Covering ugly motherboard

Clanscorpia
Go to solution Solved by W-L,
1 minute ago, Clanscorpia said:

So my motherboard has a black PCB but all the wiring in it is brown on top, so I was wondering if I could cover it with plastidip. I was also thinking about 3d printing but thats expensive but would it work? Thanks!

Plasti-dip would work but you will want to mask off all the connectors and make cut lines before removing the masking to ensure ti doesn't pull up surrounding plasti-dip. If you could model something 3D printing or making a cover with acrylic can work.

-Moved to Modding Section- 

So my motherboard has a black PCB but all the wiring in it is brown on top, so I was wondering if I could cover it with plastidip. I was also thinking about 3d printing but thats expensive but would it work? Thanks!

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

1 minute ago, Clanscorpia said:

Plasti-dip would work but you will want to mask off all the connectors and make cut lines before removing the masking to ensure ti doesn't pull up surrounding plasti-dip. If you could model something 3D printing or making a cover with acrylic can work.

Just now, W-L said:

Ooo acrlyic, I think Ill go with some black acrylic and paint some stuff on it. thanks W-L!

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

3D printing as a starting template seems like the best idea to me, since you can plastidip or cover it however you like from there (maybe a nice carbon fiber wrap?)

1 minute ago, cdsboy2000 said:

3D printing as a starting template seems like the best idea to me, since you can plastidip or cover it however you like from there (maybe a nice carbon fiber wrap?)

if you were to 3d  print i would go with the higher temp plastic (cant remember which one is the higher temp i think its abs)

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/