Video Card airport Hand-carry baggage

Focux

Why would they confiscate it? It'll go though the xray machine and they might swab it. Its probably best to have it in checked luggage.

Intel 3570k @ 4.4 GHz |Asus Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW |Kingston HyperX Beast 16 Gb DDR3 1866 (2x8Gb)

|Samsung 840 250 GB |Western Digital Green 2TB 2x |Cooler Master 850w 80+ Gold |Custom Water Cooling Loop |Noctua NF-F12 4x
|Noctua NF-A14 3x |Corsair Carbide 500R (White) |Corsair K95 |Razer Mamba |Razer Megalodon |Samsung SyncMaster T220 2x Computer Bucket List   Greatest Thread Ever   WAN Show Drinking Game  GPU Buyers Guide

they'll probably be convinced its a weapon and take it off you. put it in your checked luggage.

Can I keep my video card in my hand carry luggage? I'll be at LAX International Airport..just very concerned they confiscate my 770 Classified&Backplate!!!

They gonna shoot you on sight...

Seriously - consfiscate a pc part for putting in your luggage? What they gonna take it as? C4?

We know that most people at airport security are school/college washouts, but lets be serious...

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

As long as you don´t take it out and sreams "I AM GONNA FRAG YOU ALL!" you should be fine but just for safety put it in your checked luggage ;)

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

They gonna shoot you on sight...

Seriously - consfiscate a pc part for putting in your luggage? What they gonna take it as? C4?

We know that most people at airport security are school/college washouts, but lets be serious...

C4 LOL.

"OMG! It's a Classified! Quick! Grab it off him!"

As long as you don´t take it out and sreams "I AM GONNA FRAG YOU ALL!" you should be fine but just for safety put it in your checked luggage ;)

Hehe, I've packed my backplate into my check-in and left my 770 in my handcarry. I found this so I feel quite safe lol

http://apps.tsa.dhs.gov/mytsa/cib_results.aspx?search=computer%20parts

Edit: I wrapped the EVGA box in a MicroCentre baggy. Hope it's legit enough I'm an enthusiast and not a terrorist lulz

terrorist

TechTerrorist from Linus Terrorist Team. You gonna take away their HP while screaming "boom headshot".

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

TechTerrorist from Linus Terrorist Team. You gonna take away their HP while screaming "boom headshot".

•_• that's like me saying to the officers,"Hi-Jack, check out my new toy".

Holy shiiiiitt he's gonna hijack the plane with his new toy!

I just hope it goes fine. Gonna miss this great nation..lol

Put it in your checked luggage. The only problem you will have are import taxes but having your luggage checked when you arrive is very rare, at least it is in Denmark, so you probably don't even have to worry about it.

Put it in your checked luggage. The only problem you will have are import taxes but having your luggage checked when you arrive is very rare, at least it is in Denmark, so you probably don't even have to worry about it.

I'm going back to Singapore =]

I'm going back to Singapore =]

Still. Of course it may be different from country to country, but from the US of A to boring and grey Denmark there usually isn't any problems.

• 1 year later...

I know this is old but what happened OP. Cause maybe Hong Kong and Singapore rules are the same.