LTT community. Help! I have a problem!

Deny_SL

So i installed 2 sticks of kingston low profile memory ddr2(im building cheap old pc to make a server on a game) with 512 mb one stick it boots up... when i put the kingston ones only fan spins and no signal on the monitor, no beep from the speaker, just does nothing! It only works with 1 stick of 512 mb i have another 2x 256 mb it does not want to work either! Help!

Sounds like either incompatible ram which does happen when you mix and match, or dead sticks/mobo slot. Try each stick individually in each slot to test this out. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

so you had 1 512mb stick and then put another 2 sticks of 256mb in it? RAM is REALLY picky, get identical sticks with the same clocks and speeds otherwise you can not be sure it will work

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I only have 2 slots i put 1 stick of 512 mb then it works i have another two stick of 256 mb idt doesnt want to work and the kingston ones

2 minutes ago, Deny_SL said:

I only have 2 slots i put 1 stick of 512 mb then it works i have another two stick of 256 mb idt doesnt want to work and the kingston ones

ok so this is what i get so far:

you have 1 512mb stick that works fine

you have 2 256mb sticks that dont work

you also have some Kingston RAM that dosent work, or are the 256mb sticks the kingston sticks?

i would guess they are incompatible with the motherboard or that one of the sticks are broken, could also be one of the RAM slots that is broken too

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

In the future try to summarize your question in the title instead of generally asking for help, it makes it easier for us to see if we can help you ;)

1 minute ago, Deny_SL said:

Did you try only one kingston stick in the same slot as the 512mb one?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Since they are completely different sticks from different kits then you are most likely running into compatibility issues, like timings/speeds of the sticks. They dont like to play well together unfortunately. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card