Heat Sink Fan's Direction

Hey folks! At first I'll say that I drew this diagram abruptly and only for understanding purpose-Heat Sink Fan Airflow Direction.jpg

My Query is that in which direction I should put the HEAT SINK's Fan? 

Number - Toward the RAM Sticks?

OR

Number - Toward the REAR exhaust fan?

Asking this because of the RAM's heat absorption capability. If I thrash too much of CPU's hot air on the RAM, those might get affected, right? It's not that kind of hectic thought but as I am installing Cooler Master Hyper 103, I got to put the heat sink carefully.

toward the rear exhaust as it will pull cool air over the ram and it shouldn't heat up much from that 

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

i've always focused on keeping air flowing through the case, in position 1 you are just blowing air back into the case, most cases have an intake fan on the front and an exhaust on the back so I point fans inside to blow in the same direction, heck i've got a Q6600 Core2Quad based PC at work that is setup with a  push/pull (one fan on each side of the cooler blowing in the same direction) and the exhaust fan right behind and that thing idles at room temperature.

2, always 2.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

21 minutes ago, Enderman said:

2, always 2.

Roger @Enderman, roger.

Laws of physics: heat goes to the top.  The heat generated by the memory sticks will go towards the top of the case and colder air from the bottom of the case will replace it. They'll cool naturally on their own, they don't generate enough heat to require active cooling.

The fan on the side of the case will push out of the case the hot air (what's coming out of the cpu cooler) along with some warm air from the top of the case and cold air gets inside the case from the front of the case.. you have a constant air flow through the case. 

So configure the top fans to push the air towards the outside of the case.

Somebody gave me this statement- ' Fan goes between the heatsink and the ram with the direction of flow going through the heatsink to the rear exhaust. ' Kinda(9_9) true but there are also top exhaust fans to work right?

25 minutes ago, Anirban said:

Somebody gave me this statement- ' Fan goes between the heatsink and the ram with the direction of flow going through the heatsink to the rear exhaust. ' Kinda(9_9) true but there are also top exhaust fans to work right?

You can also put the fan on the other side of heatsink. It makes no difference. Also RAM cooling isn't that important if they have heatspreaders and you aren't OCing much or running heavy tasks constantly. They rely on passive cooling from general case airflow. You should have 1-3 good intake fans at front/bottom to keep airflow going.

You can use single top exhaust, if you feel like it. Or you can test how much it helps vs noise it will increase. Top fans are good solution for exhausting when you place cooler so that it directs airflow towards top.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

31 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

You can also put the fan on the other side of heatsink. It makes no difference. Also RAM cooling isn't that important if they have heatspreaders and you aren't OCing much or running heavy tasks constantly. They rely on passive cooling from general case airflow. You should have 1-3 good intake fans at front/bottom to keep airflow going.

You can use single top exhaust, if you feel like it. Or you can test how much it helps vs noise it will increase. Top fans are good solution for exhausting when you place cooler so that it directs airflow towards top.

I am a buyer with nominal amount of bucks into my wallet. Bought this case- Thermaltake Versa n25. Cheap and the gloss is killing the decency. How's that you think? Though, I will mod it up later.

3 minutes ago, Anirban said:

I am buyer with nominal amount of bucks into my wallet. Bought this case. Thermaltake Versa n25. Cheap and the gloss killing the decency. How's that you think? Though, I will mod it up later.

Do you only have included rear fan? You should get 2 fans to front. That will be enough for most systems.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

No!  There will be- 1 x rear, 2 x front, 2 x top. Literally I don't like the case. Wanted to go for S340 or Deepcool Dukase. Problems were that S340 has a design flaw because of the bad airflow and Dukase has been unavailable for quite a time. So had to go with n25. I had a dream like @Enderman's White build but I am from a temperate region of Calcutta(Kolkata) 35C throughout the year. 

7 minutes ago, Anirban said:

No!  There will be- 1 x rear, 2 x front, 2 x top. Literally I don't like the case. Wanted to go for S340 or Deepcool Dukase. Problems were that S340 has a design flaw because of the bad airflow and Dukase has been unavailable for quite a time. So had to go with n25. I had a dream like @Enderman's White build but I am from a temperate region of Calcutta(Kolkata) 35C throughout the year. 

35C would only be 10-15C hotter than it is in my room, so with a 280mm AiO you would still see temps below 80C which is safe :) airflow is not bad at all as long as you use good fans.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 hours ago, Enderman said:

35C would only be 10-15C hotter than it is in my room, so with a 280mm AiO you would still see temps below 80C which is safe :) airflow is not bad at all as long as you use good fans.

I just love your writing. Homie, stick with me. xD 

On 8/28/2016 at 1:58 AM, Daniel644 said:

i've always focused on keeping air flowing through the case, in position 1 you are just blowing air back into the case, most cases have an intake fan on the front and an exhaust on the back so I point fans inside to blow in the same direction, heck i've got a Q6600 Core2Quad based PC at work that is setup with a  push/pull (one fan on each side of the cooler blowing in the same direction) and the exhaust fan right behind and that thing idles at room temperature.

On 8/28/2016 at 2:02 AM, Enderman said:

2, always 2.

On 8/28/2016 at 2:25 AM, Anirban said:

Roger @Enderman, roger.

THIS.