[Cooler Master] MasterLiquid Maker 92 Hybrid CPU Cooler

VSG
28 minutes ago, zMeul said:

what's the point of this?

one of the advantages of an AIO or any liquid rad for that matter is that you can dump the heat outside the case, this is just scrambling it around

also, multiple points of failures:

• rad
  • pump
  • liquid level
  • tubing
  • 2 non standard fans

That's like saying every component of a cooler can fail, how exactly does a rad fail anymore than fins on a heatsink? Ditto tubing. 

As for why, dual fans and internal exhaust means less noise outside the case. I am not saying this is a good design, but it worked well enough for Apple to use it a few years back as well before they switched to rounded cases for the Mac Pro.

7 hours ago, Katsunaka said:

It's height takes it out of some ITX builds. 

It's more suited for the mATX crowd. 

What if you take the top fan off?
Then it might fit in most cases, but still perform better than these small aircoolers.

4 hours ago, That Norwegian Guy said:

Lacks aesthetics, and knowing Cooler Master the fan will sound like a cat getting put through a buzzsaw

Their current Silencio fans are actually really quiet.

__

I suggest to wait for the performance numbers and price, before anyone judges this little AIO.
I see this beeing great for mITX and µATX.

1 hour ago, VSG said:

That's like saying every component of a cooler can fail, how exactly does a rad fail anymore than fins on a heatsink? Ditto tubing. 

As for why, dual fans and internal exhaust means less noise outside the case. I am not saying this is a good design, but it worked well enough for Apple to use it a few years back as well before they switched to rounded cases for the Mac Pro.

an simple air cooler has only one fail point, that's the fan - and since most air coolers have standard fans, it can be easily replaced

the rad can be punctured, clog

the pump can fail

the tubing can clog, be punctured, kinked

fluid will permeate trough the tubing over time

this cooler "solves" a problem no one asked for

1 hour ago, Senzelian said:

What if you take the top fan off?
Then it might fit in most cases, but still perform better than these small aircoolers.

You're still talking 56.2mm tall. It'll be in a case with little to no ventilation without a fan. Which is already hard enough in an ITX case. It'll work in some but not every SFF case. Of course Im being nitpicky. I've recently built a Node 202. I ended up going with the Cryorig C7. Due to limited heights. 

I do believe CM made a great product. It has some sacrifices to be able to go from vertical to horizontal. 

CM needs to make a case that this thing is amazing in. Like Corsair did with the Bulldog. Although do it differently. CM makes the cooler, CM makes the case, buy the case with the cooler at a price point that makes the case/cooler work but not be a product out the reach for most.

Make a SFF case, sell it at 79 US. Sell the cooler at 39 US. So, but sell them together at like 100. So it's in a manageable price point for everyone. 100 bucks and you get an ITX case and tiny radiator. Then they do it in their maker series like they're doing with the Mastercase. Call it the Mastercase 1. 

1 ITX, 3 MATX, 5 ATX, 7 EATX. Boom, you've got a homerun. I figured it out by being an enthusiast, just imagine if I had some power at CM. They'd be broke, irrelevant and worst of all, I'm be unemployed.

5 hours ago, zMeul said:

an simple air cooler has only one fail point, that's the fan - and since most air coolers have standard fans, it can be easily replaced

the pump can fail

First, 3rd and 4th points will never happen outside of user error. It's the same as saying a heatpipe can be punctured and the heatpipe material will permeate out. Fans and pumps are really the only potential failure points on liquid coolers.

and here I was thinking that the whole point of liquid cooling was to draw the heat as far away from microprocessors as possible

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

I must be the only person that thinks this is neat. If it dissipates more heat, quieter than the competition, are you really that worried about where the rad is? Besides, fans take the heat out of the case.

Also, any failures of components on the cooler are subject to RMA anyways. Slap a stock cooler on for a couple weeks while your new cooler is being sent to you. Quit bitching, at least its not RGB.

I build PCs as a hobby. 

Relece date and price? And also , Looking forward to the reviews of this.

was just thiking that will this fit in the lian li pc tu 100 case...

IMO , i think it looks cool and its pretty neat.

(⌐■_■) 

Looks like this will be more expensive and probably louder and hotter than a highend air cooler.

Sounds cool on the surface but I don't think it's a very efficient design. 92mm fans on such a small radiator only go so far...

EDIT:

Actually it's pobably fine and dandy for most i3 or i5 CPUs in a smaller case. Or a HTPC.

\\ QUIET AUDIO WORKSTATION //

5960X 3.7GHz @ 0.983V / ASUS X99-A USB3.1      

32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 & 2667MHz @ 1.2V

AMD R9 Fury X

256GB SM961 + 1TB Samsung 850 Evo  

Cooler Master Silencio 652S (soon Calyos NSG S0 ^^)              

Noctua NH-D15 / 3x NF-S12A                 

Seasonic PRIME Titanium 750W        

Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum / Logitech G900

2x Samsung S24E650BW 16:10  / Adam A7X / Fractal Axe Fx 2 Mark I

Windows 7 Ultimate

4K GAMING/EMULATION RIG

Xeon X5670 4.2Ghz (200BCLK) @ ~1.38V / Asus P6X58D Premium

12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz

Gainward GTX 1080 Golden Sample

Intel 535 Series 240 GB + San Disk SSD Plus 512GB

Corsair Crystal 570X

Noctua NH-S12 

Be Quiet Dark Rock 11 650W

Logitech K830

Xbox One Wireless Controller

Logitech Z623 Speakers/Subwoofer

Windows 10 Pro

7 hours ago, zMeul said:

the pump can fail

the likelihood of a radiator being punctured is very slim. Ive dropped screwdrivers by mistake into the fins of my Kraken x60 before, and it hasnt sprung a leak or lost any cooling effect yet.

Yes, liquid will permeate through the tubing, the fittings, the o-rings/seals in the waterblock etc. But the rate at which it permeates is so fucking low that the AIO will be well outside of warranty before you should ever have to worry about a re-fill.

A product is, after all, not expected to last 100% error free longer then the warranty. That is the only guarantee you get.

Just because most manufacturers offer shittier warranties in the states then elsewhere doesnt mean "that" is the yard stick. That is simply because they can get away with cutting the warranty period in the states.

A "simple" air cooler, as in Intel stock?

Most heatpipe coolers are actually subject to a few failure points. One of the worst being deterioration in the joint/seam in the form of micro-fractures between the fin array and the heatpipes. This is caused by vibrations over time. It is an issue that has and will always exist.

A AIO solves a problem everyone has been asking for; the problem of moving as much heat as possible FROM the CPU as fast efficient as possible. Waters ability to transfer huge amounts of the heat is ONE of the reasons a radiator is so damn effective.

Why do you think a radiator, even a 120mm one, is close to a dual tower 120mm air cooler?

No surface area isnt that much larger on the radiator. Instead it is because of how heat is moved INTO the fins, rather then having to move from extreme heat conductive metal to a much less heat conductive metal. through an even less effective solder point (or in case of some air coolers, even high end ones, no solder at all. They are just pressed onto the heatpipe with force)

5 hours ago, VSG said:

First, 3rd and 4th points will never happen outside of user error. It's the same as saying a heatpipe can be punctured and the heatpipe material will permeate out. Fans and pumps are really the only potential failure points on liquid coolers.

Considering the MTBF of most water pumps that get used in AIO is far lower than the fans that come with it....and pumps can create their own noise as well (typically a high pitched wine)-like the pump on my Seidon 120V.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Neat. I wish they made it horizontal though, so it could fit things like the Node 202. Right now the only way to liquid cool the CPU is to chop up the case and use a short gpu or use the bulldog from Corsair. (and I'm not even sure if the bulldog cooler fits)

edit: I'm dumb and you can rotate it. Still though, from looks alone I'd stay it's still too high for something like the node 202, but time will tell, I guess. 

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

Just now, ElfenSky said:

Neat. I wish they made it horizontal though, so it could fit things like the Node 202. Right now the only way to liquid cool the CPU is to chop up the case and use a short gpu or use the bulldog from Corsair. (and I'm not even sure if the bulldog cooler fits)

It swivels in the middle, it can be vertical and horizontal.

PMSL

2 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

It swivels in the middle, it can be vertical and horizontal.

Yeah, I looked back and edited my comment to reflect. Still tho, it still looks too high to fit miniATX cases like the node. 

edit: yeah, Node 202's height is rated at 56mm, while this comes in at a whopping 118mm. 

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

Just now, ElfenSky said:

Yeah, I looked back and edited my comment to reflect. Still tho, it still looks too high to fit miniATX cases like the node. 

Well the dimensions of it are listed, so if you have the case you could always check to see if it would.

PMSL

4 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

Well the dimensions of it are listed, so if you have the case you could always check to see if it would.

You type too fast :P. I was editing my comment to mention the relevant dimensions. 

To add to that, the bulldog's height is 57mm, and with a few tolerances, it will fit the node. The only thing I wonder about the bulldog is if the direction of the water matters - because I would swap it so that the fans looks upwards (intake from the side of the case) and exhausts at the top. 

10 minutes ago, ElfenSky said:

You type too fast :P. I was editing my comment to mention the relevant dimensions. 

To add to that, the bulldog's height is 57mm, and with a few tolerances, it will fit the node. The only thing I wonder about the bulldog is if the direction of the water matters - because I would swap it so that the fans looks upwards (intake from the side of the case) and exhausts at the top. 

Having a look at them-you can't expect many coolers to fit what are effectively console sized cases. Unfortunately-even this AIO is too big as well-though if a case was designed specifically for it, it'd be a far better solution that the "CM MLM 92", as the radiator is actually exhausting the CPU's heat out of the case directly, and combined with a blower cooled card, there would be very little-if any-heat build up inside the case.
http://www.corsair.com/en/hydro-series-h5-sf-low-profile-liquid-cpu-cooler

Edited by Dabombinable

PMSL

1 minute ago, Dabombinable said:

Having a look at them-you can't expect many coolers to fit what are effectively console sized cases. Unfortunately-even this AIO is too big as well-though if a case was designed specifically for it, it'd be a far better solution that the "CM MLM 92", as the radiator is actually exhausting the CPU's heat out of the case directly, and combined with a blower cooled card, there would be very little-if any-heat build up inside the case.
http://www.corsair.com/en/hydro-series-h5-sf-low-profile-liquid-cpu-cooler

Yes, that's the cooler I was talking about. I was too lazy to look up the name, and just called it the bulldog cooler, since that's what they use in it :P What I was wondering if you could swap the two water lines to reverse the flow of water, and make the fan intake air from the top instead of the bottom. I guess I'll just send them an email asking. 

So, they said that it's better than an air cooler?

Well, let's wait for the review, whether it's an amazing or stupid product.

18 hours ago, Katsunaka said:

It's height takes it out of some ITX builds. 

It's more suited for the mATX crowd. 

Not even. I use mATX and a normal tower is a better solution.

- snip-

10 hours ago, Katsunaka said:

You're still talking 56.2mm tall. It'll be in a case with little to no ventilation without a fan. Which is already hard enough in an ITX case. It'll work in some but not every SFF case. Of course Im being nitpicky. I've recently built a Node 202. I ended up going with the Cryorig C7. Due to limited heights. 

I do believe CM made a great product. It has some sacrifices to be able to go from vertical to horizontal. 

CM needs to make a case that this thing is amazing in. Like Corsair did with the Bulldog. Although do it differently. CM makes the cooler, CM makes the case, buy the case with the cooler at a price point that makes the case/cooler work but not be a product out the reach for most.

Make a SFF case, sell it at 79 US. Sell the cooler at 39 US. So, but sell them together at like 100. So it's in a manageable price point for everyone. 100 bucks and you get an ITX case and tiny radiator. Then they do it in their maker series like they're doing with the Mastercase. Call it the Mastercase 1. 

1 ITX, 3 MATX, 5 ATX, 7 EATX. Boom, you've got a homerun. I figured it out by being an enthusiast, just imagine if I had some power at CM. They'd be broke, irrelevant and worst of all, I'm be unemployed.

I was just talking about taking one of the fans off. So it still has one fan.
Your idea of having an AIO and a case for 100 bucks was a terrible example. There is much more that goes into designing a product line than just a few sentences like yours.

12 hours ago, Senzelian said:

Their current Silencio fans are actually really quiet.

__

I suggest to wait for the performance numbers and price, before anyone judges this little AIO.
I see this beeing great for mITX and µATX.

The Silencio fans are pretty bad to be honest. Quality control seems bad. 3 out my 5 fans had some bad clicking noise of varying degrees. The amount of air they push is laughable. The fans are garbage.

Be Quiet, Scythe, Corsair, Fantek, Noctua... No reason to get Cooler Master fans. ;)

\\ QUIET AUDIO WORKSTATION //

5960X 3.7GHz @ 0.983V / ASUS X99-A USB3.1      

32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 & 2667MHz @ 1.2V

AMD R9 Fury X

256GB SM961 + 1TB Samsung 850 Evo  

Cooler Master Silencio 652S (soon Calyos NSG S0 ^^)              

Noctua NH-D15 / 3x NF-S12A                 

Seasonic PRIME Titanium 750W        

Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum / Logitech G900

2x Samsung S24E650BW 16:10  / Adam A7X / Fractal Axe Fx 2 Mark I

Windows 7 Ultimate

4K GAMING/EMULATION RIG

Xeon X5670 4.2Ghz (200BCLK) @ ~1.38V / Asus P6X58D Premium

12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz

Gainward GTX 1080 Golden Sample

Intel 535 Series 240 GB + San Disk SSD Plus 512GB

Corsair Crystal 570X

Noctua NH-S12