I miss old Linus videos.

FPS-Russia

I put example above. I know the guys are bigger now and more time is used to make video and do other things, but Linus had a original quality. Real hands on with stuff and show us performance there on camera.

Just miss old Linus.

Go back and watch all the old videos. They are still there.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

Go back and watch all the old videos. They are still there.

New video have less personality i think i mean.

1 minute ago, FPS-Russia said:

Well every youtuber evolves

Some youtubers are funny and don't really care about the reviews, whereas some are really serious. I feel like linus is in between those 2 right now

Desktop: i7-6700K / Asus Z170 S / H100i V2 / LPX 2400Mhz 16GB / 960 EVO 250GB / 2x 860 EVO 500GB / RM750i  / NZXT H440 XB271H + Z22n Monitors

Laptop: Thinkpad T450s / i7-5600U / 12GB / 860 EVO 500GB

Why do you miss old linus videos? They're all avaliable for you to rewatch :)

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

Just now, Gravemind said:

I don't miss the lighting that made everybody look like recovering meth addicts, though.

Yeah hahahaha that can stay in the past :D

1 minute ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

unscripted Linus was fun  , now most of the words seem robotic & more focus on the overall look of the video

Yeah, everything now be a bit too clinical.

14 minutes ago, FPS-Russia said:

Yeah, everything now be a bit too clinical.

Wouldn't it be nice if all LTT videos were a bit more super fun?

45 minutes ago, FPS-Russia said:

depends, the new video about the Ursa Mini sure does.

but sometimes, as a buisness you have to make a choice about quantity over quality

and some people try both.  thing is. its a conflict of interest. and the quality sometimes suffer.

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

47 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

@FPS-Russia don't you think that all the videos nowadays feels like it is produced on some factory by some robot? 

That's too far but it's more robotic than normal.

1 minute ago, FPS-Russia said:

That's too far but it's more robotic than normal.

Yeah... I find myself a bit harsh on their vid. 

Probably should shut up now... :ph34r:

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

4 hours ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

unscripted Linus was fun  , now most of the words seem robotic & more focus on the overall look of the video

That is exactly it. I liked the "just grab something and unbox or review it"-style more than all those B-roll let's look professional things.

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Cooler Noctua NH-D15S | MB Asus ROG Strix B550 A-Gaming | RAM 2 x G.Skill Trident Z Royal silver 16 GB @ 3200 MHz CL14 | GPU Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 Vision OC 8G

Case Fractal Design Define C TG | SSD(s) Boot: Samsung 970 EVO 250 GBPrograms: Samsung 970 EVO 1 TBData: Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB | PSU Seasonic Focus GX 750W

Screen(s) Main: ViewSonic VX2758-2KP-mhd, Second: Asus PB277Q, Third: LG Flatron E2240T | Keyboard Ducky One (MX Blues) | Mouse Logitech G Pro Gaming

Sound Card: Asus Xonar D2X PCIe, System: Edifier R1280DB | OS Windows 10, 64 Bit

A lot of the current videos are kind of pointless tbh. A lot of the research is not even primary, and just comes from a couple of minutes on Google. Who of us here can't just do that themselves? Then there's the superficial benchmarks of no more than three games. Mostly they seem like an excuse to create a 4 minute ad with the content an afterthought.

I do agree with the scripting comment, it's always easy to zone out when someone is clearly reading something pre-written. But I understand why they do it, although for me just relaxing it a bit with more off the cuff comments would be good for me but your mileage may vary

To be frank I hate live benchmarks. A la Jay, and the old way Linus did it. If it's dissected like what DF do, then that's fantastic, and a cut above the rest. 

That being said it was it was a great way for his personality to shine through some more, which is really great. And I get where you're coming from in that regard.  

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series?