290X and 290 get release dates

After the initial postponement i'm A bit disappointed that the non-x embargo has been pushed back to the 31st.

I don't know what AMD is thinking trying to play this game of cat & mouse with the 780ti.

Nvidia has already had the Titan and 780 on the market for 6 months with nothing to compete from AMD.... so it feels silly to try and play this game now at this late stage. I would have thought they would want to get the word out and get the cards out asap.

Huh? Gamestop, Steam. Origin, etc do that all the time.

its a program. its easier to send copies throw the internet:)

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

After the initial postponement i'm A bit disappointed that the non-x embargo has been pushed back to the 31st.

I don't know what AMD is thinking trying to play this game of cat & mouse with the 780ti.

Nvidia has already had the Titan and 780 on the market for 6 months with nothing to compete from AMD.... so it feels silly to try and play this game now at this late stage. I would have thought they would want to get the word out and get the cards out asap.

benchmarks are showing that the r9 290x cant really compete with the titan

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.

benchmarks are showing that the r9 290x cant really compete with the titan

This may or may not be true, but it wasn't really my point.

I was talking about the frustration since AMD is already very late to the game, and now they are delaying further by trying to see what Nvidia's next move is. On the other hand Nvidia can afford to do this because they already have the Titan and 780 out there.

This may or may not be true, but it wasn't really my point.

I was talking about the frustration since AMD is already very late to the game, and now they are delaying further by trying to see what Nvidia's next move is. On the other hand Nvidia can afford to do this because they already have the Titan and 780 out there.

they had it around for 2 years

they can crush amd anytime

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.

Things are not always so clear cut. When the 7970 was released Nvidia had nothing to compete and the 680 came more than 3 months later. Which meant the 580 was getting crushed by the 7970.

Things are not always so clear cut. When the 7970 was released Nvidia had nothing to compete and the 680 came more than 3 months later. Which meant the 580 was getting crushed by the 7970.

you wanna tell me that the gtx 800 series is coming out on january?

you wanna tell me that the gtx 800 series is coming out on january?

no, why would I want to tell you that

no, why would I want to tell you that

how the hell should i know

Woohoo! Really wanted to find out about the non-x version though. Looks like I will have to wait a bit longer. I have a feeling the 290X is out of my price range :P 

CPU: Intel Core i5 2550K @ 4GHz | Cooler: Gelid Tranquillo Rev. 2 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3

GPU: XFX 1GB HD6850 OC'd | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB | HDD: Samsung 500GB | PSU: Corsair HX520W | Case: Zalman Z11+

Why do people insist on believing a supposedly "leaked" slide was the truth? Was there every ANY proof beside that single slide that was reported on by the same site that reported the "delay"? There has been nothing even hinted at from AMD or reviewers about the date slipping. Reviewers didn't even get their cards until after that supposed date.

Well that is utterly inane. :| 

So, for once, at least the US had to sit it out while the rest of the world got to pre-order the 290X with BF4. Frustrating. I wonder if this is how the EU and AU feel every time a NA only thing happens. 

I guess I'm not buying BF4. I won't do it on principle now. That is stupid. I wanted them to shut up and take my money, but noooooo.

yes that is EXACTLY how we feel, sooooo frustrating, now you know how we feel

This.  Nvidia could have blasted AMD away years ago.  Instead they just started working on other things like Shield :P

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

Why do people insist on believing a supposedly "leaked" slide was the truth? Was there every ANY proof beside that single slide that was reported on by the same site that reported the "delay"? There has been nothing even hinted at from AMD or reviewers about the date slipping. Reviewers didn't even get their cards until after that supposed date.

Check 22:57

I'll get a R290x [perhaps 2, but unlikely, didn't enjoy dual GPU as much as I expected], but when I build a new Rig, which will be half a year +/- or something so I fit in my 2yrs update cycle ^^

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

From Overclockers UK

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18551336

R9 290X non BF4 addition available from 5am GMT

Hi there

Right this is a heads up!
Between 5am-6am tomorrow (Thursday) you will get an email from OcUK, be sure to be checking your email as all orders shall be being dealt with on an email basis from 5am tomorrow by 5UB himself. (You shall get a test email today linking you to this very forum post).

There shall be a dedicated email address which shall be included within the email, you shall need to reply to this email choosing the option you want and we shall process it and get your order shipped or money refunded.

The email shall contain all prices, what is in stock, ETA for items not in stock etc. etc. along with a link to benchmarks and information on upcoming regular R9 290 which launches late next week.

Our regular sales won't be dealing with this, it shall be done via email and 5UB dealing with it himself.

So far we have had half our allocation delivered, as such the first half of customers who pre-ordered first, shall be emailed first at 5am to make their choices.

Then the second half shall be emailed late morning / early afternoon to make their choices.

To any traders, we shall not be trading this product out or offering any discounts at all!

P.S. At 5am tomorrow R9 290X BF4 and R9 290X goes live, only R9 290X shall be order able, the BF4 editions are not for sale as those who placed deposits have first dibbs, so the BF4 Editions will not have order buttons on purpose. smile.gif

Lian Li PC-V359WRX Micro-ATX Case | Intel 5960X Extreme 3.00GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X99M KILLER | Crucial 32 GB 2666 DDR4 | Thermaltake NiC C5 | EVGA Supernova 1200W P2 | 2x 240GB OCZ Radeon R7 | 2x 256 GB Samsung 840 Series Pro | 2 X 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 6x NF-F12’s | Place Holder GPU R9 290X |

Links Current 5960X Old FX9590

12:01 AM EDT (UTC -4)?

That means 10:01PM CST (UTC -6) right? 

... 8 hours, 7 minutes, and counting...

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

We should be expecting reviewer videos soon from people like TTL once the UK hits 12AM. It would be an early peek for us folks in the US.

Edit: assuming the NDA date is true of course. ;)

We should be expecting reviewer videos soon from people like TTL once the UK hits 12AM. It would be an early peek for us folks in the US.

Edit: assuming the NDA date is true of course. ;)

The NDA date is timezone specific. 12:01AM UTC -4 is 4:01AM in the UK.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

@Vitalius ah that's good to know! I didn't notice that.

Yeah, that basically means it happens at the same time all over the world. Not at 12:01AM on the 23rd at each location. 

So, it happens at 10:01PM CST on the 23rd, woo! :D

† Christian Member †

Sapphire Radeon R9 290X Officially Costs €499.99, €519.99 For Battlefield 4 Bundle – Available Tomorrow.

Source:http://wccftech.com/sapphire-radeon-r9-290x-officially-costs-49999-51999-battlefield-4-bundle-tomorrow/

Great price!

WOW  :o 

Thats so cheap if thats the final price Nvidia has to drop the GTX780 to 500 or even lower.

I hope that the price of the TITAN drops with the R9 290X beeing so cheap.

RTX2070OC 

This.  Nvidia could have blasted AMD away years ago.  Instead they just started working on other things like Shield :P

but thats why they did that, they know they can, no matter how hard they try, so why not make awesome things like the shield :D shield is awesome