).

Sorry, I should have been more specific.  When I said "always have a better experience"  I meant a better experience over non g-sync with the same specs. e.g. gtx 780 w/ g-sync on vs. gtx 780 w/ no g-sync.  Not better than Mantle.

Sorry, I should have been more specific.  When I said "always have a better experience"  I meant a better experience over non g-sync with the same specs. e.g. gtx 780 w/ g-sync on vs. gtx 780 w/ no g-sync.  Not better than Mantle.

I'm not comparing the two either, I'm just saying that if you have enough frames going through the buffer, you will have no lag & with V-Sync enabled you will have no tearing.

G-Sync is an interesting technology, Nvidia won't have it all to its own for too long, the console guys need this the most &  Nvidia will have to make it work on AMD hardware eventually, otherwise competitors will figure this technology out on their own & Nvidia will lose exclusivity.

I want Crytek to sign on Cryengine with Mantle as well ಠ_ಠ

Imagine Star Citizen.

I'm gonna pick up an AMD card for raw performance then tack on a dedicated Nvidia FLEX/GI GPU + driver hack it for G-Sync, legend says...

Just think, you might be able to play Star Citizen with a current graphics card if the game supports MANTLE :P

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II