[HELP] Thoughts on my app's design!

Hello,

I've started the HSC (SAT's equivalent in Australia) 2017 course for Software Design and Development and I'm making a student management application in C#.

Context:

Audience - Students at my school (app ties in specifically with existing systems)

Purpose: the app provides (should provide) easier access to the 3 main areas, timetable(s), homework/assignment checklists and The Focus (school newsletter)/semester calendars  

Tell me what you think about the designs keeping in mind the following..

- the colours will (most likely) be material based and are still subject to change

- the images under the respective headings will be replaced with actual content and RSS feeds (it was easier to do it this way - saving me valuable time)

- the subjects will be linked to Google's Classroom

- don't worry about the settings, it's just there for show

Thank you, if you give feedback!

TPP 2.png

TPP.png

- the colours : nothing wrong here

- the images : too small, timetable / calendar / checklist = 1 screen each for better visibility, too much informations here

menu is good, colors too but I would prefere personally less informations in order to be able to focus more easily. We don't all use 7.6" screens. exemple : calendar: we don't see anything. oh yeah there's a point, so we have to clic on it anyway. 

with three slidings screens on each screen we wouldn't have to clic to see information

just my personal point of view, good work keep it up

nice simplistic design, and yeah the pictures are a bit small. may decrease the size of the icons on the menu so you can make the text size bigger 

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

You look like your going in the rght direction, but just remember to make sure it works for people with a 4 and a half inch screen as well as people with Ipad pros (13.9 inches). Otherwise it is looking good.

Also, make sure your when you write in white on a light blue or green background its readable. It might just be me but its quite hard to read. (I'm colourblind)

6 minutes ago, VAkena said:

I really just need some feedback before I start coding.

That looks pretty cool, the social media icons seem kinda small though. I like the overall design, can't think of anything wrong with it. :)

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

43 minutes ago, VAkena said:

snip

It looks good. I'd just suggest to stick with the same color scheme of green-blue even with the Subject tab part. Just make it a different shade of the same color used in the background. The light blue just kind of sticks out too much. Also I like the social media icons being small because I dont expect people to use them that often and otherwise would take up too much space.

44 minutes ago, VAkena said:

Hello, Sorry for posting again but I really just need some feedback before I start coding.

As mentioned in your previous post, the images are quite small and it would be difficult, to see details, especially on smaller screens. Something like one page per image would be better imo. Apart from that, it looks quite nice.

looks ok but everything is a tad on the small side

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016