AMD 32core CPUs benchmarked!!

PCGuy_5960
Go to solution Solved by Sauron,
18 minutes ago, patrickjp93 said:

At least the results are valid between members of the same ISA. It's not like the lunacy comparison between ISAs when ARM gets vector optimizations and x86 doesn't.

Also, turns out that these are very old samples, pretty much from 1 year ago. You can tell from the stepping, we're supposed to be on A2 now but the benchmarks are on A0.

1 minute ago, patrickjp93 said:

No, those literally do not affect performance.

well then lets hope that sample can clock higher than 1.44 when it hits the shelves , because well , 64 cores and bearly reaching 4790k/6700k performance (in multi core gb v4)  is not that good 

but we will see , samples are taken w/ a grain of salt since they dont represent whatever we get in the end 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

Just now, Space Reptile said:

well then lets hope that sample can clock higher than 1.44 when it hits the shelves , because well , 64 cores and bearly reaching 4790k/6700k performance (in multi core gb v4)  is not that good 

but we will see , samples are taken w/ a grain of salt since they dont represent whatever we get in the end 

Geekbench is also not good at scaling to multiple threads, and Amdahl's law is still at play. I wouldn't draw any conclusions from this for that and all the previously mentioned reasons.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Just now, patrickjp93 said:

Geekbench is also not good at scaling to multiple threads, and Amdahl's law is still at play. I wouldn't draw any conclusions from this for that and all the previously mentioned reasons.

agreed , lets just hope it kicks ass and levels the playingfield when it comes to marketshare 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

Just now, Space Reptile said:

agreed , lets just hope it kicks ass and levels the playingfield when it comes to marketshare 

That hope is delusional I'm sorry to say.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

24 minutes ago, patrickjp93 said:

Can I hit you with a bat?

DRIVERS?! IT'S A CPU BENCHMARK! CPUS DO NOT NEED NOR GET DRIVERS!

Also, it's at 1.44GHz on an engineering sample with A0 stepping. God people, just, just READ! That's all I'm asking of you...

It does require proper scheduler support in the OS though. Especially in Linux, we've seen what proper AMD A/CPU support can do to performance.

6 minutes ago, patrickjp93 said:

That hope is delusional I'm sorry to say.

Remember it is very easy to accomplish, even with having an IPC ~10% slower than Intel. Nothing a lower price/more cores/higher clock cannot deal with. 

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

1 minute ago, Notional said:

Remember it is very easy to accomplish, even with having an IPC ~10% slower than Intel. Nothing a lower price/more cores/higher clock cannot deal with. 

Or less artificial market segmentation (locked, unlocked, Z, H, etc)

5 hours ago, MarcoTexture said:

impressive for 1.4 ghz. But but butttttt why did they benchmark it at that frequency? I mean what's the point?

Easy, this most likely a low voltage, low TDP server chip.

5 hours ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Idk.... If one core can get roughly 1000pts in Geekbench then 32 cores shouldn't be above the 20.000pt mark?

Turbo?

8 minutes ago, normpearii said:

Easy, this most likely a low voltage, low TDP server chip.

Turbo?

These opterons don't have turbo as far as I know....

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

4 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

These opterons don't have turbo as far as I know....

We don't know one way or the other. Considering that AMD's GPU's have "Turbo" boosting technology now, I assume that they will roll out the features to their Zen CPU's too.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

2 hours ago, rcarlos243 said:

I made another test.

This time with Hyperthreading disabled and Uncore Frequency at 1.4Ghz

Based on these results, it would take approximately 18 Intel Cores to achieve the same multicore score as the 64 on these CPUs...

(running at 1.4GHz....)

I do hope that they improve their CPUs so that they can compete with Intel...

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

We don't know one way or the other. Considering that AMD's GPU's have "Turbo" boosting technology now, I assume that they will roll out the features to their Zen CPU's too.

Maybe you are right...

3 hours ago, The Benjamins said:

For reference.

My D-1541 scored 2918 / 14504 (all stock 2.1Ghz / 2.7Ghz)

https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/182531

4 Win 10 VM idling 

33 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Based on these results, it would take approximately 18 Intel Cores to achieve the same multicore score as the 64 on these CPUs...

(running at 1.4GHz....)

I do hope that they improve their CPUs so that they can compete with Intel...

this is my score on a D-1541, and it close to the leaked score.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Could someone tell me If geekbench actually represents the speeds between different architecures correctly now such as ARM vs x86. IIRC it was biased towards ARM in Geekbench 3

13 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

this is my score on a D-1541, and it close to the leaked score.

I used 18 cores as a worst case scenario....

1 minute ago, ScratchCat said:

Could someone tell me If geekbench actually represents the speeds between different architecures correctly now such as ARM vs x86. IIRC it was biased towards ARM in Geekbench 3

That's Geekbench 4

1 minute ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

That's Geekbench 4

This was information I got before GB4 was release. I think GB4 is more balenced as x86 gets a boost in points while ARM cpus I have tested get a smaller to 0 boost.

1 minute ago, The Benjamins said:

Is this another Zen chip? 

https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/156454

Seems like one... Impressive for just 2.5GHz!!!

1 minute ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Seems like one... Impressive for just 2.5GHz!!!

Again I tested with the i5 2410m and it score 2693 at 2.9Ghz and its 5Gen only(I know there isn't much improvement).

May be actually good given that its an ES

3 minutes ago, ScratchCat said:

Again I tested with the i5 2410m and it score 2693 at 2.9Ghz and its 5Gen only(I know there isn't much improvement).

May be actually good given that its an ES

It is competitive with the G4400 on the Intel side.... How good these CPUs will be depends on the pricing of them... If AMD asks $100 for that CPU then it's not good... If it asks $60 for it, then it's a good buy...

Hmm, ok. Though their highest clock CPU will be main interest to see that single core performance. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

7 hours ago, MarcoTexture said:

impressive for 1.4 ghz. But but butttttt why did they benchmark it at that frequency? I mean what's the point?

these are very early samples , judging by the stepping . It's most likely because of that

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Also , it's worth pointing out the chip is most likely chocking on memory bandwithnaples.JPG

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case