FPV for quadcopter

werto165

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

I've also been wondering what hardware is need for FPV.  I'd like to try it out on my son's RC truck.  The pieces you linked seem pretty reasonably priced.

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

Check out my guide, I have some info on fpv gear. You probably want to go with a 200mw transmitter, but those often require a ham license to be legal, but no one really cares.

Don't go over 650tvl on your camera, or you'll get some latency. I recommend the hs1177 or a run cam swift. You should also consider a frame other than the versa copter as that doesn't protect the fpv cam. An Impulse rc alien would be good or my personal favorite the Armattan F1-5.

An OSD isn't necessary if you have telemetry in your radio or a battery alarm. 

For goggles, my friend has the Eachine vr007 or whatever they're called. Just make sure you have matching antenne with the right connectors (sma vs rp-sma) but I prefer my cheap fat shark goggles. 

ASU

48 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

Check out my guide, I have some info on fpv gear. You probably want to go with a 200mw transmitter, but those often require a ham license to be legal, but no one really cares.

Don't go over 650tvl on your camera, or you'll get some latency. I recommend the hs1177 or a run cam swift. You should also consider a frame other than the versa copter as that doesn't protect the fpv cam. An Impulse rc alien would be good or my personal favorite the Armattan F1-5.

An OSD isn't necessary if you have telemetry in your radio or a battery alarm. 

For goggles, my friend has the Eachine vr007 or whatever they're called. Just make sure you have matching antenne with the right connectors (sma vs rp-sma) but I prefer my cheap fat shark goggles. 

I live fairly near an airport I don't think something of that power would be advisable would it? How would you go about making a 1000TVL work with little latency? would you just need a higher power transmitter? 25mw is the only legal one, I don't know whether it would be worth the risk. My frame is this: 

img_pic2_1_2.jpg

so it's somewhat protected. I have an alarm so I probably won't bother with that OSD. Looking at that hs1177 it mentions:  We suggest you do NOT power the camera directly from the PDB as voltage spikes from the lipo can damage the sensor. It is far better to use the 5v that comes out of the video transmitter, and power the VTX from a regulated supply.  would that consist of another lipo to power it then?

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

2 hours ago, werto165 said:

Snip 

If you're close to an airport, flying is usually the issue, not transmitting. When you're using fpv goggles, 650tvl is fine, it's plenty of resolution. 

Oh that frame is fine, I thought you had a versacopter xD

the hs1177 can take like 5-22v, but it's good to have a regulated power supply to keep the video clean. The VTX powers the camera, if you get a quality one. 

ASU

4 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

If you're close to an airport, flying is usually the issue, not transmitting. When you're using fpv goggles, 650tvl is fine, it's plenty of resolution. 

Oh that frame is fine, I thought you had a versacopter xD

the hs1177 can take like 5-22v, but it's good to have a regulated power supply to keep the video clean. The VTX powers the camera, if you get a quality one. 

sorry if this is a retarded question but it VTX video TX, as in TX and RX? 

• 3 weeks later...

The hs1177 can take like 5-22v, but it's good to have a regulated power supply to keep the video clean. The VTX powers the camera, if you get a quality one. Hubsan X4 I want to buy Quadcopter with FPV Camera Toy features a lightweight airframe... Choosing the best mini quadcopter can be a difficult task! I helped in this article jonsguide.org. GOD LUCK!!! :|:|