How to take screws out of tubes in OEM heatsink

Clanscorpia
Go to solution Solved by Clanscorpia,
4 minutes ago, LabRat said:

one came out because it broke. the threaded part broke off? and the rest of the stud is still there? maybe it's pressed in? I never saw one of these.

Nvm figured it out

How can I take the screws out of the tubes they go in? I broke the mounting holes on the mobo so I need to take the screws out to ghetto rig it. Thanks!

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

What OEM heatsink? Are you talking AMD/Intel, or HP/Dell/etc?

afaik, intell doesn't use screws, at all. And AM seems to not use them either.

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

Just now, Cela1 said:

Photos may help, if you can get some.

My camera just died sorry, I'll try to get it some juice

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

3 minutes ago, MblaZe7run said:

Its an HP OEM heatsink buts its made by Cooler Master. Its a LGA775 cooler and I want to take the screws out. I should have photos in a minute

Spoiler

AXIOM

16 minutes ago, Cela1 said:

Photos may help, if you can get some.

16 minutes ago, MblaZe7run said:

15 minutes ago, LabRat said:

more, thorough information.

IMG_1314.JPG

IMG_1313.JPG

IMG_1315.JPG

Spoiler

AXIOM

I want to take those screws out, one came out because it broke

Spoiler

AXIOM

one came out because it broke. the threaded part broke off? and the rest of the stud is still there? maybe it's pressed in? I never saw one of these.

Just now, LabRat said:

No the plastic thats between the string and the little metal plate holding it on

Spoiler

AXIOM

4 minutes ago, LabRat said:

Nvm figured it out

Spoiler

AXIOM

Just now, LabRat said:

so..........

There were little cutouts in the metal holders and I lifted that up. Time to ghetto rig

Spoiler

AXIOM