Windows 8 product key extraction: instructions!

We all know it's a pain in the neck having a Windows 8 system and not having a product key when say... the HDD goes all tits up, or a serious malware infection, or maybe you just hate the OEM bloat and want to wipe / re-install... here's the solution:

Step one, download the following program from this website:

http://www.sherr.co.uk/retrieve_windows_8_license_key_from_bios/

Find a blocked product key from somewhere, use it to get through an installation of Windows 8 (download a clean ISO somewhere, no cracks, no activation, remember this is legitimate!)

Once installed, run that program, tick the MSDM checkbox, copy the key it produces, it's from your BIOS. 

Use that key to replace the blocked key when Windows tries to activate

Once done, enjoy a legitimate license and a clean install of Windows.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please don't report this, It's not piracy, I've seen friends refer to activators because of the product key issue. This is as legitimate as it can get without paying a manufacturer £££ for recovery media!!!

Intel Core I5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, AMD Radeon HD6950, Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe motherboard, 8GB DDR3 Corsair RAM, Corsair H100, 60GB Agility3 OS drive + 1TB WD Blue drive. 

I use this rig mainly for facebook and emails. Pointless effort to be honest!

With Windows 8 you can reinstall without losing data, or having to reactivate.

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Not always, as with someone I had to deal with today had a completely written off copy of windows which couldn't be used, couldn't get into and couldn't even be repaired. This was the only option...

Intel Core I5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, AMD Radeon HD6950, Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe motherboard, 8GB DDR3 Corsair RAM, Corsair H100, 60GB Agility3 OS drive + 1TB WD Blue drive. 

isnt the code conected to you microsoft account??? 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

We all know it's a pain in the neck having a Windows 8 system and not having a product key when say... the HDD goes all tits up, or a serious malware infection, or maybe you just hate the OEM bloat and want to wipe / re-install... here's the solution:

Find a blocked product key from somewhere, use it to get through an installation of Windows 8 (download a clean ISO somewhere, no cracks, no activation, remember this is legitimate!)

Once installed, run that program, tick the MSDM checkbox, copy the key it produces, it's from your BIOS. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please don't report this, It's not piracy, I've seen friends refer to activators because of the product key issue. This is as legitimate as it can get without paying a manufacturer £££ for recovery media!!!

Awesome post.

I just want to say, you can click 'skip this for now' on the activation page. You don't need to use any activation key until you are ready (i.e. have your original).

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Awesome post.

I just want to say, you can click 'skip this for now' on the activation page. You don't need to use any activation key until you are ready (i.e. have your original).

Yeah I know, but I assume people want to sort it quick :)

• 3 weeks later...

Well Since I live a perfect life I get unlimited free licences for Windows 8 :P My college bought the like unlimited thingy and I decided to have code to use for myself wahahahah

Never expires or deactivates...

Life is good 

But I'll try this way ;) Lets see if it actually works for everyone else.

Cool.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

really confused so can u do this to get an illegal copy of windows?

or i dont know what you are asking but no you can only use they key once except for the same computer 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

Well Since I live a perfect life I get unlimited free licences for Windows 8 :P My college bought the like unlimited thingy and I decided to have code to use for myself wahahahah

Life is good 

my brother gave me 1 thanks to his university  :D

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Life is good

This is how I got my copy my windows 7 went tits up after some automatic updates. My mate gave me his university key said windows 8 was crap I thought so too for about a month

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Life is good

You think you could share some of dem codes me boy

Not since you called me a boy. :(

:) you wouldn't in the first place girl

:) you wouldn't in the first place girl

Why woudn't I? I have nothing to loose. i only gain your thanks...

Why woudn't I? I have nothing to loose. i only gain your thanks...

I don't understand :( are you a boy or girl?

• 3 months later...

Not true; I just restored a clients computer using the WINDOWS 8 recovery, NOT Samsungs and it's telling me the product key is blocked. Hopefully this tool will work. If not, well shit.

Not always, as with someone I had to deal with today had a completely written off copy of windows which couldn't be used, couldn't get into and couldn't even be repaired. This was the only option...

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Life is good 

I have that... but for windows 7 professional and office 2010 :D

Works even if I don't have a key? 

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

Anyone else getting this? 7m4kx.png

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

I have that... but for windows 7 professional and office 2010 :D

Yee Too bad I dont use Office or i might have used it :P

Yee Too bad I dont use Office or i might have used it :P

I might be able to stash some btc in your wallet, if you can hook another brother up... WInk Wink

Prepare for battle in BATTLEFIELD 4! All New Dog tags JUST LIKE THIS: