Could human blood be used as coolant in a WC loop?

delet my acc pls

Well, I am fine. 

If you were actually serious about this then... Well... I am done.

what blood type do you have?

idk if someone said this already but wrong topic. 

AMD FX 8350 | 2X XFX RADEON HD7850 | ASUS SABERTOOTH R2.0 | NZXT GUARDIAN 921RB | KINGSTON HYPER-X 2X8GB 

And people have the audacity to call ME the messed up one...

who is the avatar?

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

If you do it (not recommended) just make sure you don't expose the blood to tissue factors or coagulation is going to be a problem.

notclever.jpg

can't find it...

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

what blood type do you have?

Um, I don't know.

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

why???

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 570 Super Overclock (@910-970mhz, @2100mhz), CPU: Intel core i5 760 (@3.3-4.2ghz) (4 cores), HDD: Hitachi Deskstar 160gb, 500GB (DEAD)RAM: 8GB DDR3 1333mhz, MOTHERBOARD: Asus P7H55/USB3  PSU: Antec Truepower 550 80+bronze

wow, what a coincedence, i don't know you bloodtype either.

Well... That might be a good thing.

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Although blood could probably be used as a coolant (seeing as your body uses it for that partially), you'd run into a few issues.

1. Blood is thicker than water, so you'd need a strong pump
  2. All the cells in it would die and then accumulate somewhere in your loop
  3. You wouldn't be able to get the blood legally or the amount required from yourself
  4. It's hard to work with, if you spring a leak...
  5. Also, blood coagulates when exposed to air

So while you physically could do it, I would highly recommend against it.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

can't find it...

Then you fail at using the internet, and are required to return your modem on the way out.

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

it will work, but it has to be the blood of a virgin. (so I guess You're fine to use your own blood :P)

All joking aside, try doing it with sperm.....could be fun (well, the filling the tank part, i guess the smell and look wouldnt be all that nice.)

WTF-did-i-just-read-meme.jpg

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 570 Super Overclock (@910-970mhz, @2100mhz), CPU: Intel core i5 760 (@3.3-4.2ghz) (4 cores), HDD: Hitachi Deskstar 160gb, 500GB (DEAD)RAM: 8GB DDR3 1333mhz, MOTHERBOARD: Asus P7H55/USB3  PSU: Antec Truepower 550 80+bronze

Bad idea. It would coagulate and clog your tubes. As far as thermal conductivity goes, blood and water are about the same though, so if you could get a strong enough pump to pump the blood around, you wouldn't really see any performance difference (until the blood hardened).

Muscles and the liver have a higher thermal conductivity than blood and water, so if anything you should use that (mix it to a liquid first) for the highest performance. Lungs are bad thermal conductors though so don't use that, it wouldn't perform that well.

Source: The Coefficient of Thermal Conductivity of Blood and of Various Tissues

Hope that helps!

So while you physically could do it, I would highly recommend against it.

I agree. The performance benefits are simply not worth the trouble. If only it didn't coagulate...

There are "anticoagulant" substances but I am not sure how long they last and if it's practical to use in a water cooling loop.

Actually, it gives you AIDS. Not cancer.

I call leukemia on this one.

Does anyone even use PCIe SSDs?

just let that blood flow in your brain it needs it more. 

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

wrong section, should be in water-cooling.

:P

nah bloodcooling. but there is no such thing.

it will work, but it has to be the blood of a virgin. (so I guess You're fine to use your own blood :P)

All joking aside, try doing it with sperm.....could be fun (well, the filling the tank part, i guess the smell and look wouldnt be all that nice.)

2d7.gif

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database