Your Samsung washing machine is going to explode! (Maybe.)

A defective part is causing select top-load Samsung washing machines to break apart, according to a report published today.

Original post from CNET: https://www.cnet.com/news/certain-samsung-washing-machines-exploding-report-says/

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), a government body charged with protecting consumers from the risks associated with defective products, is working with Samsung to address this defect. Read the CPSC's statement below:

"The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is actively and cooperatively working with Samsung to address safety issues related to certain top-load washing machines made between March 2011 and April 2016. CPSC is advising consumers to only use the delicate cycle when washing bedding, water-resistant and bulky items. The lower spin speed in the delicate cycle lessens the risk of impact injuries or property damage due to the washing machine becoming dislodged.

CPSC and Samsung are working on a remedy for affected consumers that will help ensure that there are no further incidents. We will provide updated information to the public as soon as possible. Consumers can contact Samsung for more information. Consumers should report any incidents to CPSC via our website www.SaferProducts.gov."

Good thing I have LG washing machine in my house.

Edited by hey_yo_

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Soon my Samsung RAM stick will explode too even though I have no idea how a RAM stick can explode. Yes Samsung makes RAM

Why everything from Samsung has to blow up

1058526_0_original.jpg

1 minute ago, dexxterlab97 said:

Soon my Samsung RAM stick will explode too even though I have no idea how a RAM stick can explode. Yes Samsung makes RAM

1058526_0_original.jpg

They should fire their entire Quality Control department!!!

Just now, hey_yo_ said:

Fire? Would that cause explosion too?

6 minutes ago, Jed M said:

Everything that I've owned from Samsung was always top-quality... I don't know where these issues are coming from.

Indeed. I think they hired the wrong people for quality control. I was thinking of buying Samsung M.2 NVMe solid state drive 256 GB. I mean, the Samsung phones I owned in the past are good (with the exception of TouchWiz). 

Again? This was an issue with a washer of theirs a few months ago (or is this the same washer that just made the news again)?

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

3 hours ago, hey_yo_ said:

Indeed. I think they hired the wrong people for quality control. I was thinking of buying Samsung M.2 NVMe solid state drive 256 GB. I mean, the Samsung phones I owned in the past are good (with the exception of TouchWiz). 

Samsung are still the king of SSD's at the moment and I highly doubt the same people designing the washingmachines are in the same building as someone who designs SSD's

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s

maybe their clothes were so stinky the machine fell apart

Details separate people.

4 hours ago, hey_yo_ said:

In production related to chemistry, QA is not always that straightforward, often there are latent issues dependent on material temperature, relative humidity and third party substance contact. There's also things like materials needing to "set" over time, sometimes after shipping. And let's not forget the people who QA individual part #1 might be 600 km away from the people who QA individual part #451.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

hahaha who uses top loading washing machines really i mean who has that much washing to do in one go!

I lurk a lot

31 minutes ago, peej said:

hahaha who uses top loading washing machines really i mean who has that much washing to do in one go!

Top loaded washing machines are usually thinner than front loading ones so people with limited space have no choice. 

Just now, Nizkus said:

Top loaded washing machines are usually thinner than front loading ones so people with limited space have no choice. 

fair enough there not very common in england most people here have a washing machine sized hole in the kitchen 

I lurk a lot

Samsungs new warranty branding.

fire-marine-insurance-fire-extinguisher-small-30294.jpg

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

1 hour ago, peej said:

I use a top loading washing machine.

Edited by Godlygamer23

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

5 hours ago, dexxterlab97 said:

Samsung also makes ships.

18055$1$samsung1.jpg

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

4 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

I use a top loading washing machine.

are you from the uk? im just daying there not very populare here in the uk most people go with a front loading machine 

I lurk a lot

1 minute ago, peej said:

are you from the uk? im just daying there not very populare here in the uk most people go with a front loading machine 

No. I am from the United States. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

1 hour ago, peej said:

fair enough there not very common in england most people here have a washing machine sized hole in the kitchen 

In kitchen? Why would you wash your clothes in the kitchen? 

1 hour ago, peej said:

A family of 4?

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Just now, patrickjp93 said:

A family of 4?

even when i was a kid and there was 5 people in the house (parents me brother and sister) we had front loading like i said many times already thats just what we do in the UK even so a front loading washing machine can handle about up to 15kg of washing at once 

I lurk a lot

32 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

No. I am from the United States. 

there we go then

I lurk a lot

14 minutes ago, peej said:

even when i was a kid and there was 5 people in the house (parents me brother and sister) we had front loading like i said many times already thats just what we do in the UK even so a front loading washing machine can handle about up to 15kg of washing at once 

Your from Birmingham so your experience doesn't provide a true representation of England :P

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)