It's a GTX Titan Kepler still a deal?

snowPT

Hi!

So, i was wondering, i got an offer on a GTX Titan from Kepler architeture for around 55USD. It's on brand new state, used for 6 months, comes with the original box from Gigabyte will all the parts and manuals. And for more 35USD he gives me a full EK block with backplate for it.

I know the price looks "way to good". The seller it's selling at this price since it haves a problem related to long-term use, but since I do graphics card repairs it's a easy job for me to fix it :P 

If i get it, i will be OC'ing it.

So still a deal? Yes? If no, why?

Thanks for all the help,

snow!

5 minutes ago, snowPT said:

Hi!

So, i was wondering, i got an offer on a GTX Titan from Kepler architeture for around 55USD. It's on brand new state, used for 6 months, comes with the original box from Gigabyte will all the parts and manuals. And for more 35USD he gives me a full EK block with backplate for it.

I know the price looks "way to good". The seller it's selling at this price since it haves a problem related to long-term use, but since I do graphics card repairs it's a easy job for me to fix it :P 

If i get it, i will be OC'ing it.

So still a deal? Yes? If no, why?

Thanks for all the help,

snow!

Thats one hell of a deal. The Titan is equivalent to a stock 480

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

7 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

Thats one hell of a deal. The Titan is equivalent to a stock 480

Its the orginal titan. No where near a 480. I'd say its a decent deal as long as you can get it working.

Heck, for that price I'd buy it even if it works or not :P

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

1 hour ago, Notree said:

Its the orginal titan. No where near a 480. I'd say its a decent deal as long as you can get it working.

the original titan is indeed about as fast as a RX 480

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-Titan-vs-AMD-RX-480/2191vs3634

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

2 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

the original titan is indeed about as fast as a RX 480

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-Titan-vs-AMD-RX-480/2191vs3634

How times change, i remember wanting one ages ago as a dream card, now its mid range

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

1 minute ago, Prokart2000 said:

How times change, i remember wanting one ages ago as a dream card, now its mid range

it's still a pretty good card for today's game...imagine someone who bought that 6gb card day 1...he has had an amazing gaming experience for over 3 years now...i was too poor though i had to buy a 3gb GTX 780..

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

I loved mine. I used just one to play bo3 on 1080. High settings and extra where it could as cards without 6gb couldn't use extra without mods. Still over 100 fps easy. Really wish I didn't get rid of my two but I have 3 Titans blacks now. I'd buy one again for that price. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

I'm really thinking on buying it, my problem is the TDP..

250w, that's too much..

btw, if i buy it and then sell it fixed, how much would i get for it?

(PS: Will sell it on the europe zone, since my country belongs to it.)

36 minutes ago, snowPT said:

I'm really thinking on buying it, my problem is the TDP..

250w, that's too much..

btw, if i buy it and then sell it fixed, how much would i get for it?

(PS: Will sell it on the europe zone, since my country belongs to it.)

What the heck I would totally buy that and the original titan is closer to a 1060 6gb than 8 gb rx480. Bro buy it if not I will buy it. You could resell it for around 400 dollars to collectors on eBay