*help* What to do if neighbors dog is inside their car?

Tocsin_786
2 minutes ago, straight_stewie said:

Or you know, if the dog isn't dying you could just like, mind your own business. How do you know that they didn't just put the dog in the car to take it somewhere and then run inside to use the restroom or something? When did animal rights become more important than humans freedoms or property rights anyway?

There is a massive difference between leaving a dog in a car for an hour, and harboring animals for the strict intent of harming them. One is fine, the other is not.

Right on.

7 hours ago, maulemall said:

Dog is delicious.

Not trying to be flippant but in the end they are food. Either to a hungry person or worms.

You on the other hand want to report people to the authorities who will do thier best to bring punishment and pain to a couple nice people.

you really need to realize that if you did it to me or people like me you wouldn't be living next door for long.

Humans are worse than dogs. And is the last line of your post a threat? What exactly would you do about it, kill your neighbour?

Also you are aware that the authorities can be contacted annonymously, you wouldnt be able to find out who made the call.

Linus is my fetish.

7 hours ago, straight_stewie said:

Or you know, if the dog isn't dying you could just like, mind your own business. How do you know that they didn't just put the dog in the car to take it somewhere and then run inside to use the restroom or something? When did animal rights become more important than humans freedoms or property rights anyway?

There is a massive difference between leaving a dog in a car for an hour, and harboring animals for the strict intent of harming them. One is fine, the other is not.

Since when are humans more important than other animals?

Linus is my fetish.

45 minutes ago, Bhav said:

When Humankind gained intelligence, our lives and needs became (within reason) more important than the lives and needs of other, non intelligent, creatures.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

48 minutes ago, Bhav said:

For way more then 200 years.

1 hour ago, Canada EH said:

For way more then 200 years.

1 hour ago, straight_stewie said:

When Humankind gained intelligence, our lives and needs became (within reason) more important than the lives and needs of other, non intelligent, creatures.

Well yes, but I meant from an ethical / moral viewpoint.

And dogs are arguably intelligent animals, as was Harrambe. And many humans are less intelligent than other animals.

Also in terms of most law - Humans do not have the rights to freely abuse animals, despite their perceived superiority.

Linus is my fetish.

Humans do not have the rights to freely abuse animals

Humans do whatever they want. Its a matter of getting caught and paying for your actions.

Rights behind closed doors means diddly squat.

17 hours ago, NavyCuda said:

I made signs for my car to keep busy bodies like you from smashing my windows.  I have an electric car and leave the HVAC on for my doggles.

It's none of your business what they do with their dog.

This is kind of an issue.

Someone smashed the windows of a car that had it's engine running.

Apperantly it had a/c turned on and it was nice and chill inside the car.

The woman was delivering a package and left her dog in the car in a hot 32 degrees summer day.

I think that it's common sense that if the engine is running, it's a very clear sign the dog is probably fine.

Otherwise, just feel the windows.

If a/c is turned on, the windows will feel cold as well.

Other thing, if the engine is running that means the key is inside the car, which means the doors are unlocked, otherwise the driver can't get back in.

Yet he smashed a window.

I can believe some of you people come on, it's night and the dog has ventilation: it will be fucking fine. Definitively crack their fucking window come next morning if it's still there but there's no reason to go berserker nothing will happen. Worst thing is the dog will shit on their car and eat their fucking sits.

-------

Current Rig

-------

8 hours ago, Bhav said:

Since we're not indoctrinated animal rights supporters and realize through common fucking empathy, that a human life is infinitively more valuable.

-------

Current Rig

-------

19 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Since we're not indoctrinated animal rights supporters and realize through common fucking empathy, that a human life is infinitively more valuable.

But no human lives are at risk by noticing or reporting a potential threat to an animals welfare.

Obviously in this case, as the owner soon left his house and got in the car, it wouldnt have needed reporting. But if a dog is left in a car, and as you mentioned if it was still there in the morning, then that is a hazzard to the animal.

Also cracked windows are not sufficient ventilation for a dog left in a car, the windows need to be rolled at least half way down. Even if the temperarure is suitable for humans, dogs will still overheat left in a car with only cracked windows as their fur incubates them too much.

Linus is my fetish.

7 hours ago, Bhav said:

Well yes, but I meant from an ethical / moral viewpoint.

And dogs are arguably intelligent animals, as was Harrambe. And many humans are less intelligent than other animals.

Also in terms of most law - Humans do not have the rights to freely abuse animals, despite their perceived superiority.

Hence why I said "within reason". But It's irrelevant. Take this scenario: You, your friend, and your dog are out fishing in your boat. Neither your friend nor your dog can swim. Neither have life jackets. All of a sudden, both your friend and your dog fall in. You can only save one, which one do you save?

And no, they don't exhibit true intelligence, no matter how much we anthropomorphize them.

2 minutes ago, straight_stewie said:

Hence why I said "within reason". But It's irrelevant. Take this scenario: You, your friend, and your dog are out fishing in your boat. Neither your friend nor your dog can swim. Neither have life jackets. All of a sudden, both your friend and your dog fall in. You can only save one, which one do you save?

Erm, all dogs can naturally swim.

BUT in the case that mine couldnt, I would have to save the dog.

Also because humans that cant swim shouldnt be dumb enough to venture out in a fishing boat without a life jacket.

Linus is my fetish.

5 minutes ago, Bhav said:

Over your human friend, are you being sarcastic? 
I find it hard to believe that anyone would actually allow another human to die (especially one that they're friends with) just to save an easily replaceable animal.... 

I would let that dog drown so quick, there wouldn't even be a thought about saving it until my friend and I are safe...

Even if it's someone I'm not really friends with, or someone I dislike, I would still save them first before the dog.

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

8 minutes ago, Bhav said:

Erm, all dogs can naturally swim.

Also because humans that cant swim shouldnt be dumb enough to venture out in a fishing boat without a life jacket.

Why are dogs more important to you than humans? Do you know why modern dog breeds exist? Do you know why modern breeds of anything exist?

And no, they can't all naturally swim. In fact, most breeds of dogs must be taught how to swim. I have seen plenty of adult Labs that were too afraid of water to be able to take a bath, much less swim.

9 minutes ago, o0Martin said:

Over your human friend, are you being sarcastic? 
I find it hard to believe that anyone would actually allow another human to die (especially one that they're friends with) just to save an easily replaceable animal.... 

I would let that dog drown so quick, there wouldn't even be a thought about saving it until my friend and I are safe...

Even if it's someone I'm not really friends with, or someone I dislike, I would still save them first before the dog.

Well obviously then you shouldnt ever own a pet. Humans are more easily replaceable tbh, theres far many more of them.

7 minutes ago, straight_stewie said:

Why are dogs more important to you than humans? Do you know why modern dog breeds exist? Do you know why modern breeds of anything exist?

And no, they can't all naturally swim. In fact, most breeds of dogs must be taught how to swim. I have seen plenty of adult Labs that were too afraid of water to be able to take a bath, much less swim.

I didnt say, through your hypothetical scenario, that all dogs are more important than humans. You asked if it was my dog. Im not sure if either of you are aware that people develop emotional bonds with their pets. Also pet dogs are far more loyal than any human.

I dont see why I would want to save people when too many of them do stupid shit like this:

Also with the Earth being as overpopulated as it is, people really dont need saving.

Linus is my fetish.

10 hours ago, Bhav said:

Humans are worse than dogs. And is the last line of your post a threat? What exactly would you do about it, kill your neighbour?

Also you are aware that the authorities can be contacted annonymously, you wouldnt be able to find out who made the call.

people like me don't threaten . Things just happen. xD

but to people like you I can see where it may be construed as a threat.xD

Edited by wkdpaul
edited, language

33 minutes ago, Bhav said:

Well obviously then you shouldnt ever own a pet. Humans are more easily replaceable tbh, theres far many more of them.

I didnt say, through your hypothetical scenario, that all dogs are more important than humans. You asked if it was my dog. Im not sure if either of you are aware that people develop emotional bonds with their pets. Also pet dogs are far more loyal than any human.

I dont see why I would want to save people when too many of them do stupid shit like this:

Also with the Earth being as overpopulated as it is, people really dont need saving.

lets all go down to the farm and free the little chickens and cows and sing kombaia and act like we're hero's and tough and stuff. Well meet up at McDonalds after for ....oh shitxD

Just now, maulemall said:

lets all go down to the farm and free the little chickens and cows and sing kombaia and act like we're hero's and tough and stuff. Well meet up at McDonalds after for ....oh shitxD

Chickens and cows raised as food animals are an entirely different thing to pets.

Linus is my fetish.

This thread outlived its usefulness and insults started being thrown.

I would like to remind you that the community standards also apply to the off-topic section.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !