R9 290 and 290x release price?

kmdays

which is the release price of these cards? anyone know? 

~500 for the 290 , ~650-750 for the 290X. These are just speculations we really don't know the real price

Interested in Business and Technology

At this point there's no official one since everything is under NDA, some shops listed the 290x for ~650€ (most likely $650) and the 290 for 480€-600€

144Hz goodness

newegg had the 290x on there for $730 for a few days, been replaced with a placeholder now.

Honestly, I am nearly totally fed up with this crap.

BF4 is a week away and we still do not have a price for the 290x. It's supposed to be bundled with the game for f'ks sake. Don't even have the ability to pre-order yet either.....I guess there won't be pre-orders if they don't do it asap.

Looks like its going to be a mad dash for what retailers have in stock at this point.

I've been holding out since I built my new rig at the start of August. But I feel like this whole ordeal is just a joke now.

I understand holding your cards, but this is ridiculous. Whoever has decided to keep the lid sealed this long should be taken out back and put out of their misery. F'ks sake, just let the people know how much they are going to be spending on this damn thing already. I'd sure as hell like to know exactly what i'm going to need to spend.

I'm curious wondering just how many sales they might have lost because of this. Also, because they have waited so long...if the price is set too high, just because of the last minute reveal (of price) it could turn lots of people off of it, who otherwise were going to buy the card.

I'm going to buy the damn thing 99%, but I'd sure as hell like to prepare myself (and my wallet) for the hit i'm going to take for it.

I'm sure im not the only one who feels like this.... am I??? LOL

Old Rig | Cpu - Intel Q6600 @ 3.5Ghz | Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212+ | Mobo - Asus Rampage Extreme | Ram - 8GB OCZ Gold 1600mhz | Gpu - 2x Asus DK Radeon HD 4870 1GB (Crossfire) | Psu - Corsair TX750W | Case - Thermaltake Element G

New Rig | Cpu - Intel 4770K @ 4.5Ghz | Cooler - Swiftech H220 | Mobo - Asus Z87 Deluxe | Ram - 16GB Kinston Hyper X Beast @ 2400Mhz | Gpu - Sapphire R9 290X | Ssd - Kingston Hyper X Beast 3K 240GB | Psu - Corsair HX850W | Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Same. I just have my tubing hanging in the air for where the 290x is supposed to go. but still no 290x  :(

Intel 4770k   -   Corsair Vengeance Pro CL9 16gb 1866mhz   -   Corsair Air 540   -   Gentle Typhoon AP45   -   Corsair ax1200i   -   Razer Death Adder 2013   -   Filco Majestouch 2   -   Crucial m4 256gb ssd   -   1TB Western Digital Black   -   Asus Maximus vi Formula   -   Bitspower matte black fittings   -   Black Ice sr1 240mm and 360mm Radiators   -   Swiftech mcp655   -   EK x-res pump top   -   Promochill Advanced lrt 3/8 5/8 bloodshed red tubing   -   swiftech apogee hd cpu block   -   Asus pb278q 1440p monitor   -   Razer Carcharas Headphones   -   Razer Vespula Hard Mouse Pad   -   Arctic Silver 5 TIM   -   Sapphire r9-290x   -   Ek-fc R9-290x Waterblock and Backplate

It just means they aren't confident with their product. Or it could mean it's not ready and are rushing trying to make them. In any case, I don't really care anymore. Biggest thing was the rumored $600 price but since it's probably gonna be priced higher than the 780 there's really nothing special about the 290x. Wow, it comes close to the Titan, well so does the 780. Big freaking whoop!

Honestly, I am nearly totally fed up with this crap.

BF4 is a week away and we still do not have a price for the 290x. It's supposed to be bundled with the game for f'ks sake. Don't even have the ability to pre-order yet either.....I guess there won't be pre-orders if they don't do it asap.

Looks like its going to be a mad dash for what retailers have in stock at this point.

I've been holding out since I built my new rig at the start of August. But I feel like this whole ordeal is just a joke now.

I understand holding your cards, but this is ridiculous. Whoever has decided to keep the lid sealed this long should be taken out back and put out of their misery. F'ks sake, just let the people know how much they are going to be spending on this damn thing already. I'd sure as hell like to know exactly what i'm going to need to spend.

I'm curious wondering just how many sales they might have lost because of this. Also, because they have waited so long...if the price is set too high, just because of the last minute reveal (of price) it could turn lots of people off of it, who otherwise were going to buy the card.

I'm going to buy the damn thing 99%, but I'd sure as hell like to prepare myself (and my wallet) for the hit i'm going to take for it.

I'm sure im not the only one who feels like this.... am I??? LOL

I'm fed up too, I'm This close || to just buying what I originally planned, a 780 Classified.

I've been Nvidia since I can remember. I thought about going for the 290x simply because It will probably be one if not the strongest card for gaming on the market.

