Samsung is recalling the Galaxy Note7 over battery fire hazard, sales halted

patrick3027
7 minutes ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

Note to self , Do not Explode :ph34r:

Detonote 7

get-the-new-note-7-today-phone-bricks-af

Also edited the OP: battery is found to be faulty and Samsung considers a recall. 

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

1 minute ago, patrick3027 said:

Detonote 7

get-the-new-note-7-today-phone-bricks-af

Also edited the OP: battery is found to be faulty and Samsung considers a recall. 

You know i had high hopes considering this looked particularly unique compared to other phones & was assuming i would buy one if i got a chance , Too good to be true no :( sadly

Details separate people.

recall might also be related to the reboot loops plaguing many sets of devices across multiple regions

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

5 hours ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

You know i had high hopes considering this looked particularly unique compared to other phones & was assuming i would buy one if i got a chance , Too good to be true no :( sadly

I'm sure they are doing everything to get this phone out again as soon as possible, as they are losing a lot of money at the moment. 

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Galaxy-Note-7-delay-sees-Samsungs-market-value-drop-by-7bn_id84860

According to Sammy, only 0.1% of devices are affected. 

On 31-8-2016 at 5:23 PM, patrick3027 said:

Samsung starts Galaxy Note7 recalls in Belgium, blames faulty battery packs

????? You can't even buy them over here in Belgium

27 minutes ago, Principis said:

????? You can't even buy them over here in Belgium

It was like sent to shops and just not put on shelves yet. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

7 hours ago, goodtofufriday said:

It was like sent to shops and just not put on shelves yet. 

Well I work as a student in a shop we don't have them yet but I suppose that's right.

4 hours ago, Principis said:

Well I work as a student in a shop we don't have them yet but I suppose that's right.

Seems like the release date is pushed back, my bad http://www.standaard.be/cnt/dmf20160901_02449105?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_term=dso&utm_content=article&utm_campaign=seeding

I got mine today (uk)! Mine was preorderedand was shipped before the recall notice.

I'm happy to take the 0.1% risk. Samsung have said they'll replace any unit free of charge. 

So I may just request a replacement anyway!

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

I'm honestly so attached to my Note 7 now that it's going to be really hard for me to return it. If they swap it out for a new one right away I would be ok with that, but like Matt said on the WAN show, if they try to replace it with a different phone, i'm just going to risk it. It has been amazing over the past two weeks and I have had literally zero problems with it.

- I don't use quick charge

- I haven't used the USB-C to Micro adapter

- I mostly use an off-brand qi charger that trickle charges at 1A

This makes me wonder if it is a certain combination of charging or charging cables/adapters that is causing these problems. 

To be clear, it's totally not worth the risk, and everybody should exchange them.

While I don't know this for sure, I'm sure there have been other phones in the past that have had this or something similar happen but did not cause a huge controversy because they were not a a flagship phone.

One thing that specifically comes to mind are when back in 2008 the old Sony PSP's that caught on fire because of bad batteries. http://www.techradar.com/news/consoles/gaming/handhelds/sony-psp-catches-fire-in-child-s-pocket-224283

I don't even think they thought about having a recall even when cases were reported.

Either way, I'm just a salty Note 7 owner who really hates that this had to happen.

And yes... this phone is the bomb. (hopefully not pun intended)

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

That'll buff right out.

Seriously though, Samsung's a bit screwed there. They just gotta hope people send the devices back ASAP.

Hopefully they fix and re-release the Note 7 asap, then people will be more inclined to trade in their old ones. 

Plus I'm in need of a new phone, my iPhone 6 is falling apart and the Note 7 without the battery issue is easily my favourite phone on the market right now. 

Even with the issue I would have happily taken the risk if they actually fulfilled my preorder instead of refunding it. 

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's