AMD ZEN Chipset Specs

Ryujin2003

Guru 3D press release on new chips ets that will support AM4 socket.

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/amd-to-offer-x370b350-and-a320-socket-am4-chipsets.html

AMD looks like they are gearing up for full spectrum warfare against Intel. They seem to have listed specific targets of the different budget ranges, and seem to be trying to cater to specific budget groups.

http://www.pcgamesn.com/amd/amd-zen-am4-chipset

This article provides more insight as well. All AMD chips ets will support unlocked multipliers. No more black edition or other special marketing tactics to provide consumers with locked and unlocking capabilities. AMD also appears to make overclocking a mainstream activity, instead of having this as a reserved right for high end boards.

Again, like the usual, tons of speculation and nice to haves, but we will have to wait and see how it plays out. Hopefully AMD is serious. With all of the hypes and promises, I totally understand Linus's reservations on the topic of AMD'S future.

I think at this point everybody is either openly or secretly hoping AMD Zen is awesome.  

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

2 minutes ago, That Norwegian Guy said:

About time RE: overclocking on budgets again

Hah! You funny... AMD doesn't want to be the cheap brand anymore, 14nm is not a cheap node, 8-core dies will not have incredibly good yields, and AMD owes JP Morgan 600 million USD in raw cash in a couple years after just dropping money on a new HQ and sinking money into Polaris and Zen without yet breaking even for either one.

AMD either needs to soar or get out of the way and give RTG to Intel, everything CPU to Nvidia, and everything APU to both. 

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

I'm all new to this stuff, I read something about equal specifications of the RX 480 but only uses 95W of power, will it perform like the RX 480 in that regard especially in gaming? Vulkan, Dx 12?

I'm just confused.

Strike the shepherd and the sheep will scatter.

Just now, IAEInferno said:

I'm all new to this stuff, I read something about equal specifications of the RX 480 but only uses 95W of power, will it perform like the RX 480 in that regard especially in gaming? Vulkan, Dx 12?

I'm just confused.

That is the rumored spec of the Scorpio SOC (6TFlops) but that's going to be at least a 50W CPU and a 90W iGPU even with process tweaks and using Vega architecture with either Zen or Puma+. A more conservative and reasonable (disclosure: mine) bet would be a 200W SOC with 4 3.5GHz cores and a full Rx 480 with integrated HBM to keep down costs for the consoles. 

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

2 hours ago, patrickjp93 said:

That is the rumored spec of the Scorpio SOC (6TFlops) but that's going to be at least a 50W CPU and a 90W iGPU even with process tweaks and using Vega architecture with either Zen or Puma+. A more conservative and reasonable (disclosure: mine) bet would be a 200W SOC with 4 3.5GHz cores and a full Rx 480 with integrated HBM to keep down costs for the consoles. 

Wait.. Consoles with RX 480 performance?

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Just now, patrickjp93 said:

I understood half of what you said, thanks for the explanation though!

Strike the shepherd and the sheep will scatter.

nice . If this is true it'll be bck to the athlon xp days !

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

2 hours ago, SuperShires said:

Sounds like SFF is a big thing for AMD and Zen, I cant wait!

Advanced-MICRO-Devices :P

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

YES!!! Don't have to pay to Intel for overclocking. Please Zen, be great and slap Intel a good one. I still a bit worried with the RAM speed though. It looks like they are going to limits it to 2400. 

High end chipset is definitely main appeal, ow and nice as far as OC support they're going.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Just now, Doobeedoo said:

High end chipset is definitely main appeal, ow and nice as far as OC support they're going.

Im interested in that high end X300, top spec mini ITX? yes please.

52 minutes ago, CostcoSamples said:

I think at this point everybody is either openly or secretly hoping AMD Zen is awesome.  

Anyone who likes lower prices should support Zen and hope it's successful. Competition = lower prices.

i5-6600k (4.6) | Dark Rock 3 | MSI GAMING X 1060 6GB | 8GB DDR4 | 120GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Crystal 460x

| Acer GN246HL 1080p 24" 144hz & Acer G246HL 1080p 24" 60hz |

PSU Tier List | PC Partpickers: US Canada Australia UK

5 minutes ago, Sreno1 said:

Anyone who likes lower prices should support Zen and hope it's successful. Competition = lower prices.

I wonder though...  If Zen sucks, should AMD really still be in the CPU business?  There are other players in the processor market that could easily expand to desktop and laptop CPUs.  Samsung has already shown interest in purchasing AMD.  It's not like there would be a monopoly if AMD went under.  Somebody else would enter the market very quickly.

I sincerely hope Zen is everything we want it to be.  If it's awesome I'll probably buy it.  But if it sucks, I'm not going to cry for AMD.

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

Wasn't that chipset news leaked weeks ago? Anyways, can't wait so see X based ITX motherboards.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Just now, Notional said:

Wasn't that chipset news leaked weeks ago? Anyways, can't wait so see X based ITX motherboards.

The am4 non zen ones were, but not the top zen ones.

Also same.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

56 minutes ago, patrickjp93 said:

200 watts, damn how is that any better than an i5 and a 1060? Seems quite stupid. I think best you can get out of an APU will be 460 or slightly worst.

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 minute ago, CostcoSamples said:

I wonder though...  If Zen sucks, should AMD really still be in the CPU business?  There are other players in the processor market that could easily expand to desktop and laptop CPUs.  Samsung has already shown interest in purchasing AMD.  It's not like there would be a monopoly if AMD went under.  Somebody else would enter the market very quickly.

I sincerely hope Zen is everything we want it to be.  If it's awesome I'll probably buy it.  But if it sucks, I'm not going to cry for AMD.

Blackberry still sells phones, so that is a hard question to answer. They might benefit for the leadership of answer other corporation, but I answer bothersome agree, someone else will step up. I think it's mainly Intel and AMD for mainstream consumer PC CPU's; however, I think that will drastically change when we end the silicon Era in favor of more efficient materials.

I do have faith in AMD. They knew their previous generation didn't perform answernotherlsogs expected, so I don't blame them for not wasting time or money on recreating those CPUs. I do think Intel and even NVIDIA are a little nervous.

Even during the WAN show, Linus commented on the unprecedented GPU andndlonelways VR news drops. It seems like they are tying to pull a Trump card on AMD. Everytime AMD talks about what it's planning on bringing, Intel or NVIDIA seem to counter with TITAN XX-XP 1080 ExtremUltimateEditions or drop hints of a 10nm future generations.

If AMD does well with the future CPU, APU, and GPUs, then there will finally be some competition. If not, they've shot themselves in the other foot, (because excavator  was the first foot).

I'm also seeing a bunch of gossip regarding Apples interest in Zen APU. http://techfrag.com/2016/09/27/amd-zen-soc-opted-upcoming-apple-macbook-pro/

More rumors, but I wonder what would happen to the market if Apple did make a shift. That would be huge. But I don't think Apple would change unless they had evidence, such as a production sample, to test. Apple would probably require some hardcore evidence, not engineering samples dipped in a bucket of purified unicorn tears and fanboy prayers.

2 hours ago, YongKang said:

YES!!! Don't have to pay to Intel for overclocking. Please Zen, be great and slap Intel a good one. I still a bit worried with the RAM speed though. It looks like they are going to limits it to 2400. 

Z170 only supports 2400- any higher any you have to enable XMP- before XMP you had to manually adjust your ram to a faster speed(like x58 will default to 1066mhz and I have to manually up it to 1600).

16 minutes ago, relaxative said:

Z170 only supports 2400- any higher any you have to enable XMP- before XMP you had to manually adjust your ram to a faster speed(like x58 will default to 1066mhz and I have to manually up it to 1600).

Zen supports XMP or not? I haven't seen a guide which teach people to manually oc their Ram.

2 hours ago, CostcoSamples said:

I mean right now AMD CPU's are basically a non-competitor to Intel.

i5-6600k (4.6) | Dark Rock 3 | MSI GAMING X 1060 6GB | 8GB DDR4 | 120GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Crystal 460x

| Acer GN246HL 1080p 24" 144hz & Acer G246HL 1080p 24" 60hz |

PSU Tier List | PC Partpickers: US Canada Australia UK