Pure android is dead? What you think?

http://www.theverge.com/2016/8/30/12712722/google-new-nexus-phones-brand-name-change

So with stock Android apparently gone for good, will we not have any Android device that is "pure". This is terrible news, especially for me... This leaves me with no option other than getting something entirely that isnt Android x-x, because i dont want get some sluggish Samsung/LG experience on a rebranded "Nexus". This is honestly, the dumbest thing ever... no longer will an Android device match IOS in terms of updates, speed and stability (despite the complaints its still more stable than Samsung and any other manufacturer).

Groomlake Authority

Well...there are still those close to stock experiences...

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

I'm happy there is such a big community behind android :)

A custom rom is for most common phones a good option if you don't want bloated android.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Ive never rooted( don't know how) and I've been fine with my phones.

Between Sprint/Verizon I feel Verizon doesn't bloat a phone too bad, unlike Sprint who installs uninstallable apps that only fucking annoy you at 4am.

It says they're dropping the brand NAME, not the entire brand, there will still be pure andriod, google is just changing the name of the brand. They apparently will just change it to a G on the back of their phones

Got an Android, never going back to apple again (notice I spelled apple with a lowercase and Android with an uppercase)

That doesn't say anything about dropping stock android OP... It says it's dropping the name.

i honestly don't even notice the difference between stock android and the one runnin on galaxys.

besides the physical buttons and the onscreen ones ofc, maybe launcher? i use klwp anyways

Kind of sad though. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

Signs that Android is D00000mmmed. It is finished, Google is closing its doors tomorrow. Clear signs!

Joking aside, they might just rename it, maybe Google branded. Or maybe sales are just low, much like Chromebook Pixel, and there is no need for doing an effort for this, when you have Samsung pretty much dominating the Android market, and the rest split with LG taking a large part, and the rest is split.

Pretty much the mobile market is Samsung and Apple, and no real room for anyone to grow or come in. I don't think most consumers are interested.

Probably the "special version" will just have Google bloatware. Even if they change the stock version, then the new version they release on their phone lineup wilol become the stock.

10 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Signs that Android is D00000mmmed. It is finished, Google is closing its doors tomorrow. Clear signs!

Joking aside, they might just rename it, maybe Google branded. Or maybe sales are just low, much like Chromebook Pixel, and there is no need for doing an effort for this, when you have Samsung pretty much dominating the Android market, and the rest split with LG taking a large part, and the rest is split.

Pretty much the mobile market is Samsung and Apple, and no real room for anyone to grow or come in. I don't think most consumers are interested.

And you got Motorola, OnePlus and ZTE shipping devices with pretty much stock Android anyways.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

9 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

And you got Motorola, OnePlus and ZTE shipping devices with pretty much stock Android anyways.

Very true!

If they really are dropping the Nexus branding it'll be a little disappointing but we'll still see phones from them.

Actually if they just call like the successor to the 5X and 6P the Google Marlin or Google Sailfish would kinda be cool.

I could see them branding their phones under the Pixel name, but idk I don't like that name.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

1 hour ago, PeloyGeek said:

i honestly don't even notice the difference between stock android and the one runnin on galaxys.

besides the physical buttons and the onscreen ones ofc, maybe launcher? i use klwp anyways

I use the Google Now launcher.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

10 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

-snip-

Wouldnt it work well if they gave the manufacturing hand to Samsung and Google placed its operating system on such device? But it would probably draw everyone away from the likes of the Note and S lineup -.-! I read a news which said Samsungs Note 7 real world performance is very disapointing. 

Groomlake Authority

The closest stock Android experience you are going to get is probably the OnePlus phone, I mean 95% of it is vanilla android

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K 8C/16T @ 5.2GHz All Cores -- CPU Cooler: EK AIO 360 D-RGB 

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F Gaming -- RAM: G-Skill Trident Z 32GB (16x2) DDR4-3000 

SSD#1: Samsung PM981 256GB -- HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB -- GPU: ASUS TUF GAMING RTX 3080 10GB OC MSI GTX 1070 Duke

PSU: FSP Hydro G Pro 850W -- Case: Corsair 275R Airflow Black

Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ 1440p 165Hz -- Keyboard: Ducky Shine 7 Cherry MX Brown -- Mouse: Logitech G304 K/DA Limited Edition

Phone: iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB

Headphones: Sony WH-1000XM4 / Apple AirPods 2

Laptop: MacBook Air 2020 M1 8-core CPU / 7-core GPU | 8GB RAM | 256GB SSD

TV: LG B9 OLED TV | Sony HT-X9000F Soundbar

Spoiler

I didn't take the time to read the article but what Google is apparently going to kill is the nexus brand. What they'll do is keep developing devices with stock android + some minor features exclusive to those phones (e.g. Free vpn). If what you're concerned for is having a phone with quick updates and supported directly by Google, then this changed won't affect you. 

I didnt even know stock android was gone, that sucks. at least it narrows down choices for me in the future, i was always torn between the galay note, and whatever the current iteration of the stock android phone was

My guess is that these new "Nexus" devices will probably run a very close to stock version of Android. Maybe with a couple of specific tweaks for lineup, such as the leaked Nexus launcher and some other tweaks that set them apart from the competition. I doubt Google is going to go full on TouchWiz on us.

You have to remember, one of the selling points of the Nexus devices is how fast they get updates. I don't think Google will want to compromise on that selling point .

Spoiler

Main rig specs: i5-6500 (3.2 GHz), Cryorig H5 Universal, EVGA GTX 970 FTW+, 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 (2133MHz), Asus Z170i Pro Gaming, Samsung 950 PRO 256GB, Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX, LG 3440x1440 Ultrawide.

When in doubt, just root it and throw CyanogenMod on it.

Problem solved.

(its what i did the second i got my S4, cuz touchwiz is disgusting.)

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.