PlayStation Plus price increases to $60 ($70 CAD) starting September - no new features

GoodBytes
1 minute ago, wcreek said:

I should've put a /s to indicate I wasn't being exactly serious. I mean I kinda am serious, but yeah I agree. I got a PS4 under the presumption that maybe I have more friends that play on Playstation over Xbox, actually it would seems I know more people that play on PC.

I've been planning on building a PC for the past two years, likely early next year but possibly like December of this year I'll start building a PC since I'll be starting a job soon. But anyways, I don't think it's a huge deal that Sony is raising the price to $60, if it was a $20 price hike I could see it being more of a big deal.

True that $50->$60 doesn't really seem like that big a jump (from ~$4.16/month to $5/month), but looking at percentages that's a whole 20% rise which might irk some folks no matter the truth behind it.

Personally, as someone who tends to prefer bulk-buy and pre-paid (when it's worth it), I enjoy the ease of mind of knowing I've got months or even years worth of payment for a service out of the way so I don't worry about having to keep money in the bank "just in case" a sub pops in out of sync with my other bills that are on reliable arrivals.

9 minutes ago, Technous285 said:

True that $50->$60 doesn't really seem like that big a jump (from ~$4.16/month to $5/month), but looking at percentages that's a whole 20% rise which might irk some folks no matter the truth behind it.

Personally, as someone who tends to prefer bulk-buy and pre-paid (when it's worth it), I enjoy the ease of mind of knowing I've got months or even years worth of payment for a service out of the way so I don't worry about having to keep money in the bank "just in case" a sub pops in out of sync with my other bills that are on reliable arrivals.

Yeah before when I was on XBL, I'd just use pre-paid cards for 1 year at a time. It was more convenient because at the time I was obviously too young to really have my own money so a 1 year XBL Gold subscription would be a gift as it was for this 1 year PS+ sub I have. 

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

2 hours ago, Sakkura said:

Does that mean PC gamers can laugh at both of you? ;)

Anyway, I'm not in favor of subscriptions for critical features. An optional subscription for games, yeah okay that can make sense depending on pricing and terms.

Raising the price just makes it that much more unappealing. And kinda ruins the whole "consoles are cheap" idea.

PC Gamers can only laugh when they get actually free games each month (100% legal, 100% free*)

meh bullshit. Sony ain't even like Microsoft, you don't get to keep the games you get with plus, it only lasts until you run out of plus then you gotta get plus again in order to play the games again. Unlike Microsoft which you get a game and if you run out of gold you keep the game still.

Dumb move sony dumb move dummies.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

This is pathetic, i sold my ps4 long ago for a pc and ive never been happier but this just PISSES ME THE HELL OFF!!! Sony you are shit company, fuck you.

Great, so now all console scrubs  ...I mean... users... have to PAY EVEN MORE TO USE THE INTERNET.

I mean... if that doesn't stop them using consoles, then they deserve to pay :P 

6 hours ago, Gamessys said:

Why would I not pay $60? Free games, online etc etc.

You need to check what you call free. The games are not free if you pay the premium, these games cost exactly as much you pay for the service.

I wonder if Steam's price will go up to match... oh, wait, I forgot, STEAM IS FREE

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

7 hours ago, Gamessys said:

Why would I not pay $60? Free games, online etc etc.

PC Master Race :D

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

6 hours ago, Prysin said:

PC Gamers can only laugh when they get actually free games each month (100% legal, 100% free*)

PC gamers do get actually free games each month. Consoles have to pay $60 to get their "free" games, which are then obviously not free at all. It's more comparable to something like Humble Monthly.

8 hours ago, keNNySOC said:

yay! you know this video too..

:P

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

6 hours ago, Prysin said:

Actually, it's not free because once the subscription finishes, you lose all your free* games

PC has something comparable which is free, it's called Origin.

8 hours ago, Gamessys said:

I have an Xbox One so now I can laugh in my friends face because he has been hating on me paying $60 for gold for years mwahahaha.

Meanwhile pc players can laugh at you both for saying pcs are too expensive ;)

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

FvsjVWz.png

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

4 hours ago, Matu20 said:

You need to check what you call free. The games are not free if you pay the premium, these games cost exactly as much you pay for the service.

Except since you have the service you are getting games and service. Without you can buy the game but no service.

