Cooling my video card with *just* a Corsair Hydro?

TopWargamer

You cannot attach that cooler to a GPU.

It is for CPUs only.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

3 minutes ago, Enderman said:

It is for CPUs only.

They could, it just wouldn't be recommended.

That and they would be missing cooling for quite a bit of the GPU.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

10 minutes ago, Enderman said:

It is for CPUs only.

Can't you technically attach CPU coolers onto GPUs tho? Sometimes with brackets, and sometimes without them?

COMIC SANS

1 minute ago, TheKDub said:

They could, it just wouldn't be recommended.

That and they would be missing cooling for quite a bit of the GPU.

Nope.

Unless you consider zip ties and tape a "proper" way of attaching it.

Just now, TopWargamer said:

Can't you technically attach CPU coolers onto GPUs tho? Sometimes with brackets, and sometimes without them?

The only liquid coolers you can attach to a GPU are the default asetek mounting circle like this one

Image result for asetek aio

Which are compatible with the NZXT G10 bracket.

The H100i v2 does not work with the G10 bracket, it requires the HG10 bracket from corsair, which is not available for the GTX1070.

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/cooling

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

Nope.

I never said it'd be properly attached, I only said that they could attach it.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

3 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Nope.

The only liquid coolers you can attach to a GPU are the default asetek mounting circle like this one

Image result for asetek aio

Which are compatible with the NZXT G10 bracket.

The H100i v2 does not work with the G10 bracket, it requires the HG10 bracket from corsair, which is not available for the GTX1070.

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/cooling

So then the H110 is up for discussion?

Shipping sucks

3 minutes ago, GSTARR said:

So then the H110 is up for discussion?

Yup, H110 + NZXT G10 bracket would work.

Personally I would go with the Kraken X61 over the H110, since the H110 is really old.

Spoiler

Just now, Enderman said:

Yup, H110 + NZXT G10 bracket would work.

Personally I would go with the Kraken X61 over the H110, since the H110 is really old.

smh r00d that's what I use

although I am looking at 360mm now lmao

Shipping sucks