DICE Exec, Johan Andersson, says that all Frostbite 3 games will have "out of box" Mantle support.

Question: you can't get a licence for Frostbite unless you are part of a huge company or want to pay a log of money right? You can't do what Cryengine does and give them like 15% of profits?

I dunno, but if you're willing to adventure into Hell, they will tell you.

https://help.ea.com/

COMIC SANS

I dunno, but if you're willing to adventure into Hell, they will tell you.

https://help.ea.com/

ha ha, no.

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Why do you keep doing this thing where you space your sentences out really far? I've seen you do this 3 posts in a row

Because my posts are representative of the universe, and most of the universe is space.

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

I remember reading somewhere that Frostbite 3 is staying in-house at EA for the foreseeable future. Can't provide a source for that though.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

My bad, who am I kidding. Can't 2K buy out DICE yet?

If 2k would buy them they would need a new Engine, becasuse Frostbite has the Impact system from FIFA build in aswell as many other EA software.

And I think EA has the rights to Battlefield.

RTX2070OC 

Because my posts are representative of the universe, and most of the universe is space.

original.gif   Dude...that's deep....

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

FINALLY Nvidia feels AMD's competition again.. now they will probably do a more better GPU in the near future!
(hopefully a better GTX 8xx series)

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB 1866 Video Card: MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G SSDSamsung 840 Evo 250GB HDD: WD 1TB + 500GB Caviar Blue
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 Case: Gigabyte GZ-G1 Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown MousePad: Corsair MM200
Steam/Origin/Uplay: renz62

I thought AMD hasn't confirmed Mantle is locked to just amd cards so maybe people with Nvidia cards can still benefit from it?

I thought AMD hasn't confirmed Mantle is locked to just amd cards so maybe people with Nvidia cards can still benefit from it?

Since it's a low level API it's kinda a given. It doesn't even work on other AMD architectures such as cayman (6970 etc).... let alone Nvidia architectures...

and if mantle works wonders for AMD the titan will need a massive price drop.

Regardless of mantle, Titan is too expensive if you're a buying it purely as a gaming card. It already looks stupid next to the 290x and the 780.

The only thing that bothers me is the fact that Nvidia does not really give 2 s**** about mantle, i mean their response to the 290x is the 780Ti, that is the laziest comeback ever

How is it a lazy comeback, we haven't even see reviews yet. It may well end up being faster than 290x while being cooler and less power hungry.

Mm I can just taste that gain in BF4, the question is just how much of a gain. Mirrors Edge will be great. But Battlefront 3 in the new engine running smoothly with mantle while looking amazing will make my dreams come true.

The only upcoming Frostbite games that we know of are the following:

-Battlefield 4

-Need for Speed: Rivals

-Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 

-Dragon Age: Inquisition 

-Mirror's Edge 2

-Star Wars: Battlefront

-Next Mass Effect

So, one, that's a lot of games being developed using Frostbite 3, which is NOT a bad thing, but is a surprising number to me. Secondly, It's good to see that once the BF4 Mantle patch is out in the wild, it'll be put into Frostbite, so all of the games above, along with other Frostbite 3 games, will all have Mantle support. 

C&C Generals 2 also uses Frosbite 3 btw.

How is it a lazy comeback, we haven't even see reviews yet. It may well end up being faster than 290x while being cooler and less power hungry.

It is lazy because Nvidia is not giving you a new card at all, so far it looks like this 780Ti will be positioned between the titan and 780, so the thing is they want ti have a card that works better than the 290x, so on stock it should be cooler and less power hungry, not to mention that 780 already is cooler and not as power hungry, because even if the card can pull more power, that does not mean it needs all that power, and on average the 780 will consume less power.

This is the same lazy work as they did with 680/670/660ti 

the 780 is already on par with the 290x, not to mention the 100$ is US price, in the UK you can get the MSI Gaming 780 for 30 GBP more for the better cooler and a nice boost out of the box, so the 780Ti makes sense only if they do a massive drop on the 780 price, if not the 290x and the 780 "standard" are a much better option, that is why i say it's lazy, this is nvidia going slow since AMD is not that competitive on the highest end anymore...

On the other hand this might be the "Titan Ultra" card with all SMX units enabled, and a monster, but i doubt ti... so for now i'll stick with my statement  

System

CPU: i7 4770kMotherboard: Asus Maximus VI HeroRAM: HyperX KHX318C9SRK4/32 - 32GB DDR3-1866 CL9 / GPU: Gainward Geforce GTX 670 Phantom Case: Cooler Master HAF XBStorage: 1 TB WD BluePSU: Cooler Master V-650sDisplay(s): Dell U2312HM, LG194WT, LG E1941

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15Keyboard: Logitech G710+Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SpectrumSound: Focusrite 2i4 - USB DAC / OS: Windows 7 (still holding on XD)