New Razer Blade Pro 17"

So Razer just announced the new Razer Blade Pro, a 17" "desktop replacement".

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-systems/razer-blade-pro

i7-6700HQ, GTX 1080, 0.9" thick, low profile mechanical keyboard, 99whr battery, 4K G-sync display.

Razer claim they are "generations ahead" with the cooling solution. I hope it's not generations ahead like the 14" Blade cause that's so futuristic that it can't cool current CPUs/GPUs lol. It's using a vapor chamber.

Oh, STARTING price point: $3.6k and... €4.1k. Lol.

Looks badass.

@nicklmg will LMG be reviewing this?

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

The new razer blade, yes the one with the extra ridiculous names, got announced and is being announced right now! An i7 6700-HQ, a GTX 1080, 32 gigs of DDR4 memory, thunderbolt, up to 2 TBs of PCiE SSD storage, the "first" low profile mechanical switches, and keyboard, headphone jack (xD), SD slot, Killer Doubleshot Pro networking, 17.3 in.,a 4K, g-sync supported monitor, a weight of 3.5kg, and a total height of 22.5mm. It is Shipping worldwide in November. the base model is at a price of 4.199$, and 3699, for a more "lite" version. For the EU fans, they will receive the Razer Orochi mouse, and the Razer Kabuto mousepad for free, if they purchase this laptop, or "the desktop inside a laptop", as razer calls it. I would like to hear your opinions on this laptop!

Project "Transcend": i7 7700k-R9 380 4GB by MSi, Z170-HD3P

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $453 ($123 with sales)
  • Games owned: 76
  • Games not played: 40 (53%)
  • Hours on record: 667.0h

8 minutes ago, slanensis said:

The new razer blade, yes the one with the extra ridiculous names, got announced and is being announced right now! An i7 6700-HQ, a GTX 1080, 32 gigs of DDR4 memory, thunderbolt, up to 2 TBs of PCiE SSD storage, the "first" low profile mechanical switches, and keyboard, headphone jack (xD), SD slot, Killer Doubleshot Pro networking, 17.3 in.,a 4K, g-sync supported monitor, a weight of 35.kg, and a total height of 22.5mm. It is Shipping worldwide in November. the base model is at a price of 4.199$, and 3699, for a more "lite" version. For the EU fans, they will receive the Razer Orochi mouse, and the Razer Kabuto mousepad for free, if they purchase this laptop, or "the desktop inside a laptop", as razer calls it. I would like to hear your opinions on this laptop!

Damn, 35 Kg, gotta use my guns Lmao

Just now, Nacho Marco Segui said:

Damn, 35 Kg, gotta use my guns Lmao

hahaha! anyways, thanks for the point-out, corected the mistake.

It is 3.5kg btw xD

Project "Transcend": i7 7700k-R9 380 4GB by MSi, Z170-HD3P

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $453 ($123 with sales)
  • Games owned: 76
  • Games not played: 40 (53%)
  • Hours on record: 667.0h

4 minutes ago, Dark said:

'Cutting Edge Thermal Design'

Still wishful thinking on their part if they think they'll be able to cool that 1080.

It's Razer dude. They don't give a single shit as long as it sells. This thing will reach 95C, cook itself to death and be the most expensive slab of aluminum in existence. And they won't give a single fuck.

it is a joke. They also said the same cooling tech as in their other blades and now with a super thin vapor chamber, instead of a normal size vapor chamber. GG. 

"Worlds first low profile mech keyboard" Yeah FUCK OFF, you lying son of B***H. Where did the Lenovo Y900 go? 

"No competition with a 1080 and a quad core to compare it to" Yeah you must be stupid to believe that. It is totally not like there is a Clevo laptop with a GTX 1080 and a DESKTOP i7. Oh wait there is

It is just going to be like any of their other laptops a stove.  Razer lies so fucking much.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

57 minutes ago, Dark said:

'Cutting Edge Thermal Design'

...allowed us to create the worlds greatest egg cooking device. It also happens to be the only cooking option which also runs Windows 10!"

Hi

Another awesome blade with another "confusing" name  . haha:D

I really like Razer laptops bot they are really expensive . Temps are really interesting under the load . How can you put a 1080 in a thin gaming laptop like that and not thermal throttle !!?!?!?!?? Maybe "Razer magic" ?xD And I think we found Linus's new daily driver!!

@nicklmg @LinusTech When will you review this ??

2 minutes ago, Red Hardware said:

I really like Razer laptops bot they are really expensive . Temps are really interesting under the load . How can you put a 1080 in a thin gaming laptop like that and not thermal throttle !!?!?!?!?? Maybe "Razer magic" ?xD And I think we found Linus's new daily driver!!

Wtf are you saying. It throttles to shit. 

THE FUCKING 6700HQ BOTTLENECKS THE 1080. Holy shit, Razer can't even put a 6920HQ in there. 

Laptop Main

(Retired) Zbook 15: i7-6820HQ, M2000M, 32gb, 512gb SSD + 2tb HDD, 4k Dreamcolor

(Retired) Alienware 15 R3: i7-6820HK, GTX1070, 16gb, 512 SSD + 1tb HDD, 1080p

(Retired) T560: i7-6600U, HD520, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1620p

(Retired) P650RS: i7-6820HK, 1070, 16gb, 512gb + 1tb HDD, 4k Samsung PLS

(Retired) MBP 2012 Retina: i7-3820QM, GT650M, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1800p

54 minutes ago, Squirrel724 said:

...allowed us to create the worlds greatest egg cooking device. It also happens to be the only cooking option which also runs Windows 10!"

Hhaha , I thought same way !! If it doesn't thermal throttle , then Razer did magic !9_9

2 minutes ago, Pendragon said:

Wtf are you saying. It throttles to shit. 

THE FUCKING 6700HQ BOTTLENECKS THE 1080. Holy shit, Razer can't even put a 6920HQ in there. 

HI ,We should wait for the review , but why did they moved the touchpad ? Maybe thermals !!! But why a 6700HQ in a 3600~3700 $ laptop ?

7 minutes ago, Red Hardware said:

Hi

Another awesome blade with another "confusing" name  . haha:D

@nicklmg @LinusTech When will you review this ??

Doubt it will be a daily driver. From what I know he is more of a 13-14" laptop guy, but who knows

Breaking things 1 day at a time

12 minutes ago, Red Hardware said:

HI ,We should wait for the review , but why did they moved the touchpad ? Maybe thermals !!! But why a 6700HQ in a 3600~3700 $ laptop ?

We don't need to wait for a review. We know how physics work and we know the power of a 6700HQ, this laptop is a joke in every way.

Razer has not been able to cool a single laptop well for years now, yet they claim to have "the best thermal engineers". Maybe the best 4 year old thermal engineers.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

6 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

We don't need to wait for a review. We know how physics work and we know the power of a 6700HQ, this laptop is a joke in every way.

Razer has not been able to cool a single laptop well for years now, yet they claim to have "the best thermal engineers". Maybe the best 4 year old thermal engineers.

But the thermals of their new blade that Linus use as a daily driver is okay !! 

Just now, Red Hardware said:

But the thermals of their new blade that Linus use as a daily driver is okay !! 

you have not been around a lot here have you?

His Blade is cherry picked, so no quality control problems, most likely also a model with a perfect CPU, one that runs cooler than a average model of that CPU.

The stealth thermal throttles, the blade 970m thermal throttles, the blade 1060 thermal throttle after 5min in Overwatch, Overwatch is not stressful in any way.

You see Linus is a shit laptop reviewer, he does not stress them at all in any way and heck in the gigabyte "cheap mans blade" video he even says that his blade thermal throttles. 

@Pendragon you will love this.

1 minute ago, Dackzy said:

I gave up. Razer went full retard LOL. If they put a 1060 in this laptop, it would be pretty nice. 

Laptop Main

(Retired) Zbook 15: i7-6820HQ, M2000M, 32gb, 512gb SSD + 2tb HDD, 4k Dreamcolor

(Retired) Alienware 15 R3: i7-6820HK, GTX1070, 16gb, 512 SSD + 1tb HDD, 1080p

(Retired) T560: i7-6600U, HD520, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1620p

(Retired) P650RS: i7-6820HK, 1070, 16gb, 512gb + 1tb HDD, 4k Samsung PLS

(Retired) MBP 2012 Retina: i7-3820QM, GT650M, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1800p

Just now, Pendragon said:

I gave up. Razer went full retard LOL. If they put a 1060 in this laptop, it would be pretty nice. 

I think that it might even have a problem with a 1060.

The thing that made me really mad at them where all the lying.

7 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

you have not been around a lot here have you?

His Blade is cherry picked, so no quality control problems, most likely also a model with a perfect CPU, one that runs cooler than a average model of that CPU.

The stealth thermal throttles, the blade 970m thermal throttles, the blade 1060 thermal throttle after 5min in Overwatch, Overwatch is not stressful in any way.

You see Linus is a shit laptop reviewer, he does not stress them at all in any way and heck in the gigabyte "cheap mans blade" video he even says that his blade thermal throttles. 

Oh , I didn't  know that. thank you but can you give me a link or something that talks about 1060 blade thermal throttling problem and temps and speed under heavy load ?

2 minutes ago, Red Hardware said:

Oh , I didn't  know that. thank you but can you give me a link or something that talks about 1060 blade thermal throttling problem and temps and speed under heavy load ?

there are some links

and then we have this video where you can see the temps in on corner and you can hear the fans over all of that background noise.

2 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

SNIP

to add to that for the CPU anything above 85c= thermal throttling, for the GPU it is 82-83c

20 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

there are some links

and then we have this video where you can see the temps in on corner and you can hear the fans over all of that background noise.

Thanks man

I can't believe it !! 90 ~95 ewww . So why is Linus really interested in Razer laptops ? And are you sure that this thermal throttling problem affect all of the 1060 blades ? It might be a bad fan or ... ? 

1 minute ago, Red Hardware said:

Thanks man

I can believe it !! 90 ~95 ewww . So why is Linus really interested in Razer laptops ? And are you sure that this thermal throttling problem affect all of the 1060 blades ? It might be a bad fan or ... ? 

nope all. Every blade will run hot. That is also a show off model. A 1060 is hotter than the 970m and the 970m already thermal throttled, so the 1060 is even worse.

He gets a perfect exsample with the perfect CPU and he doesn't game or do anything intensive.