PC Game with great story and graphic please

Taroko
2 hours ago, Taroko said:

Got it. Is it new? never heard of it before 

It's not new. In fact I think it's about three years old, but I don't think it's very successful or popular outside of Russia. It's free, so give it a try if you like.

There's a really surprising number of multiplayer-only shooters being mentioned in this thread that either have a throwaway, barebones story or no story component whatsoever. :P

33 minutes ago, typographie said:

It's not new. In fact I think it's about three years old, but I don't think it's very successful or popular outside of Russia. It's free, so give it a try if you like.

There's a really surprising number of multiplayer-only shooters being mentioned in this thread that either have a throwaway, barebones story or no story component whatsoever. :P

hahaha well all games welcomed i think?

1 minute ago, Taroko said:

hahaha well all games welcomed i think?

It's your thread, I'm just referring to you asking for games with great story in the OP. :)

Metro Redux (bundle)

Crysis 1,2,3,warhead

Doom 4?

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Borderlands 2

Dead Space

Deus Ex Human Revolution

DOOM

Farcry 3 / 4 / Blood Dragon
Portal 2

Spec Ops: The Line

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Warframe

Wolfenstein New Order

Doomsday: CPU : i5 6600k, GPU : MSI Gaming GTX 1070, RAM : 16GB G.Skill DDR4 2400, MB : MSI Gaming M5 Z170A, Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 Evo/ 2TB Seagate Barracuda, PSU : EVGA SuperNova GS 550, Case : Phanteks Eclipse P400, CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i, Monitor : Acer 1440p60 / Asus 1080p60 OS Windows 10 Pro Audio : Sennheiser HD 598SE / SMSL SD-793-II / Blue Snowball Steam : Vlad the Inhaler

If you like platformers.

• Trine 1&2
  • Dust: Elysian Tale
  • Bastion
  • Transistor  (so far)
  • Rollers of the Realm (really liked story but its really short and has artificial extra difficulty for the end)

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 8/24/2016 at 10:47 PM, sgtcool said:

Metro Redux (bundle)

Crysis 1,2,3,warhead

Doom 4?

played crysis 2 will try and get the 3rd one when there is sales

On 8/25/2016 at 1:33 AM, LordGrizzillaKreme said:

Borderlands 2

Dead Space

Deus Ex Human Revolution

DOOM

Farcry 3 / 4 / Blood Dragon
Portal 2

Spec Ops: The Line

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Warframe

Wolfenstein New Order

Love the borderlands 2, dead space a horror no? not sure if i can handle it xD Deus ex does looks cool. DOOM will have to wait i think too much gore, anyway does it actually have a story? just never knew about it. Farcry ahhh brings back memory didn't remember which one i played, will sure to check that out. Portal 2, spec ops, will check them out. don't really like warframe before because laggy not sure later :3. Oh, sorry but don't really like the Star Wars serie :/ Wolfenstein looks cool too actually.

On 8/25/2016 at 0:55 PM, LoGiCalDrm said:

If you like platformers.

• Trine 1&2
  • Dust: Elysian Tale
  • Bastion
  • Transistor  (so far)
  • Rollers of the Realm (really liked story but its really short and has artificial extra difficulty for the end)

Hmmm if i remember right those games have quite nice graphics with very great song right? Going to check them out for casual and relaxing gameplay. Ori and the blind forest is one of such game no? haven't checked them out yet but it sure is a big title.

Thank you guys for the replies and game suggestion :) will note them down first to check later. Currently, i'm still doing my internship program that have a possibility to give me job in the future, which have quite a promising career path.

^the reason i can't build my first PC until next week

Since Mass Effect: Andromeda isn't out, I'd recommend getting into the Mass Effect Series. There are HD mods available for the older versions. I'd also recommend Dragon Age and Middle Earth.

For free, I'd suggest Warframe. It's pretty fun.

I've heard Star Citizen is good, but I've never played it.

On 24. 8. 2016 at 1:13 PM, Taroko said:

Hi guys,

Going to make my first ever PC on 3rd of September, wondering what i should play on it. i've got witcher 3 and rotr on stand by already trying to search more games worthwhile, currently considering the fallout 4 liked the mass effect serie, played it on the laptop xD . Any suggestion is much appreciated.

Thank you.

Not quite the near real world graphics title, but Life is Strange has a story that'll wrap you inside of it and then flush you down the wildest emotional roller-coaster you can imagine.

Quote and/or tag people using @ otherwise they don't get notified of your response!

The HUMBLE Computer:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X • Noctua NH-U12A • ASUS STRIX X570-F • Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 • GIGABYTE Nvidia GTX1080 G1 • FRACTAL DESIGN Define C w/ blue Meshify C front • Corsair RM750x (2018) • OS: Kingston KC2000 1TB GAMES: Intel 660p 1TB DATA: Seagate Desktop 2TB • Acer Predator X34P 34" 3440x1440p 120 Hz IPS curved Ultrawide • Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Brown • Logitech G502 HERO / Logitech MX Master 3

Notebook:  HP Spectre x360 13" late 2018

Core i7 8550U • 16GB DDR3 RAM • 512GB NVMe SSD • 13" 1920x1080p 120 Hz IPS touchscreen • dual Thunderbolt 3

DOOM has awesome single player -- definitely worth checking out

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

You say your first computer but i guess you had a laptop.

SOMA .. average to very good graphics, good story, not as much horror /  scary as previous games from same developer but great game for the price (it's 12 bucks now on humble bundle, subscription)

Great stories ... Syberia (easy on puzzles, nice graphics point and click) and Syberia 2, The Longest Journey (adventure point and click, nice story but a bit wackier puzzles, still easy to finish maybe with a bit of peaking on online walkthroughs if you get stuck somewhere) ,  Life is strange

first Bioshock , shooter with good story and nice twist at the end

Half-Life 1 and Half-Life 2 and the episodes may be worth replaying if you only played them on laptop, maybe even play them with Half-Life 2 Cinematic Mod (but uncheck/skip installing the custom textures for characters in the game, i think they're unchecked by default)

Metro 2033 and Metro Last Light , good shooters with good ambiance

Fallout 3 and Fallout 3 : New Vegas .. i personally consider them better than Fallout 4. You should play both, they're different enough. Some prefer the new vegas more but when the game showed up Fallout 3 was a totally new experience for me and loved it.

Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl .. a must play with the STALKER Complete mod available here http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-complete-2009  which makes the game very beautiful visually and there's lots of sound effects and ambiance added

Dead Space 1 and Dead Space 2 - some suspense, some horror, linear games, action i guess graphics are ok but nothing special. DS2 has awesome sound effects imho.

platformers , mario like games :  Braid (nice visuals with some nice time manipulation mechanics) , Bastion (great sound and music and voiceovers, nice graphics) , Cave Story+ (nice story) , Trine 1 and 2 (nice graphics, switching between 3 characters on the fly each with some special abilities to complete levels ) ,  Super Meat Boy (wide variety of levels, gets hard as you advance, can be quite fast or addictive) , 8bitboy (closest to mario) , Capsized

Brothers - A tale of two sons - a nice short (maybe 1-2h long) with good graphics and ok story, they encourage you to play with a friend because at very few points both players have to move at same time, but the game has keyboard controls for both characters and you can advance even playing alone

Oddworld : Abe's Exoddus and Abe's Oddysee (depends on your tastes, may be hit and miss)

The Penumbra series (Black Plague , Overture, Requiem) from guys that made Soma and Amnesia Dark Descent. Not so much great graphics but lots of suspense and some horror and original (easy) puzzle solving, not as horror (and hard) as amnesia dark descent

Sine Mora and Jamestown if you're into those games where you pilot a ship and have to shoot everything that comes your way. Both have decent graphics.

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter -  very good graphics, i don't remember if story was good at it.

Transistor (from the same guys that did Bastion) has good graphics and very good background music (won awards for it) and some reviewers enjoyed the story as well - may not be into it due if you don't like turn based battles 

I almost said "To the moon" , it's a game that will probably make you cry if you play it but i think you'd be better off watching a video playthrough on Youtube for it. You get he same results.

You may want to check Heroes 3 or Heroes 4/5 (turn based) or King's Bounty series (check Youtube reviews and stuff like TotalBiscuit's wtf is .. xxx game) to see if you're into that.

Witcher 3... I love that games story and the graphics are stunning.

[CPU: 4.3 GHZ I5-4670K] [MB: Gigabyte Z87-D3H] [RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1833 MHZ (8GB)]

[GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1070] [PSU: Corsair CX-750] [Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo]
[Storage: 2TB 7200RPM HDD / 500GB Samsung 850 EVO ] [Case: ThermalTake Chaser-MK 1]

[Keyboard:Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX] [Mouse: Razer DeathAdder] [Monitor: 2 x ASUS 24 INCH IPS (1440p Soon)]

13 hours ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Since Mass Effect: Andromeda isn't out, I'd recommend getting into the Mass Effect Series. There are HD mods available for the older versions. I'd also recommend Dragon Age and Middle Earth.

For free, I'd suggest Warframe. It's pretty fun.

I've heard Star Citizen is good, but I've never played it.

Yeap i really hope they make the Andromade great or at least legendary. Played the mass effect serie a few months ago all of them for the sake of the story and i'm lovin it. Really hyped for the andromeda xD Yea wondering about the inquisition also, heard about Middle Earth, although i never checked it out before. Some of my friends do play Warframe will see how it played first :3. For Star Citizen it's still in the alpha no? looks good but i don't think we're ready yet for that kind of space games? i mean to even populate a planet going to takes a gigantic and enermous effort. I mean i want to see something kind of like the mass effect world but with some of big planets that have a really populated race. Not a fan of buying before the release, so i guess not while its still in the development. Thanks for the suggestion.

12 hours ago, vojta.pokorny said:

Not quite the near real world graphics title, but Life is Strange has a story that'll wrap you inside of it and then flush you down the wildest emotional roller-coaster you can imagine.

o.O it's one of those episodical one like the walking dead from telltale no? will see it, thanks for the suggestion.

12 hours ago, IrshaadH said:

DOOM has awesome single player -- definitely worth checking out

Got it, thank you.

11 hours ago, mariushm said:

You say your first computer but i guess you had a laptop.

SOMA .. average to very good graphics, good story, not as much horror /  scary as previous games from same developer but great game for the price (it's 12 bucks now on humble bundle, subscription)

Great stories ... Syberia (easy on puzzles, nice graphics point and click) and Syberia 2, The Longest Journey (adventure point and click, nice story but a bit wackier puzzles, still easy to finish maybe with a bit of peaking on online walkthroughs if you get stuck somewhere) ,  Life is strange

first Bioshock , shooter with good story and nice twist at the end

Half-Life 1 and Half-Life 2 and the episodes may be worth replaying if you only played them on laptop, maybe even play them with Half-Life 2 Cinematic Mod (but uncheck/skip installing the custom textures for characters in the game, i think they're unchecked by default)

Metro 2033 and Metro Last Light , good shooters with good ambiance

Fallout 3 and Fallout 3 : New Vegas .. i personally consider them better than Fallout 4. You should play both, they're different enough. Some prefer the new vegas more but when the game showed up Fallout 3 was a totally new experience for me and loved it.

Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl .. a must play with the STALKER Complete mod available here http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-complete-2009  which makes the game very beautiful visually and there's lots of sound effects and ambiance added

Dead Space 1 and Dead Space 2 - some suspense, some horror, linear games, action i guess graphics are ok but nothing special. DS2 has awesome sound effects imho.

platformers , mario like games :  Braid (nice visuals with some nice time manipulation mechanics) , Bastion (great sound and music and voiceovers, nice graphics) , Cave Story+ (nice story) , Trine 1 and 2 (nice graphics, switching between 3 characters on the fly each with some special abilities to complete levels ) ,  Super Meat Boy (wide variety of levels, gets hard as you advance, can be quite fast or addictive) , 8bitboy (closest to mario) , Capsized

Brothers - A tale of two sons - a nice short (maybe 1-2h long) with good graphics and ok story, they encourage you to play with a friend because at very few points both players have to move at same time, but the game has keyboard controls for both characters and you can advance even playing alone

Oddworld : Abe's Exoddus and Abe's Oddysee (depends on your tastes, may be hit and miss)

The Penumbra series (Black Plague , Overture, Requiem) from guys that made Soma and Amnesia Dark Descent. Not so much great graphics but lots of suspense and some horror and original (easy) puzzle solving, not as horror (and hard) as amnesia dark descent

Sine Mora and Jamestown if you're into those games where you pilot a ship and have to shoot everything that comes your way. Both have decent graphics.

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter -  very good graphics, i don't remember if story was good at it.

Transistor (from the same guys that did Bastion) has good graphics and very good background music (won awards for it) and some reviewers enjoyed the story as well - may not be into it due if you don't like turn based battles 

I almost said "To the moon" , it's a game that will probably make you cry if you play it but i think you'd be better off watching a video playthrough on Youtube for it. You get he same results.

You may want to check Heroes 3 or Heroes 4/5 (turn based) or King's Bounty series (check Youtube reviews and stuff like TotalBiscuit's wtf is .. xxx game) to see if you're into that.

Whoa... lotsa games xD Hmmmm, oh i think Markiplier played SOMA right? nice graphics i think.

Will try the syberia, the longest journet, and life is strange. Never played those kinds of game before so i'll see the reviews first.

Planning to play Bioshock infinite tbh, looks great.

Half-life, heard that title first time when i'm playing CS 1.6 with my friends back in junior high. Will check them out.

Metro does have a really cool feeling towards it and i will try and revisit it again (haven't finished them before because too laggy)

Haven't played fallout serie yet, but i think i want to try the 4th first i mean they have better graphics right? will see the new vegas and 3rd too.

Stalker, isn't it kind of like a horror one?

Dead space, is it kind of like survival horror?  gonna try them out but not sure i can handle the suspense

Platformers oooo cool games i think, will be a nice games for small break (didn't know they're called platformers before xD )

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter a big name, but haven't saw it yet. Transistor yea someone said it at the top too :3

First tbs game i think in here? Heroes also a big name no? want to try endless legend too and waiting for civ 6 never have the chance because not enough RAM in laptop hahaha.

Will check the others out, many thanks for the recommendation. 

P.S. not sure if i'm making many grammar mistakes here, english my 2nd language hahaha

11 hours ago, Heavygun1450 said:

Witcher 3... I love that games story and the graphics are stunning.

Can't say anything yet until i played it, but most of the reviews said so. Also expecting a lot from Cyberpunk 2077 :) 

12 hours ago, mariushm said:

Jamestown is nice. Or would be if it hadn't artificial extra difficulty. And by that I mean that you can't unlock more levels unless you complete ALL previous ones with extra difficulty. The game is short, devs just need to accept that fact and let me play it like a short scrolling shooter it is.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Just now, LoGiCalDrm said:

Jamestown is nice. Or would be if it hadn't artificial extra difficulty. And by that I mean that you can't unlock more levels unless you complete ALL previous ones with extra difficulty. The game is short, devs just need to accept that fact and let me play it like a short scrolling shooter it is.

Oh, so it kind of like perfecting all the stages? and grinding? hmmm well i'll see it first i guess

8 minutes ago, Taroko said:

Oh, so it kind of like perfecting all the stages? and grinding? hmmm well i'll see it first i guess

It has something like 6 levels total. You get 3 first open just playing with medium difficulty (which is the one I usually use). Then it asks to complete 3 first ones with Hard difficulty to unlock stage 4. This took coop with a friend. And then Ultra Hard for 3 first ones and Hard to 4th to unlock 5th. Needless to say that we didn't bother unlocking 6th.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, Taroko said:

Whoa... lotsa games xD Hmmmm, oh i think Markiplier played SOMA right? nice graphics i think.

Yes, Markiplier played SOMA. Yes, it's nice graphics what I meant was that the game engine doesn't use some revolutionary graphic effects to make graphics super nice, but overall the game makes beautiful landscapes, the underground spaces are nice, it's a visually pleasing game, worth playing.

Will try the syberia, the longest journet, and life is strange. Never played those kinds of game before so i'll see the reviews first.

Syberia I really enjoyed playing. It has a very nice story and the graphics are also very nice for an adventure game. I think I finished it in two afternoons, maybe 4-6 hours if you take the time to take in the scenes and the voice acting, basically to enjoy the game. Life is strange has lots of episodes, have no clue about how long is overall.

The Longest Journey doesn't have as great graphics, they were good for the time the game was released (famous for being a game sold on something like 4 or 5 CDs at the time, when most games had one CD) but the story was nice... I think I finished it in around 20-30 hours but with help from some walkthroughs about 3-4 times to solve some quirky puzzles. Haven't played Life is strange more than the beginning for about 10-15 minutes so I don't now how long it is.

later edit: By the way,  when I say The Longest Journey, I mean the classic one not the new "Dreamfall : The Longest Journey"... this one is what i recommend: http://store.steampowered.com/app/6310/   i haven't played the new version but i suspect it's quite different.

Bioshock Infinite is quite different than Bioshock, I encourage you to play Bioshock as well. Has a nice story, good graphics.

Half-life, heard that title first time when i'm playing CS 1.6 with my friends back in junior high. Will check them out.

Oh man, if you haven't played the Half-Life series, do play it. It's a classic with graphics that have kept up with the times quite well. 

If you want, play Half-Life: Source first, it's Half-Life running on updated game engine with higher quality textures, but with story and levels and everything kept the same. Play and look around and pay attention to what's going on around you, lots of nice things you may miss if you don't pay attention (they don't matter much to finish the game, but contribute to the story). I don't recommend playing Half-Life: Mesa even though in theory it has better graphics and more visual effects, because the authors of this version modified game levels and cut stuff out that they mistakenly considered not essential to the game story and made the game more confusing. 

Compared to today's games, Half-Life is quite linear and easy but keep in mind that for when it was released it was revolutionary, it was one of the first games that introduced lots of things and did them right, like the ability to talk to scientists and have them follow you to open doors for you, enemies that coordinate attacks between them and retreat or change tactics  instead of just being scripted to spawn from one place and attack you, great use of skeleton animation and lots more.

The story is somewhat generic, but the levels are diverse enough you'll be happy for the 2-3 hours it takes to finish the game.

Half-Life 2 is much better but it's worth playing the first before to know the characters and the events of the first game, the action in this HL2 happens some time after the first game and it helps to know what happened in first game. Much better graphics, also a revolutionary game when it comes to story and game physics (the gravity gun, advancing by destroying physical obstacles or by killing enemies using physics puzzles or by throwing barrels or various things at enemies, very good (for the time) face animation on characters that matched the voice, beautiful character Alyx following you and helping you to advance in the game, a character that many formed a really good connection and you start to care for her as you advance..

If you get to Half-Life 2 : Episode 2 ending, you're probably going to cry.

They're first on Metacritic's top 10 games of all times for good reason, really you should play the Half-Life series : http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/pc/filtered?sort=desc Gamespot also agrees, the series is on top as well , and both Half-Life games are also on PC Gamer's, see  here and here.

Metro does have a really cool feeling towards it and i will try and revisit it again (haven't finished them before because too laggy)

The two Metro games have great atmosphere but they're somewhat linear and everything's kind of gray black dark, naturally since it's underground.  Once you play a few levels, it's kind of the same, same enemies, same tunnels and so on.

Haven't played fallout serie yet, but i think i want to try the 4th first i mean they have better graphics right? will see the new vegas and 3rd too.

Fallout 4 is good, but I really encourage you to play Fallout 3 first, and maybe even Fallout 3 : New Vegas if it catches you.

In my opinion,  Fallout 3 games really captured that feeling of a country devastated by nuclear strikes, destroyed vegetation, fallen buildings, everything looks kinda what you expect after a cataclysm, and there's nice quests. You discover more things as you go through quests and underground bunkers and destroyed cities, like using lockpicks to open doors in a building and find letters on old computers and figure out stuff about what happened right before the nuclear strikes.. i think it's called game lore or something like that. There's simply more stuff in the two  Fallout 3 games, and they're relatively different enough to play both.

Fallout 4 is... how to put it... I think it's kind of too shiny, too shallow, less exploring, more population, less danger,  more stuff for "minecraft"  crowd, there's more focus in building your own town which contrasts with the main quest of the game ( you see your son being kidnapped while you're in stasis, you wake up years after and you're desperate to find your kid but 20 minutes later you're supposed to wonder around collecting junk so you can build your base? So unrealistic... )  it has no sense of urgency, you're not even encouraged to explore too much, in Fallout 3 games you can simply start wondering on the huge map and discover locations and make friends and be scared to enter some places just in case there's enemies too strong for you, decisions can also matter more in the old games...  Fallout 4 is more linear. later edit: and more guided, how to explain it best... from the moment you're planted in the game world, you're put in such a way that there's high chance you're going to start moving directly towards the first thing the game developers wanted you to find, you're in a sort of funnel, you're secretly pushed to do what they want. Fallout 3 games are really more free to roam and make choices, just pick a direction and explore.

It does have some horror elements and it can scare you but it's something like 80% shooter, 20% horror. The stalker complete mod I mentioned really improves the graphics and adds a lot of things making the game really nice, like stars that match how they'd look above chernobyl at that year, falling stars, rain, lightning strikes making shadows on buildings, ambient sounds that are really good when you're walking through fields during the night with just the flashlight and the moon lightning things up .. there is some horror, you find some creatures in tunnels, they can give you a scare but you get used to it.

Dead space, is it kind of like survival horror?  gonna try them out but not sure i can handle the suspense

Yeah, it's kind of linear though and kind of cheap horror, the kind where you know if you're going near a vent there's a high chance some creature jumps through the vent to scare you. It's not  Amnesia Dark Descent horror, psychological and for long periods of time.

I'm fond of Dead Space 2 for it's ambient sound, I remember a particular level where the red marker starts producing a really cool sound and you're chased through some place and that sound is so awesome in 5.1  with bass that makes your chair and your insides vibrate and raises your arm hairs :) and the sound changes depending on your character's position relative to the marker .. a beauty of sound design... too bad the game's story is otherwise kinda bland and it's also linear and not too scary

1 hour ago, mariushm said:

Yes, Markiplier played SOMA. Yes, it's nice graphics what I meant was that the game engine doesn't use some revolutionary graphic effects to make graphics super nice, but overall the game makes beautiful landscapes, the underground spaces are nice, it's a visually pleasing game, worth playing.

Syberia I really enjoyed playing. It has a very nice story and the graphics are also very nice for an adventure game. I think I finished it in two afternoons, maybe 4-6 hours if you take the time to take in the scenes and the voice acting, basically to enjoy the game. Life is strange has lots of episodes, have no clue about how long is overall.

The Longest Journey doesn't have as great graphics, they were good for the time the game was released (famous for being a game sold on something like 4 or 5 CDs at the time, when most games had one CD) but the story was nice... I think I finished it in around 20-30 hours but with help from some walkthroughs about 3-4 times to solve some quirky puzzles. Haven't played Life is strange more than the beginning for about 10-15 minutes so I don't now how long it is.

later edit: By the way,  when I say The Longest Journey, I mean the classic one not the new "Dreamfall : The Longest Journey"... this one is what i recommend: http://store.steampowered.com/app/6310/   i haven't played the new version but i suspect it's quite different.

Bioshock Infinite is quite different than Bioshock, I encourage you to play Bioshock as well. Has a nice story, good graphics.

Oh man, if you haven't played the Half-Life series, do play it. It's a classic with graphics that have kept up with the times quite well. 

If you want, play Half-Life: Source first, it's Half-Life running on updated game engine with higher quality textures, but with story and levels and everything kept the same. Play and look around and pay attention to what's going on around you, lots of nice things you may miss if you don't pay attention (they don't matter much to finish the game, but contribute to the story). I don't recommend playing Half-Life: Mesa even though in theory it has better graphics and more visual effects, because the authors of this version modified game levels and cut stuff out that they mistakenly considered not essential to the game story and made the game more confusing. 

Compared to today's games, Half-Life is quite linear and easy but keep in mind that for when it was released it was revolutionary, it was one of the first games that introduced lots of things and did them right, like the ability to talk to scientists and have them follow you to open doors for you, enemies that coordinate attacks between them and retreat or change tactics  instead of just being scripted to spawn from one place and attack you, great use of skeleton animation and lots more.

The story is somewhat generic, but the levels are diverse enough you'll be happy for the 2-3 hours it takes to finish the game.

Half-Life 2 is much better but it's worth playing the first before to know the characters and the events of the first game, the action in this HL2 happens some time after the first game and it helps to know what happened in first game. Much better graphics, also a revolutionary game when it comes to story and game physics (the gravity gun, advancing by destroying physical obstacles or by killing enemies using physics puzzles or by throwing barrels or various things at enemies, very good (for the time) face animation on characters that matched the voice, beautiful character Alyx following you and helping you to advance in the game, a character that many formed a really good connection and you start to care for her as you advance..

If you get to Half-Life 2 : Episode 2 ending, you're probably going to cry.

They're first on Metacritic's top 10 games of all times for good reason, really you should play the Half-Life series : http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/pc/filtered?sort=desc Gamespot also agrees, the series is on top as well , and both Half-Life games are also on PC Gamer's, see  here and here.

The two Metro games have great atmosphere but they're somewhat linear and everything's kind of gray black dark, naturally since it's underground.  Once you play a few levels, it's kind of the same, same enemies, same tunnels and so on.

Fallout 4 is good, but I really encourage you to play Fallout 3 first, and maybe even Fallout 3 : New Vegas if it catches you.

In my opinion,  Fallout 3 games really captured that feeling of a country devastated by nuclear strikes, destroyed vegetation, fallen buildings, everything looks kinda what you expect after a cataclysm, and there's nice quests. You discover more things as you go through quests and underground bunkers and destroyed cities, like using lockpicks to open doors in a building and find letters on old computers and figure out stuff about what happened right before the nuclear strikes.. i think it's called game lore or something like that. There's simply more stuff in the two  Fallout 3 games, and they're relatively different enough to play both.

Fallout 4 is... how to put it... I think it's kind of too shiny, too shallow, less exploring, more population, less danger,  more stuff for "minecraft"  crowd, there's more focus in building your own town which contrasts with the main quest of the game ( you see your son being kidnapped while you're in stasis, you wake up years after and you're desperate to find your kid but 20 minutes later you're supposed to wonder around collecting junk so you can build your base? So unrealistic... )  it has no sense of urgency, you're not even encouraged to explore too much, in Fallout 3 games you can simply start wondering on the huge map and discover locations and make friends and be scared to enter some places just in case there's enemies too strong for you, decisions can also matter more in the old games...  Fallout 4 is more linear. later edit: and more guided, how to explain it best... from the moment you're planted in the game world, you're put in such a way that there's high chance you're going to start moving directly towards the first thing the game developers wanted you to find, you're in a sort of funnel, you're secretly pushed to do what they want. Fallout 3 games are really more free to roam and make choices, just pick a direction and explore.

It does have some horror elements and it can scare you but it's something like 80% shooter, 20% horror. The stalker complete mod I mentioned really improves the graphics and adds a lot of things making the game really nice, like stars that match how they'd look above chernobyl at that year, falling stars, rain, lightning strikes making shadows on buildings, ambient sounds that are really good when you're walking through fields during the night with just the flashlight and the moon lightning things up .. there is some horror, you find some creatures in tunnels, they can give you a scare but you get used to it.

Yeah, it's kind of linear though and kind of cheap horror, the kind where you know if you're going near a vent there's a high chance some creature jumps through the vent to scare you. It's not  Amnesia Dark Descent horror, psychological and for long periods of time.

I'm fond of Dead Space 2 for it's ambient sound, I remember a particular level where the red marker starts producing a really cool sound and you're chased through some place and that sound is so awesome in 5.1  with bass that makes your chair and your insides vibrate and raises your arm hairs :) and the sound changes depending on your character's position relative to the marker .. a beauty of sound design... too bad the game's story is otherwise kinda bland and it's also linear and not too scary

whoa got lots of reviews here hahaha. Checking out the Fallout 3 too then, will it run on win 10? some games don't run on 10 do they? Though i want to try and build my own city too hahaha

Seems like half-life is a must play then :3

SOMA looks indeed very cool xD can't wait to get 1080p monitor

Syberia and Life is Strange going to be a nice story telling games... or at least i hope it will :) 

Thanks for the reply again appreciate your reviews xD 

GTA 5: Story is hit or miss, some people like it some don't. Most just have it for the multiplayer anyway. I personally enjoyed it.

Modded Skyrim, find some graphical mods and let your eyes melt from beauty.

The Talos Principal: Having a lot of fun in this game, like portals but more physiological. There are some parts that will legitimately make your brain hurt.

Everyone's Gone to the Rapture: Not really heavy on the game play here, but OH GOD it is one of the most (actually THE most) beautiful games I have ever played.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

8 hours ago, DragonTamer1 said:

GTA 5: Story is hit or miss, some people like it some don't. Most just have it for the multiplayer anyway. I personally enjoyed it.

Modded Skyrim, find some graphical mods and let your eyes melt from beauty.

The Talos Principal: Having a lot of fun in this game, like portals but more physiological. There are some parts that will legitimately make your brain hurt.

Everyone's Gone to the Rapture: Not really heavy on the game play here, but OH GOD it is one of the most (actually THE most) beautiful games I have ever played.

Kind of partial regarding GTA V online, heard there's lots of small kids using mic on a public server?

Ahhhh Skyrim... yes i literally just finished downloading Skyrim again for next week, can't wait to start modding it.

Haven't heard about the other 2 games though, going to need to see them first.

Thank you for the recommendation.

7 hours ago, Taroko said:

Kind of partial regarding GTA V online, heard there's lots of small kids using mic on a public server?

Ahhhh Skyrim... yes i literally just finished downloading Skyrim again for next week, can't wait to start modding it.

Haven't heard about the other 2 games though, going to need to see them first.

Thank you for the recommendation.

Auto correct changed philosophical to physiological... fuck me...

The Talos Principal

Everyone's Gone to the Rapture

With Rapture, it's hit or miss. If you don't feel immersed within an hour I would try to get a refund.

In GTA, you can mute any player in the lobby with you.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit