Best Gaming Headset Under $80

iAmHaydenn

Hey guys .  I am currently am looking at a gaming headset after previously asking what GPU and PSU I should get.  I was thinking.  What is the best gaming headset for around/under $80?  I was thinking of the Razer Kraken Mobile (Neon Edition) but what do you think is the best gaming headset for around/under $80?

any of The hyper x cloud series

I'm just a random teenager from New Jersey. Why would you listen to me?

the audio technica ath-m40x's

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

I might get the HyperX Cloud headphones.  The funny thing is where I live, a replacement beats cable ($40) is almost the same price as the original Clouds ($58)

Also, should I get the Original HyperX Clouds, HyperX Cloud Core or HyperX Cloud Pro?  They are all around the same price and I don't know which one to get!!!!

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

5 hours ago, iAmHaydenn said:

Also, should I get the Original HyperX Clouds, HyperX Cloud Core or HyperX Cloud Pro?  They are all around the same price and I don't know which one to get!!!!

they all sound the same, but there are some material differences between them, just don't get the cloud 2, they come with a shitty sound card and a really short jack cable.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

On September 18, 2016 at 11:23 PM, Dackzy said:

they all sound the same, but there are some material differences between them, just don't get the cloud 2, they come with a shitty sound card and a really short jack cable.

I might get the cloud pros.

If you can, try to get your hands on a Creative SoundBlasterX H5. It's about $100 though, but as reviews go, it's a no frills stereo headset with really good audio quality. Personally I'd avoid all these multichannel headsets. They don't add any value to a good stereo headset, so don't pay for it. LTT has a great video describing this:

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X | MoBo MSI B550 Gaming Plus | RAM 32GB Teamgroup @3600/18 | GPU EVGA RTX 3070 Ti FTW | Case Enthoo Pro M SE
PSU bq! Straight Power 11 Plat. 750W CM | Cooling Scythe Fuma 2 & 5x Corsair ML140 | Sound SB Z Retail | Storage Samsung 970 EVO 500GB
Display(s) Iiyama GB3461WQSU, Dell 24", LG 34UM95 | Keyboard Kinesis Freestyle Edge | Mouse Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum | OS Windows 11

9 hours ago, Questargon said:

If you can, try to get your hands on a Creative SoundBlasterX H5. It's about $100 though, but as reviews go, it's a no frills stereo headset with really good audio quality. Personally I'd avoid all these multichannel headsets. They don't add any value to a good stereo headset, so don't pay for it. LTT has a great video describing this:

I really don't care what headphones I get as long as they are red and black to match my color sheme.  And plus, I've already decided on the cloud pros.