What Will happen if i buy an i7 6700k But from US amazon

Bawan

What Will happen if i buy 17 6700k from us amazon because It's so cheap i live in UK

The money you saved might go into import duties and what not when it arrives to UK shores. But in terms of the product itself, it should be identical to one you by in the UK.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

If you buy a 6700k, you will have a 6700k.

Moved to CPUs, Motherboards, and Memory.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

It might just take longer to get to your house, but other than that its the same.

7 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

The money you saved might go into import duties and what not when it arrives to UK shores. But in terms of the product itself, it should be identical to one you by in the UK.

So i should buy the one from us amazon 

6 minutes ago, Dayen said:

It might just take longer to get to your house, but other than that its the same.

So i should buy the one from us store 

Just now, Bawan said:

I don't know how the UK handles duties and taxes on items imported into the country. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

It might cost more or less, but it really is up to you if one is out of stock

2 minutes ago, Bawan said:

You'll end up paying for taxes and import taxes which costs a lot. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

2 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

I don't know how the UK handles duties and taxes on items imported into the country. 

I Will check 

Remember to add in shipping, import tax and credit card currency conversion (so many Cs...).

You'll realize it's not actually cheaper.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Just now, Abdul201588 said:

You'll end up paying for taxes and import taxes which costs a lot. 

Thanks for telling Good to know

1 minute ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

I've had two scenarios depending on the courier. 1st time I didn't pay anything at first, but then got a letter from HMRC saying I owed them £80 import duty. 

2nd time the courier paid the taxes, but wouldn't release the parcel to me until I had paid them. 

Convert the $$ to £ (including shipping) and then add 20%. If it is still cheaper, by enough of a margin compared to the hassle, get it from the US.

Just now, daniielrp said:

I've had two scenarios depending on the courier. 1st time I didn't pay anything at first, but then got a letter from HMRC saying I owed them £80 import duty. 

2nd time the courier paid the taxes, but wouldn't release the parcel to me until I had paid them. 

Convert the $$ to £ (including shipping) and then add 20%. If it is still cheaper, by enough of a margin compared to the hassle, get it from the US.

He'll have to pay import tax...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

The reason it is more expensive in the UK to begin with is because of the import duties, taxes, tarifs, etc.  There is probably no way for you to avoid it, unless you know somebody who could pick one up in the US and fly it to the UK for you and not declare it at customs.

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

Just now, Abdul201588 said:

He'll have to pay import tax...

Yep. Like I said. Either the courier will pay it and then charge him, or he'll have to pay separately.