But with Nvidia being Nvidia they announced the 780Ti which will more then likely beat the 290x.

Hell I should just go order the 780 now with Evga step up Ill get the 780Ti in two months...

| CPU: Intel i7-4770K | GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 780 Classified SLI| MB: ASRock Z87 OC Formula | RAM: Crucial Ballistix 8GB 1866mz | SSD: Samsung 840 evo 120gb  | HDD:  WD 350GB 7200 | 
| Case:Cooler Master HAF X(modded) | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: 1050W Seasoic X Series|
Build Link: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/73981-first-intel-build-since-duo-superbee/

I'm fed up too, I'm This close || to just buying what I originally planned, a 780 Classified.

I've been Nvidia since I can remember. I thought about going for the 290x simply because It will probably be one if not the strongest card for gaming on the market.

But with Nvidia being Nvidia they announced the 780Ti which will more then likely beat the 290x.

Hell I should just go order the 780 now with Evga step up Ill get the 780Ti in two months...

Don't think you could do the Step Up from what I've read since it's not a reference card. That's what people are saying on the EVGA Forums. 

Don't think you could do the Step Up from what I've read since it's not a reference card. That's what people are saying on the EVGA Forums. 

hmm that's odd they have other Ti models on the list. Ill have to try and dig deeper.

| CPU: Intel i7-4770K | GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 780 Classified SLI| MB: ASRock Z87 OC Formula | RAM: Crucial Ballistix 8GB 1866mz | SSD: Samsung 840 evo 120gb  | HDD:  WD 350GB 7200 | 
| Case:Cooler Master HAF X(modded) | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: 1050W Seasoic X Series|
Build Link: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/73981-first-intel-build-since-duo-superbee/

If either of them wait too much longer Maxwell will be out...

I'm pretty sure Maxwells will come by 2nd or 3rd quarter of 2014... that's good 9 months from now... pretty sure AMD will release the card this or next month. So will Nvidia release 780ti in November :)

][ CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t @3,7GHz ][ GPU: GTX 660 2GB ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 8GB @1450Mhz CL9 DDR3 ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: SilentiumPC Regnum L50 ][ CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo & Arctic MX4 ][

R9-290 will be between 449-549 and the r9-290x is going to be between 549-649 most likely.

i don't think they are confirmed yet but most people guess 500 for 290 and 650 for 290X.

nice try kids now get back in the van...........

In Brazil the r9 290 will cost $1 million and the r9 290x will cost $2 million. 

I think Brazilians can appreciate the humour behind this.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

~500 for the 290 , ~650-750 for the 290X. These are just speculations we really don't know the real price

a shop here has had the the 290x listed for about 1700$ for some time now, another competitor came later and listed it for 1000$.

which makes no sense whatsoever considering that shops/online stores down here always have almost exactly the same prices as they really don't have a margin to play with, i think they are just guessing .. this wouldn't be the first time.

Shops always increase the cost. I always prefer to buy from Amazon

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

It just means they aren't confident with their product. Or it could mean it's not ready and are rushing trying to make them. In any case, I don't really care anymore. Biggest thing was the rumored $600 price but since it's probably gonna be priced higher than the 780 there's really nothing special about the 290x. Wow, it comes close to the Titan, well so does the 780. Big freaking whoop!

Why would it be priced higher? That would go against AMD logic. Make good products for cheep! Oh and it should come with like 8 games you eyahhh...

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

Why would it be priced higher? That would go against AMD logic. Make good products for cheep! Oh and it should come with like 8 games you eyahhh...

Because they've never had such a powerful card. 

Because they've never had such a powerful card. 

And Nvidia has never had a card more powerful than the Titan?...

Oh and what about the 7990? Yeah, it's a dual chip but it's basically as powerful as a Titan..

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

And Nvidia has never had a card more powerful than the Titan?...

Oh and what about the 7990? Yeah, it's a dual chip but it's basically as powerful as a Titan..

But it's a dual chip card. 

There's no reason for AMD to price it lower than the 780 if it beats it. 

which is the release price of these cards? anyone know? 

More than what I have...

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

But it's a dual chip card. 

There's no reason for AMD to price it lower than the 780 if it beats it. 

Yeah, a dual chip card cheaper than a 780 and with 8 games.

Yeah, to discourage Nvidia Fanboys from buying it. I think however, they will milk the initial buyers and then drop the price like it's an ugly baby, like they did with the 7990.

Yeah, a dual chip card cheaper than a 780 and with 8 games.

Yeah, to discourage Nvidia Fanboys from buying it. I think however, they will milk the initial buyers and then drop the price like it's an ugly baby, like they did with the 7990.

Well the 7990 was $1000 and they only dropped the price to compete with the 780. I'm sure they saw they weren't selling many of them so doing a massive price drop was smart. This $1000 standard for dual cards is dumb! It should be cheaper than buying two separate cards.