pokemon X and Y are you F***ing ready

Biased Opinion

Because i know that i am, 8 am EST and i have both of them on preorder.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

I have never, nor do I ever intend to play a pokemon game. *runs out of room in fear of death*

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

I have never, nor do I ever intend to play a pokemon game. *runs out of room in fear of death*

NOT ONE OF US

NOT ONE OF US

I would be if I had a 3ds :(

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

I DON'T HAVE A 3DS!!!!!!!!!! UGHHHHHHHH

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

I enjoyed Pokémon up to 3rd gen then stopped caring.

SHOTS FIRED!! SHOTS FIRED!!

COVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

You get back in here or I'll sick Gary Mother F@$kin Oak after you. Smell ya later!

tried playing one on a GBA emulator

meh

i did like pokemon on N64 though

thats pretty much it

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

1v1 IRL xD

Come-at-me-bro-rainbow-dash-31030597-500

I'm not buying it until I have played Black/White and the sequel to those. 

But I am a bit disappointed in the Pokemon franchise of late. Megas? Ripping off Digimon? Really? 

Also, Automatic, free, XP share?  :rolleyes: What happened to actually working for progress?

Related:

Xa7pH.png

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I'm not buying it until I have played Black/White and the sequel to those. 

But I am a bit disappointed in the Pokemon franchise of late. Megas? Ripping off Digimon? Really? 

Also, Automatic, free, XP share?  :rolleyes: What happened to actually working for progress?

the megas amuse me but i have no issue with them. And as far as making the game easier to progress in, i really dont think that its that big of a deal as pokemon games are easy in the first place and it will still take about 3 days of grinding on the E4 to reach LvL 100( i have done this before feebas egg to 100 milotic in about 2 days)

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

My body is beyond ready

Didn't have the money to pre-order. I have the money now so I will order later today, my 3DS and body are indeed ready! I've been watching a few videos and livestream's and it looks soooooo gooooooood!

FX 6300 | Sapphire 7770 | G-Skill Ares 8GB | WD Blue 1TB | ASUS M5A78L-M

Tritton Kunai | Logitech Proteus Core G502 | Razer Blackwidow Tournament 

tried playing one on a GBA emulator

meh

i did like pokemon on N64 though

thats pretty much it

Pick up a gameboy color and a copy of pokemon crystal you will thank me

also at the end of the day it has come a long way from this

post-20323-0-55057700-1381507243_thumb.j

Pick up a gameboy color and a copy of pokemon crystal you will thank me

emerald is better than crystal because battle frontier( oh and fuck the battle pyramid)

emerald is better than crystal because battle frontier( oh and fuck the battle pyramid)

I never thought the 3rd gen was a good place to start that's why I recommended crystal.

I never thought the 3rd gen was a good place to start that's why I recommended crystal.

emerald is more visually pleasing but if i was to start someone off i would recommend platinum because the physical special split actually make sense and is far more intuitive. The only thing that i think it lacks is the battle dome and it runs and 30fps vs 60 which make puzzles like sky pillar much harder and is why you dont see them

the megas amuse me but i have no issue with them. And as far as making the game easier to progress in, i really dont think that its that big of a deal as pokemon games are easy in the first place and it will still take about 3 days of grinding on the E4 to reach LvL 100( i have done this before feebas egg to 100 milotic in about 2 days)

Part of why I have always played pokemon was because I thought they were cool. My team is always built based on a combination of "Is it powerful for it's typing?" and "Is something about it awesome?" Such as it's theme, appearance, powers, etc.

The Pokemon themselves don't entice me anymore. Gen 1-3's pokemon had that air of awesome coolness I desired. As the generations have gone on, that has quickly gone away. I'm not a Gen 1 only guy, I like 1-3. But the Pokemon in 4 just turned me away from Pokemon in general. It stopped being cool for me. Needless to say, I don't play for competition (i.e. me vs real people). And I'm not saying there weren't pokemon in Gen 1-3 that were not stupid looking/themed (Exeggutor). I'm just saying, 1-3 had a lot of pokemon I liked and few I didn't. 4 and 5 had a lot of pokemon I didn't like and few I did.

When I found out Black/White actually had a legitimate story (i.e. not the same "best pokemon trainer ever" crap over and over), I became a lot more interested in playing the games again. 

Now, X & Y have that (AFAIK) and the pokemon are starting to get better again. Plus you get some of the Gen 1 pokemon too. Which I will probably exclusively use myself, but hey. That's just me. Best of both worlds.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.