290X vs Titan; First Benchmarks out of China

A Chinese website has made their first review and benchmark on the 290X. Titan is surpassing it in some Titles.

http://videocardz.com/46822/first-amd-radeon-r9-290x-1080p-performance-review-leaks

Battlefield 3

R9-290X-Preview-5.jpg

Far Cry 3

R9-290X-Preview-7.jpg

COD:BO2

R9-290X-Preview-6.jpg

After looking at the charts you will notice that the performance of R9 290X is set between GTX TITAN and GTX 780, although the drivers used in this comparison are not officially supported (BETA).

We will have to see until official drivers are released.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Yeaaaa this thread is pointless.  A Formula 1 race car beats a Honda civic on the racetrack...who knew right?

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

Yeaaaa this thread is pointless.  A Formula 1 race car beats a Honda civic on the racetrack...who knew right?

No, really?

And this isn't pointless.                                             

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Dont think thats BF3 and FC3, itl just be one or the other, you've posted two of the same chart.

3770K | GTX970 | 16GB DDR3 | Corsair RM750

So a considerably cheaper GPU isn't able to consistently beat a Titan's performance in every game?

3rnvk6.jpg

Intel 3770K @ 4.4GHz (Summer) - 4.6GHz (Winter) / Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe / EVGA GTX 680 /w Arctic Twin Turbo II / 16GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1866MHz / Samsung 840 Pro 128GB (Steam) / OCZ Vertex 4 128GB (Boot/Office/Steam) / Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2 (RAID 1, Storage) / Asus Xonar D2X / OCZ 1250W ZX / H80i /w 2 x Gentle Typhoons / Cooler Master HAF X /w Pioneer Blu Ray, Aerocool V12XT, 4 x Cooler Master MegaFlows (Red) / Logitech Z906, G930, G19 & G700

Dont think thats BF3 and FC3, itl just be one or the other, you've posted two of the same chart.

Whoops. Let me edit. Thanks for heads up.

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

So what you're saying is that AMD doesn't want to have a high end card to compete with NVIDIA's top of the line? In that case I'm a bit disappointed, especially because it'll probably be a while before we see something really good from NVIDIA again. :(

A Chinese website has made their first review and benchmark on the 290X. Titan is surpassing it in some Titles.

http://videocardz.com/46822/first-amd-radeon-r9-290x-1080p-performance-review-leaks

We will have to see until official drivers are released.

Let me ask you this,

10 fps less for [$250-$400] less and you are saying is not looking too good.? ...

So a considerably cheaper GPU isn't able to consistently beat a Titan's performance in every game?

3rnvk6.jpg

AMD stated it would be overall better than the Titan and in some cases it isn't. We will have to see as currently only beta drivers are being used.

all I see are 2 graphs that are the exact same for two different games, which tells me it isn't in fact real numbers

but even if it is.... 10fps difference.  that is nothing

now compare  $599 or $699 to  $1000    

that is a no brainer to me which to choose...

Old Rig | Cpu - Intel Q6600 @ 3.5Ghz | Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212+ | Mobo - Asus Rampage Extreme | Ram - 8GB OCZ Gold 1600mhz | Gpu - 2x Asus DK Radeon HD 4870 1GB (Crossfire) | Psu - Corsair TX750W | Case - Thermaltake Element G

New Rig | Cpu - Intel 4770K @ 4.5Ghz | Cooler - Swiftech H220 | Mobo - Asus Z87 Deluxe | Ram - 16GB Kinston Hyper X Beast @ 2400Mhz | Gpu - Sapphire R9 290X | Ssd - Kingston Hyper X Beast 3K 240GB | Psu - Corsair HX850W | Case - Fractal Design Define R4

AMD stated it would be overall better than the Titan and in some cases it isn't. We will have to see as currently only beta drivers are being used.

You are forgetting Mantle. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Let me ask you this,

10 fps less for [$250-$400] less and you are saying is not looking too good.? ...

I'm stating how AMD had stated that it would be faster than the Titan overall.

To address many. It says that it is using beta drivers so we will have to see the final benchmarks once the official ones are released. As of now there might be problems with it. It should be fixed. These are just one of the first benchmarks to be released by reviewers so I'd thought to inform. 

You are forgetting Mantle. 

Wasn't the card either way going to be more powerful even without Mantle? I really want to see the benchmarks with Mantle. Will be surprising.

94c? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
a new egg video is coming feauring the r9 290x :D LMFAO

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.

1: Overall != all the time.

2: How do we know how accurate these numbers are?

3: Yes, these are Beta drivers vs a very mature NVidia driver.

MAIN POINT: Overall perfomance isn't the only thing that affects competition (far from it). If I offered you the PC in my sig for £500, or one that was +10% faster but cost £10,000, which would you go for?

Intel 3770K @ 4.4GHz (Summer) - 4.6GHz (Winter) / Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe / EVGA GTX 680 /w Arctic Twin Turbo II / 16GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1866MHz / Samsung 840 Pro 128GB (Steam) / OCZ Vertex 4 128GB (Boot/Office/Steam) / Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2 (RAID 1, Storage) / Asus Xonar D2X / OCZ 1250W ZX / H80i /w 2 x Gentle Typhoons / Cooler Master HAF X /w Pioneer Blu Ray, Aerocool V12XT, 4 x Cooler Master MegaFlows (Red) / Logitech Z906, G930, G19 & G700

94c? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

a new egg video is coming feauring the r9 290x :D LMFAO

We don't need your biased opinion. This is reference cards which will always have bad temps.

Well you will have to take the following points into consideration:

• Mantle There are/will be low level API from Nvidia
  • Price You don't know the (street) prices of the 290x yet, neither do you know if Nvidia will drop their prices.
  • Beta Drivers ....

^^

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

To address many. It says that it is using beta drivers so we will have to see the final benchmarks once the official ones are released. As of now there might be problems with it. It should be fixed. These are just one of the first benchmarks to be released by reviewers so I'd thought to inform. 

Then say something like "First 290X benchmarks released today", not "competition not looking to good" -.-