I think about getting a mechanical keyboard and a expensive gaming mouse

Each day i spend upwards of 6 hours gaming. From where i come from everybody's mentality is: mouses and keyboards should be cheap and simple. Now, since i'm going to build a beast $800 gaming machine, do i go through the hassle with my parents and buy a mechanical keyboard and mouse or is it really not that important or necessary? Thanks in advance :D

Well it is nice to have one. Especially with useful Macro keys that they provide for mouse and keyboard. Mechanical feels really good

4 minutes ago, Kurt101 said:

Don't go for razer though.

This happens to everyone basically:

Screen Shot 2016-10-20 at 20.38.25.png

Aww. Good thing I have a Logitech but really? Are they really that bad

I loved Razer products before Synapse started infecting my computers and bricking all of my pre-synapse mice and keyboards. Now all I can say is stay as far away from them as possible because of this virus that is now labelled as a critical windows update.

Having a nice mouse and keyboard is definitely a "nice to have" and not needed. But if you are spending tons of hours gaming, you should at the very least get a mouse that you find very comfortable. The keyboard, I find, has less of an impact, but I sure as hell enjoy typing/gaming on my cherry blues at home compared to the membrane KB I use at work.

When in doubt, re-format.

Razer synapse, is basically the most annoying, most awfully coded software ever, that pops up all the time. Even during the windows installation. TRUST ME.... ITS THAT BAD.

3 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

moved to peripherals

sorry bud, wrong topic (i'm still new) :S

Since you do spend lots of time on the computer then it's worth it to get something of a good quality.

It's something you touch and feel anyway.

But yea, expensive or not doesn't matter, the quality is important.

15 minutes ago, dexxterlab97 said:

Aww. Good thing I have a Logitech but really? Are they really that bad

Its the worst. I wrote a long rant about it on here a year or 2 ago.

Basically, if you don't install it, your new 12 button mmo mouse becomes a standard 3 button mouse.

Also, if your mouse or KB came out before Synapse was launched, it had onboard memory for profiles. Once you install synapse, it reflashes the firmware on your devices and disables the built in profiles.

Before this, you didn't need drivers AT ALL for razer mice. Once you configured the proifiles on it, you could go and uninstall their software and still do everything you want, on ANY computer. Now you HAVE to have synapse installed, running AND connected to Razers servers in order to use your mouse. So if you wanted to use your mouse at a friends house, you would have to install this crap on it. When the software first came out, the application would crash or lose connection to razers servers ALL THE TIME and your mouse just wouldn't work. like not even moving the cursor or left click.

There is absolutely no excuse to require your MOUSE AND KEYBOARD to have always online DRM. What really Made me angry beyond anything else was when Microsoft started distributing Synapse as a critical windows update that would try and re-install itself every re-boot even though I spent 4 hours removing anything and everything razer related from my computer (software, registry, scheduled tasks, and hardware)

When in doubt, re-format.

If you're gonna get a keyboard with macros they it will significantly extend your keyboard's length. I have a macro one and I use it on the same surface as my mouse and it works terribly. I have to arc my arms out to fit the mouses qwerty keys and my mouse instead of using it just straight forward. It's fine if you have a slide out for your keyboard and you use your mouse on top of the desk.

6 hours ago, pwn_intended said:

Its the worst. I wrote a long rant about it on here a year or 2 ago.

Basically, if you don't install it, your new 12 button mmo mouse becomes a standard 3 button mouse.

Also, if your mouse or KB came out before Synapse was launched, it had onboard memory for profiles. Once you install synapse, it reflashes the firmware on your devices and disables the built in profiles.

Before this, you didn't need drivers AT ALL for razer mice. Once you configured the proifiles on it, you could go and uninstall their software and still do everything you want, on ANY computer. Now you HAVE to have synapse installed, running AND connected to Razers servers in order to use your mouse. So if you wanted to use your mouse at a friends house, you would have to install this crap on it. When the software first came out, the application would crash or lose connection to razers servers ALL THE TIME and your mouse just wouldn't work. like not even moving the cursor or left click.

There is absolutely no excuse to require your MOUSE AND KEYBOARD to have always online DRM. What really Made me angry beyond anything else was when Microsoft started distributing Synapse as a critical windows update that would try and re-install itself every re-boot even though I spent 4 hours removing anything and everything razer related from my computer (software, registry, scheduled tasks, and hardware)

On my logitech G600, I saved the profile on the mouse and uninstalled the software and haven't had problems since. That was over a year ago.

sorry I thought you were talking about logitech