How to effectively study/revise for exams!?

VAkena

I have my yearly exams coming up in a couple of weeks and I'm one of those people that 'wing it' but still do well. The problem now is that the exams examine all content throughout the year.

You able to throw me some pointers/tips/methods to effectively study/revise? If so, thanks in advance. 

Cal1.PNG

Cal2.PNG

Revise often and for moderate lengths of time. Don't just go and do one time for 1 hour. Study everyday but like 30 minutes every day.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Thread moved to Off Topic.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Ahah the question that never ends.

You'd have to answer a few personnal questions to yourself to know!

You can do like people like me: you work a bit from time to time, and you do a whole bunch of exercises for a day or two before the big exam to refresh the rules, relying on what you learned in class before.

You could also do something like working methodically your courses 8hours a day starting now until the exams.

You also can do a mix of those two.

It revolves around how your memory works. 

According to my teachers from all the way back when I was at school, the best way to revise was:

3 x 20 minute sessions with a 20 min break in between each one, then a 2 hour break, then repeat.

Accorsing to my parents:

ALL DAY, EVERYDAY 24/7 NO BREAKS OR PLAYTIME, YOU HAVE ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD TO PLAY AFTER GETTING 100% IN EVERYTHING. YOU GOT 99% IN A TEST? WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO THE OTHER 1%? YOU ARE NOT MY SON I DISOWN YOU FOR BEING DUMB.

Linus is my fetish.

As someone who just came out of exams here are muh tips.

-take hand written, diagramatic summary notes. It sounds like a lot of work but you absorb so much more in 20 minutes of writing than you do in 45 minutes of writing, and you can reas these instead of your possibly un-study friendly textbook

-2:1 work break ratio. Work 2 hours for every 1 hour of of chill. E.g. Study 2 hours (with short breaks liek walking your dog) then eat lunch/WE for 30 minutes, do another 30-60 minutes then take a nice long break to re-energize and decompress.

- snip-

1 hour ago, Bhav said:

According to my teachers from all the way back when I was at school, the best way to revise was:

3 x 20 minute sessions with a 20 min break in between each one, then a 2 hour break, then repeat.

Accorsing to my parents:

ALL DAY, EVERYDAY 24/7 NO BREAKS OR PLAYTIME, YOU HAVE ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD TO PLAY AFTER GETTING 100% IN EVERYTHING. YOU GOT 99% IN A TEST? WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO THE OTHER 1%? YOU ARE NOT MY SON I DISOWN YOU FOR BEING DUMB.

#relatable

- snip-

I mean they even took away my PC power plug to try and force me to revise because playing Civ 2 inbetween studying meant I wasnt studying at all or enough.

If anything that led to worse grades due to causing depression and boredom, thus not being able to concentrate when I was revising.

Parents are dumb.

'ONLY 30-60 MINS OF GAMES ALLOWED IN A DAY!'

WTF, you ever tried to play settlers 2 for only 30 mins a day???? You can lkterally play that all day long AND revise while stuff is being built due to how slow paced the game was.

'PAUSE IT!!!!'

ONLY WHEN IM PLAYING SOMETHING THAT DOESNT FUCKING PAUSE!

Linus is my fetish.