290X and 290 get release dates

So the 290X and non X versions have a release date or "Embargo" date as said in the image presented by videocardz.com

AMD-R9-290-series-launch-dates.jpg

This is sent straight by Chris Li

Which one of you guys will get one?

Here's another picture as a further evidence:

R9-290X-launch-date-final.png

Source: http://videocardz.com/47179/amd-radeon-r9-290x-arrives-october-24th-r9-290-october-31st

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

:( I wanna find out about the non-X before the X but fine.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

:( I wanna find out about the non-X before the X but fine.

The Non-X is detailed within the post. But not the specs.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

So the 290X and non X versions have a release date or "Embargo" date as said in the image presented by videocardz.com

Source: http://videocardz.com/47179/amd-radeon-r9-290x-arrives-october-24th-r9-290-october-31st

vwMin.gif

tumblr_mb0pm1Gb0B1r3tfi0o1_500.jpg

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I've been hearing the last few days that the X was coming Friday, but all I can say it better be available for purchase Friday (and better be 599, undercutting the 780 a bit)....so I get it Monday morning on my day off...

now thinking I should of taken Tuesday off as well....damn it!

if all it is, is a price and release date announcement, I will seriously consider getting a 780 instead.

I haven't had a Nvidia card since my Riva TNT 16MB  BALLLLINNNN! LOL

Old Rig | Cpu - Intel Q6600 @ 3.5Ghz | Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212+ | Mobo - Asus Rampage Extreme | Ram - 8GB OCZ Gold 1600mhz | Gpu - 2x Asus DK Radeon HD 4870 1GB (Crossfire) | Psu - Corsair TX750W | Case - Thermaltake Element G

New Rig | Cpu - Intel 4770K @ 4.5Ghz | Cooler - Swiftech H220 | Mobo - Asus Z87 Deluxe | Ram - 16GB Kinston Hyper X Beast @ 2400Mhz | Gpu - Sapphire R9 290X | Ssd - Kingston Hyper X Beast 3K 240GB | Psu - Corsair HX850W | Case - Fractal Design Define R4

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

There are just the embargo dates, there is a difference. This same type of confusion was what caused the original rumor that the cards had been delayed when it was just the NDA date getting pushed back

prerorders in the US aren't going to happen

Wat8.jpg?1315930535

No no, but seriously, wat? Why? When did this happen? Da fuq?

† Christian Member †

Wat8.jpg?1315930535

No no, but seriously, wat? Why? When did this happen? Da fuq?

because the preorders all had a $200 or so deposit, and in the US it is illegal for a company to take money for a preordered item before its officially shipped. 

because the preorders all had a $200 or so deposit, and in the US it is illegal for a company to take money for a preordered item before its officially shipped. 

Well that is utterly inane. :| 

So, for once, at least the US had to sit it out while the rest of the world got to pre-order the 290X with BF4. Frustrating. I wonder if this is how the EU and AU feel every time a NA only thing happens. 

I guess I'm not buying BF4. I won't do it on principle now. That is stupid. I wanted them to shut up and take my money, but noooooo.

† Christian Member †

Sorry for the double post but...

Wait wait wait wait...

This clearly says "Battlefield 4 included, limited offer". Is Newegg just selling their pre-order bundles as normal products when it releases? I assumed this was the pre-order since it includes BF4. 

... Hmm, probably. Alrighty then. Maybe I will get BF4. Just got to be quick with the left click button.

† Christian Member †

Huh? Gamestop, Steam. Origin, etc do that all the time.

Sorry for the double post but...

Wait wait wait wait...

This clearly says "Battlefield 4 included, limited offer". Is Newegg just selling their pre-order bundles as normal products when it releases? I assumed this was the pre-order since it includes BF4. 

... Hmm, probably. Alrighty then. Maybe I will get BF4. Just got to be quick with the left click button.

the listings they have up are still the preorder listings, AMD and newegg were GOING to do preorders in the US but apparently someone at newegg wised up at the last second. 

Huh? Gamestop, Steam. Origin, etc do that all the time.

no, they take preorders but if you pay attention to your charge statements you wont actually be charged until the game ships. You're basically reserving a spot in line and promising to pay them, but they can't actually make the charge until the game is on its way to your door.

I preordered fear 3 from gamestop but didnt have enough money in my account when they went to ship it, so my order was cancelled. 

no, they take preorders but if you pay attention to your charge statements you wont actually be charged until the game ships. You're basically reserving a spot in line and promising to pay them, but they can't actually make the charge until the game is on its way to your door.

I preordered fear 3 from gamestop but didnt have enough money in my account when they went to ship it, so my order was cancelled. 

Does this only apply to online stores? Because you give Gamestop money whe you pre-order something in their stores.

Halloween day? Nice. And 24th? Sweet, that's in a couple days.

I just want to see benchmarks. I bet Linus already knows the price and how well the card performs anyway.

Does this only apply to online stores? Because you give Gamestop money whe you pre-order something in their stores.

only applies to credit transcations

F IT..... I just ordered a EK 290x WaterBlock....

I'm along for the ride now....LOL

Old Rig | Cpu - Intel Q6600 @ 3.5Ghz | Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212+ | Mobo - Asus Rampage Extreme | Ram - 8GB OCZ Gold 1600mhz | Gpu - 2x Asus DK Radeon HD 4870 1GB (Crossfire) | Psu - Corsair TX750W | Case - Thermaltake Element G

New Rig | Cpu - Intel 4770K @ 4.5Ghz | Cooler - Swiftech H220 | Mobo - Asus Z87 Deluxe | Ram - 16GB Kinston Hyper X Beast @ 2400Mhz | Gpu - Sapphire R9 290X | Ssd - Kingston Hyper X Beast 3K 240GB | Psu - Corsair HX850W | Case - Fractal Design Define R4

F IT..... I just ordered a EK 290x WaterBlock....

I'm along for the ride now

im very close to being right there with you.

TOMORROW LINUS MUST MAKE A VIDEO OF THE CARD WITH ROCKET :D

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.