Cheap Windows

Okay, so my friend wanted me to make him a $350 computer so he could browse the web without having to go through the trouble of mobile sizing issues.  I wanted to build him something that didn't completely suck, so I wanted to spend the least amount possible on the OS (No, he won't use linux).  So, basically what I'm asking is: does anyone know where to get a cheap copy of windows?  XP or higher please and thank you. I know about kinguin, and want to stay clear of it, but if it is the cheapest option by 20-30 bucks, I'll do it.  And please no windows 8. Thats all.

GPU: ASUS Strix GTX 1070,  CPU: i5-6600k OC to 4.0 GHz,  PSU: Rosewill Capstone G750 750W,  Mobo: MSI Z170A Krait Gaming,  Case: NZXT H440 White,  Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB (2x8),  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB, Mouse: Razer Ouroboros,  Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Chroma, Mousepad: Razer Overwatch KB+M pad, Headset: Corsair Void RGB,  Monitor: 1x ASUS PB277Q 27" 1440p & 1x HP Pavilion 25cw 25-inch 1080p

Well you can get them from some reddit treads... no experience with that tho.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

reddit microsoft software swap

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

and if youre feeling like a REAL asshole, contact support, say you paid for windows, credit card went through, but recieved nothing, they will give it.

I know this cuz I ACTUALLY bought Win10 for the price, it didnt give me anything, credit card was billed, support didnt even check to see if I had actually paid or not (which I did pay btw), they just typed in a key

22 minutes ago, Treedubz said:

Okay, so my friend wanted me to make him a $350 computer so he could browse the web without having to go through the trouble of mobile sizing issues.  I wanted to build him something that didn't completely suck, so I wanted to spend the least amount possible on the OS (No, he won't use linux).  So, basically what I'm asking is: does anyone know where to get a cheap copy of windows?  XP or higher please and thank you. I know about kinguin, and want to stay clear of it, but if it is the cheapest option by 20-30 bucks, I'll do it.  And please no windows 8. Thats all.

iidk why you don't go with the kinguin route. Basically nothing is wrong about it. Just get the 1 dollar insurance in case it doesn't work.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

I bought my windows 10 pro 32/64 bit for £20 off ebay, installer and a key. It has worked well but some people have said it will only work on one PC but for £20 I dot mind having to buy more then one.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?