RX480 or GTX 1060

Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 480, 8GB GDDR5 or 

EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC, 6GB GDDR5

Im thinking of getting one of these for my new rig and i would appreciate all the help you can give:)

Personally I would get a 480, so I could later crossfire. But I'm weird, and spend every dollar I have on PC's and my cars and bikes.

Unless you love to frivolously spending money, get the 1060 6gb, its faster by a bit than the 480, but can't sli (Which to 95% of people doesn't change a thing)

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

2 minutes ago, Cela1 said:

I have a 1060, and it is pretty good :P

that's subjective and you give no informations. Please try to stay objective and give valid reasons to make sure this thread doesn't get locked.

1060 because; it's more powerfull, uses less power and is the same price (so better perf/value ratio).

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

1 minute ago, wkdpaul said:

that's subjective and you give no informations. Please try to stay objective and give valid reasons to make sure this thread doesn't get locked.

1060 because; it's more powerfull, uses less power and is the same price (so better perf/value ratio).

Ooooh sry :P

4 GB RX 480 > 3 GB GTX 1060,

8 GB RX 480 < 6 GB GTX 1060. 

The 1060 beats the 480 even at stock clocks. After you overclock it, the gap widens even more. Not to mention the low power consumption and lower temps.

P.S. Get the RX 480 if you are going to CF a few years from now.  

Home PC: i5 6402P | Kingston HyperX 8GBx2 | Gigabyte G1 gaming GTX 1060 | Kingston UV400 240GB | WD blue 1TB Gigabyte H110m-S2 Cooler Master B500 v2

Laptop: Lenovo Yoga 710(Kaby Lake)

Phone: Oneplus 3

Tablet: iPad air 2

13 minutes ago, Atmos said:

Personally I would get a 480, so I could later crossfire.

Good point, The 1060 doesn't support SLI, so that's a point OP has to keep in mind.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !