bequiet! vs Corsair vs EVGA PSU

Allshevski

Hi, so I need to buy a PSU for my system and have found three that seem really nice. Now, I don't care about wattage as my system needs 400W at most, but about quietness. Which one will be the quietest?

-bequiet! System Power 8 500W

-Corsair VS Series 450W

-EVGA 600W

Thanks in advance guys.

I need S340. But more Define S'ish

1 minute ago, Allshevski said:

Hi, so I need to buy a PSU for my system and have found three that seem really nice. Now, I don't care about wattage as my system needs 400W at most, but about quietness. Which one will be the quietest?

-bequiet! System Power 8 500W

-Corsair VS Series 450W

-EVGA 600W

Thanks in advance guys.

None of those are good PSUs they are low quality and not meant for gaming. I would go with this instead.

EVGA or seasonic.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Corsair VS is garbage. 

I think the System power L8 is garbage 

I am guessing the EVGA unit you are talking about is the W1 which is also garbage. 

What are you powering? 

What is your budget? 

Where are you from? 

I know they are not the highest quality, but look, they are fine, if you can find me anything better for less than $60 then please do so.

5 minutes ago, Unexas. said:

None of those are good PSUs they are low quality and not meant for gaming. I would go with this instead.

The EVGA NEX-G is overpriced and not very good, not a good option. It is also in a very different budget to low end PSUs. 

try the evga g2 supernova series they´re good quality

seasonic  or XFX got many good too

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278610-display-technology-faqmythbuster/

8 minutes ago, Enderman said:

EVGA or seasonic.

The B2, G2, GS, GQ, P2, PS and T2 are all great units, but that is half the story. 

EVGA isn't perfect, the have the "N1", "W1", NEX-B, B1, B2, NEX-G and G1, ranging from do not touch to overpriced and not very good. 

27 minutes ago, Unexas. said:

Tbh, that's not even good. NEX = G1 = Bad. There's a useful list btw which lots of people follow (@Allshevski):

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Except EVGA Supernova is twice the price of any of them. So yeah, I'm happy with VS quality really, I know I shouldn't cheap out on PSUs but come on... I think I will go with the bequiet! one. It has the same yate loon fan as VS 450 but looks overall nicer, black cables and stuff, without that restrictive fan grill. And yeah, I can always swap the fan for something nicer.

Edit: Just. Fffin. Stop. My system is the cheapest ATX motherboard I could find half a year ago, cheapest RAM, HDD ripped out of my PS4 because I didn't have money, GPU is crappy GTX 960 WF2 because it was the cheapest GPU I could find, only thing I really care about is my case, my fans and my CPU cooler. Plus I can take the risk of my PSU violently exploding and killing my family. It's fine.

3 hours ago, TheRandomness said:

Tbh, that's not even good. NEX = G1 = Bad. There's a useful list btw which lots of people follow (@Allshevski):

Ehhh I wouldn't call the NexG1 bad, sure its not good but it definitely isn't bad.

I would go for a Corsair 450 or 550 watt CXM. Both should be under $60 and are unbeatable for their price.

45 minutes ago, Allshevski said:

Except EVGA Supernova is twice the price of any of them. So yeah, I'm happy with VS quality really, I know I shouldn't cheap out on PSUs but come on... I think I will go with the bequiet! one. It has the same yate loon fan as VS 450 but looks overall nicer, black cables and stuff, without that restrictive fan grill. And yeah, I can always swap the fan for something nicer.

Edit: Just. Fffin. Stop. My system is the cheapest ATX motherboard I could find half a year ago, cheapest RAM, HDD ripped out of my PS4 because I didn't have money, GPU is crappy GTX 960 WF2 because it was the cheapest GPU I could find, only thing I really care about is my case, my fans and my CPU cooler. Plus I can take the risk of my PSU violently exploding and killing my family. It's fine.

The CX450M is in your price range and is better than any of the options you listed. The Corsair VS and EVGA 600W white unit are both poor and the System Power L8 isn't supremely good either. The CX450M is certainly a better buy.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||