Main Rig CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RX5700XT MBASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Master Liquid LC240E SSD: Crucial 250gb M.2 + Crucial 500gb SSD HDD: PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Gran RGB 850W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Carbide 275R KB: Glorious GMMK 85% MOUSE: Razer Naga Trinity HEADSET: Go XLR with Shure SM7B mic and beyerdynamic DT 990

unRAID Plex Server CPU: Intel i7 6700 GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000 MB: Asus B150M-C RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb DDR4 3000MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock Intel SSD: Western Digital 500GB Red HDD: 4TB Seagate Baracude 3x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf PSU: EVGA BT 80+ Bronze 450W Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO KB: Cheap Logitech KB + Mouse combo

Sure, let me just give you 70 dollars for doing absolutely nothing. Oh wait, I dont game on rip-offsoles

11 hours ago, Technicolors said:

i'm guessing the price hike is for better free games for PS+ members... 

but as someone who owns playstation systems, it's a bit of a drag. most will have to pay for it anyways since it's the only way to play MP or use some online features

They're not free if you're paying for a sub and you lose the games the day you unsubscribe.

Honestly, being to keep my saves in the cloud is worth the price alone for me. 10$ and i still think the service is worth just the cloud saving. So everything else that comes with it has always been a plus for me. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

12 hours ago, Sakkura said:

Does that mean PC gamers can laugh at both of you? ;)

Laugh all you want. I do the same whenever I check out the game selection on steam. And I don't even own a PS4 or XBOX ONE.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

12 hours ago, Kimmers said:

Imagine if Valve allowed users to pay for better official match making servers and better anti cheat.

One could dream.

Imagine if those features were provided free of charge.

One could dream within that dream

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

5 hours ago, Sakkura said:

PC gamers do get actually free games each month. Consoles have to pay $60 to get their "free" games, which are then obviously not free at all. It's more comparable to something like Humble Monthly.

Free AAA titles that is LEGIT, not pirated or cracked by some shady ass group of "hackers"??

5 hours ago, raphidy said:

Actually, it's not free because once the subscription finishes, you lose all your free* games

PC has something comparable which is free, it's called Origin.

no, they dont "go away". you only lose the FREE access. Not the actual games. The games are permanently stored in your library, and the moment you "re-sub" to PS+ you gain access to them once more.

2 minutes ago, Prysin said:

Free AAA titles that is LEGIT, not pirated or cracked by some shady ass group of "hackers"??

You didn't say AAA titles before. And the PSN+ games don't look like AAA stuff. Tricky Towers, Rebel Galaxy, and Ultratron seem to be the currently available ones for PS4. None of those are AAA titles.

1 minute ago, Prysin said:

no, they dont "go away". you only lose the FREE access. Not the actual games. The games are permanently stored in your library, and the moment you "re-sub" to PS+ you gain access to them once more.

That means you lose access to the games when you stop paying the subscription.

Aaaand they lost me as a costumer completely, first you need to pay to play online on ps4(dontmind it that much but), my overall experience with their ps4 online is worse that the ps3 ever was for me, the ps+games you get arent realy worth it most of the time either nowadays, and the ps4 exclussives are pretty bad for the most part imo. Good thing i was mostly on pc anyway, shame msot of my irl friends are not though

CPU:R7 5800X    Motherboard: asrock x470 taichi ultimate   RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws-V 2X16GB    GPU: Gigabyte GTX1080TI gaming oc 11g   Case: Corsair 600Q Storage: 1TB Samsung 870(boot), samsung 850evo 500GB, 2TB Corsair MX500, samsung 2TB 970 evo plus, WD 5TB black    PSU: Corsair AX860    CPU cooling: Corsair H105

22 minutes ago, Prysin said:

If I understand correctly, I only *rent the damn games during my subscription. I don't really own the game then.

Anyways, I have the ps+ and what I like about it is the savings when you purchase a digital game with the ps+ discount. Free* games are just a nice touch.

Gotta renew before September. And then when it expires, i don't care.

54 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

You didn't say AAA titles before. And the PSN+ games don't look like AAA stuff. Tricky Towers, Rebel Galaxy, and Ultratron seem to be the currently available ones for PS4. None of those are AAA titles.

That means you lose access to the games when you stop paying the subscription.

occasionally you can get AAA titles. Ive had all dragon age games come up, some NBA game (i dont like NBA, but its a major sports title so whatever), i think even BF3 came up at some point.