*help* What to do if neighbors dog is inside their car?

Tocsin_786

I just went to take out the trash and I heard my neighbors dog bark at me. First I thought he is in the side yard (my trash cans are on the same side). So i went about and took out the trash to the front yard, but then the lights lit up and I saw the dog in their car. Its like 65F at night so its not like he will die, and the car he is in has the windows cracked and is usually in and out most of the time late at night (i think its the neighbors boyfriend or family member). Since I wake up at the crack of dawn when it is still fairly chill outside in NY, should I see if they have taken the dog out? or should I go to their house and ask them about it. Its 10:30PM and the entire house is dark so i'm guessing no one is home. It is a very well trained and up kept dog and this is the first time I've seen this happen. I wanna wait and see till the early morning since I wake up at 5:30. If it is still there then I'm gonna call animal control but if not then it will save me some trouble. what should I do in your opinion though? 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

in california, you can do whatever you need to to rescue a dog out of a hot car, including breaking windows. but since it's not hot, i'd go up to the neighbors and tell them so. the reason its dark is that they're probably just sleeping.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

You were meant to take a photo of the situation and report them for animal cruelty.

Linus is my fetish.

10 minutes ago, Bhav said:

You were meant to take a photo of the situation and report them for animal cruelty.

I dont think thats a good idea... they are very nice people. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

8 minutes ago, Tocsin_786 said:

I dont think thats a good idea... they are very nice people. 

Hitler was a nice person too.

Being a nice person isnt a free excuse to being negligent of your pets.

Linus is my fetish.

You should definitely knock on the door, window, bang on the wall to get their attention. If I was dumb enough to be in that situation I'd appreciate a neighbor going such lengths to get my attention. Obviously, try not to wreck anything. If it comes down to it, try opening the car door. I'm not sure that if you try enough times the alarm might go off? Just don't destroy their property lol.

7 minutes ago, Bhav said:

Hitler was a nice person too.

Being a nice person isnt a free excuse to being negligent of your pets.

You're comparing a nice middle class family who i am friends with to a fuckin nut job who killed millions of people...  

1 minute ago, Tocsin_786 said:

You're comparing a nice middle class family who i am friends with to a fuckin nut job who killed millions of people...  

Well they could kill their dog. So what do you care about more, the welfare of the dog, or that the 'nice people' get to carry on neglecting their dog?

Youre making the excuse that just because people are nice, they are allowed to abuse animals.

Linus is my fetish.

2 minutes ago, Bhav said:

Well they could kill their dog. So what do you care about more, the welfare of the dog, or that the 'nice people' get to carry on neglecting their dog?

Youre making the excuse that just because people are nice, they are allowed to abuse animals.

You're right. I'm going to go knock in a few minutes. 

1 hour ago, Tocsin_786 said:

You're right. I'm going to go knock in a few minutes. 

How'd it go? 

2 hours ago, GBELILREESE said:

How'd it go? 

now hes locked in the car too

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

8 hours ago, ShadowCaptain said:

now hes locked in the car too

11 hours ago, GBELILREESE said:

How'd it go? 

As soon as I walked out my house, my neighbor was getting back into the car with the dog. So everything went fine and dandy, and no I did not get stuck in the car :P. I love their dog so i wouldn't mind if i did. 

I made signs for my car to keep busy bodies like you from smashing my windows.  I have an electric car and leave the HVAC on for my doggles.

It's none of your business what they do with their dog.

8 minutes ago, NavyCuda said:

I made signs for my car to keep busy bodies like you from smashing my windows.  I have an electric car and leave the HVAC on for my doggles.

So if someone was next to you stabbing a dog u wouldnt care. If he likes the pet he can do what he wants to make sure it is safe, within reason.

8 minutes ago, NavyCuda said:

well I wasnt going to break a window or anything... I wasn't even overreacting like the dramatized shit they show in the news. I just acknowledged the dog in the car and was contemplating whether or not to say something. I had a good feeling that the neighbor was going to go somewhere late at night which they did. I'm not the type to break a window or something and obviously a car is running if you can hear the AC going on, it's not like it is a silent car. 

9 minutes ago, weeblecombinedyoutube said:

So if someone was next to you stabbing a dog u wouldnt care. If he likes the pet he can do what he wants to make sure it is safe, within reason.

There is a difference between not caring and respecting other people's property.  Yes, animals are property.  I love my dogs, but I am completely responsible for their actions, making them my property.

If I saw someone stabbing their dog I would consider intervening and alert the authorities.  A dog in the car has too many possible variables to allow me to come to any judgment as to the health and well being of the animal.  So your emotionally charged hypothetical situation is not comparable.

You call 911 or whatever your emergency number is in your country.

If the dog is hurting, break the window.

Just now, NavyCuda said:

There is a difference between not caring and respecting other people's property.  Yes, animals are property.  I love my dogs, but I am completely responsible for their actions, making them my property.

If I saw someone stabbing their dog I would consider intervening and alert the authorities.  A dog in the car has too many possible variables to allow me to come to any judgment as to the health and well being of the animal.  So your emotionally charged hypothetical situation is not comparable.

you said "its none of your business what they do with thier dog." So they could do anything and "its not your business"

11 minutes ago, weeblecombinedyoutube said:

you said "its none of your business what they do with thier dog." So they could do anything and "its not your business"

That's a flawed argument.  Good citizens are vigilant(not vigilantes), stabbing an animal is obvious animal abuse and is illegal in all North American jurisdictions.  Leaving a dog in a car is not illegal.  Massive difference between the two. 

If they are at home just knock and explain your concerns, even if they didn't care now that you told them you noticed they will probably go and take him out.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

2 hours ago, Tocsin_786 said:

As soon as I walked out my house, my neighbor was getting back into the car with the dog. So everything went fine and dandy, and no I did not get stuck in the car :P. I love their dog so i wouldn't mind if i did. 

i was kind of implying you were dead

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Animal Cruelty is a crime. Leaving a dog in a car on a hot day is neglect.

How the prosecution views it is different. They only care about convictions to get a name for themselves anyway so. So its hard to proove, forgetfulness or willingly hurt.

16 hours ago, Bhav said:

Dog is delicious.

Not trying to be flippant but in the end they are food. Either to a hungry person or worms.

You on the other hand want to report people to the authorities who will do thier best to bring punishment and pain to a couple nice people.

you really need to realize that if you did it to me or people like me you wouldn't be living next door for long.

Or you know, if the dog isn't dying you could just like, mind your own business. How do you know that they didn't just put the dog in the car to take it somewhere and then run inside to use the restroom or something? When did animal rights become more important than humans freedoms or property rights anyway?

There is a massive difference between leaving a dog in a car for an hour, and harboring animals for the strict intent of harming them. One is fine, the other is not.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME