DICE Exec, Johan Andersson, says that all Frostbite 3 games will have "out of box" Mantle support.

I'm not comparing the two either, I'm just saying that if you have enough frames going through the buffer, you will have no lag & with V-Sync enabled you will have no tearing.

G-Sync is an interesting technology, Nvidia won't have it all to its own for too long, the console guys need this the most &  Nvidia will have to make it work on AMD hardware eventually.

Yea it definitely is going to becomes baseline in the industry. It has too.  Depending on how Nvidia has it patented and how well received it is will dictate how expensive licensing fees will be (if any) to AMD and co. I hope it won't be a lot, but knowing Nvidia it will be A LOT.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

Just think, you might be able to play Star Citizen with a current graphics card if the game supports MANTLE :P

:o didn't realise that

Check out the topic i just posted though, i think we can go nowhere short of the max settings for SC now  B)  If it looks so good already with 4 months of polish, and the game still has 14 months to official release...

Sorry, I should have been more specific.  When I said "always have a better experience"  I meant a better experience over non g-sync with the same specs. e.g. gtx 780 w/ g-sync on vs. gtx 780 w/ no g-sync.  Not better than Mantle.

The problem with saying it provides a better experience when you have the same specs is that it forces you to buy a new very expensive monitor to do it.  I would argue spending that money to get a new gpu would be a better experience than using gsync with half the gpu power.  Also once you do buy a gsync monitor you are locked into nvidia gpus.  You are locking yourself into a very expensive upgrade path if you want to keep using gsync if it remains exclusive to nvidia in the future.

i7 4770k, 16GB Corsair Vengeance

Gigabyte z87, Phanteks Enthoo Primo

The problem with saying it provides a better experience when you have the same specs is that it forces you to buy a new very expensive monitor to do it.  I would argue spending that money to get a new gpu would be a better experience than using gsync with half the gpu power.  Also once you do buy a gsync monitor you are locked into nvidia gpus.  You are locking yourself into a very expensive upgrade path if you want to keep using gsync if it remains exclusive to nvidia in the future.

Isn't the G-sync upgrade kit $100?

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Isn't the G-sync upgrade kit $100?

$175, and you need a compatible monitor. Which likely means buying a new one, which would add another 100-200 dollars to the price tag. Suddenly you're spending nearly 400 bucks on a new monitor.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

I HUGE line has to be drawn between G-Sync & Mantle.

With G-Sync you get a better experience if you have a Kepler Nvidia card AFTER you purchase a very expensive monitor, the cheapest so far is the 1080P TN panel from Asus, which costs $500.

With Mantle, you get a better experience if you have a GCN based AMD card, period.

It costs $400 not $500.

Well this sucks... I mean i would love to see AMD do well, but right now i have an Nvidia card and will not buy a new one in 2 years at least...

On the other hand it is good to see how things going in AMD-s favor.

The only thing that bothers me is the fact that Nvidia does not really give 2 s**** about mantle, i mean their response to the 290x is the 780Ti, that is the laziest comeback ever, and if mantle works wonders for AMD the titan will need a massive price drop.

And a thing just popped on my mind: what will happen with OpenGl and DX? i mean those API-s are still good, and microsoft will not sit on their but and wait till they get kicked out of the gaming industry. Since we will now have 3 major API-s, this will be very complicated. Nvidia does not have to make their API, they can improve on the OpenGl extensions and give great performance that way. Mantle needs to be epic if AMD wants to be king for some time.

Man this is getting exciting very fast, in a month or two we will have an all out war xD

This brings me to the CPU side of things, AMD is quiet about next gen steamroller, and if they don't pick up the slack from there they will still be in a lot of trouble, i mean APU-s are nice, but if we don't get a good and powerful CPU this/early next year, this will be a disaster, i have seen some leaked benchmarks with Kaveri and it seems that it can barely take on the old 2500k, so with their APU-s they are still not competitive with intel, and even if mantle spreads performance over more cores, AMD has only 4 so there is that, they will lose and if we don't see more 8 core powaaaaah, this might not end up as good as AMD planed.

Now i do realize AMD wants all of their CPU-s to be APU-s but until they have 8 cores to offer as an APU, a lot of people would not be interested at all ( i being one of them )

System

CPU: i7 4770kMotherboard: Asus Maximus VI HeroRAM: HyperX KHX318C9SRK4/32 - 32GB DDR3-1866 CL9 / GPU: Gainward Geforce GTX 670 Phantom Case: Cooler Master HAF XBStorage: 1 TB WD BluePSU: Cooler Master V-650sDisplay(s): Dell U2312HM, LG194WT, LG E1941

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15Keyboard: Logitech G710+Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SpectrumSound: Focusrite 2i4 - USB DAC / OS: Windows 7 (still holding on XD)

The only upcoming Frostbite games that we know of are the following:

-Battlefield 4

-Need for Speed: Rivals

-Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 

-Dragon Age: Inquisition 

-Mirror's Edge 2

-Star Wars: Battlefront

-Next Mass Effect

So, one, that's a lot of games being developed using Frostbite 3, which is NOT a bad thing, but is a surprising number to me. Secondly, It's good to see that once the BF4 Mantle patch is out in the wild, it'll be put into Frostbite, so all of the games above, along with other Frostbite 3 games, will all have Mantle support. 

Edited by Dim
OP of Merged Topic

COMIC SANS

No Bad Company 3. Goddamn it EA, get your shit together.

My bad, who am I kidding. Can't 2K buy out DICE yet?

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

Aww yiss, optimizationzzzz

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Bad Company 3 was already confirmed to be happening sometime sooner or later, but DICE themselves are too busy working on 3 games at the moment. Give them some more time and breathing room, and you'll get Bad Company 3.

;)

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/battlefield-bad-company-3-will-happen-says-dice/1100-6415278/

COMIC SANS

looks like its time for a GPU upgrade 

CPU: i5 3570K @4.5GHz    GPU: R9 290   MOBO: ASUS p8z77-v  RAM: 8Gb corsair vengence   CASE: ARC MIDI  PSU: XFX pro 550W  HDD: 2tb segate baracuda

What will this mean for nvidia?

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

-Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 

Woot is this a thing now?

Intel 3930K @ 4,4ghz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Corsair Dominator GT 16gb | EVGA GTX 680 Classified | Asus Xonar Xense | Corsair HX 1050 | Corsair H100i | Corsair Force 3 120gb | Western Digital 2tb Black |

What will this mean for nvidia?

The fall.....of the green team... *tear*

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Bad Company 3 was already confirmed to be happening sometime sooner or later, but DICE themselves are too busy working on 3 games at the moment. Give them some more time and breathing room, and you'll get Bad Company 3.

;)

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/battlefield-bad-company-3-will-happen-says-dice/1100-6415278/

If that game comes out to be anything like BF3, I'm gonna have to make use of certain "contacts" in Sweden...

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

Why do you keep doing this thing where you space your sentences out really far? I've seen you do this 3 posts in a row

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

Why do you keep doing this thing where you space your sentences out really far? I've seen you do this 3 posts in a row

Well I make my text really really small so it's hard to read but nobody complains about it.

On topic, I guess DICE is just being milked dry by the EA farmer now.

And most of these games are guaranteed to not sell well. It's the EA way.

No Bad Company 3. Goddamn it EA, get your shit together

BC3 will use Frostbite 4 :P

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

Question: you can't get a licence for Frostbite unless you are part of a huge company or want to pay a log of money right? You can't do what Cryengine does and give them like 15% of profits?

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla