broadwell is coming to desktop in late 2014....

snowComet

VR-Zone reported, as samples of z97 chipsets had been set to motherboard manufacturers,Intel's latest roadmap was leaked. VR-Zone obtained a copy of their latest roadmap, showing the broadwell k series processor will be available in late 2014.

http://vr-zone.com/articles/intels-broadwell-k-launching-end-2014-according-new-roadmap/60966.htm

post-32565-0-77158500-1382181803.png

old

but pic is new

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.

Broadwell*

i didn't notice that. thx for reminding me.

who cares

only people that will be "very" interested in broadwell will be the mobile and server market

ill stick with my 2600k until what comes after Cannonlake

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I doubt it's new, but with Haswell-E, it appears it would become a much more attractive option with a new chipset and the new features that are coming. While Broadwell doesn't seem too enticing at this point in time, I think we'll see a few more people moving to the enthusiast platform because it will actually have enthusiast features.

Intel i7 3770k, Maximus V Formula, 32GB G.Skill 1600MHz RAM, ASUS DCUII GTX 670

Broadwell on the desktop would only interest me if we start seeing six core CPUs in the main-stream LGA-1150 socket.

But we all know that it'll be a cold day in hell before Intel does that. Especially if it risks cannibalising sales of the High-End platform

If they add more cores or it is another sandybridge then I will buy it.

What about for notebooks? I hope it comes by Q1 2014 for notebooks to end my 2 year wait for an upgrade :P

PC in Profile

What improvements are coming to Broadwell? I heard it was going to use less power than Haswell, which is kind of useless on a desktop.

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

What improvements are coming to Broadwell? I heard it was going to use less power than Haswell, which is kind of useless on a desktop.

I think it would be safe to assume similar improvements to the Sandy Bridge to Ivy Bridge refresh.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

• 1 month later...

Damn seems like a bad time to upgrade with AMD releasing no plans for new AM3+ CPU's and Intel moving to a new chipset(which might mean that you yet again need a new motherboard to get the new CPUs http://www.guru3d.com/news_story/intel_broadwell_k_lga1150_cpus_has_gt3_graphics.html)

My Rig - Intel 4670K (4.3Ghz) Cooler Noctua NH-C14| Gigabyte Z87X-UD5H | 16GB GSkill 1866MHz | Gigabyte 7970 OC  | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | Thermaltake Overseer RX-I  | Thermaltake TP Qfan 750w

Brothers rig- AMD FX-6100(4.1 GHz) | Gigabyte 990FXA -D3 | 8GB GSkill 1866MHz | Sapphire 7870 Ghz OC  | Kingston HyperX 3K 120Gb | Antec 900 v3  | Antec Neopower Blue 650w

How is it a Haswell refresh when the Z87 boards will not be compatible with the chips?  Remember, the VRM controller is being moved off of the die and back onto the board for Broadwell.

Haswell-E.....

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

I am uninterested in this

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

More iterested in Haswell E. Seems others are as well.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

More iterested in Haswell E. Seems others are as well.

Skylake is the thing that has interested me lately. Having DDR4 and PCIe 4 on the same chipset sounds like a good time to upgrade.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Skylake is the thing that has interested me lately. Having DDR4 and PCIe 4 on the same chipset sounds like a good time to upgrade.

Ah yes I completely forgot about skylake. When is that set to launch?

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

Ah yes I completely forgot about skylake. When is that set to launch?

I haven't checked in forever but I think 2015.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Haswell-E will be interesting only if it does deliver 8-core on the 5930K level, otherwise I'll just shut my eyes and ears and go LA LA LALA LALA

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.