MSI prepping new VR ready laptops with 120Hz screens

Castdeath97
4 hours ago, laminutederire said:

4K 60hz is basically useless though. Only card which comes close to give 60fps at ultra 4K consistently would be the titan, but it still struggles to do it consistently. They should have proposed 120Hz 1440p instead in my opinion.

Some people like those but they wouldn't see the difference with a 1440p or 1080p monitor.

The problem is that no gpu can hold up to such a display, so putting that display is basically them praying on stupid people who'll end up playing at 1440p or worse.

The 1080 does a pretty good job of it actually.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

19 minutes ago, christianled59 said:

The 1080 does a pretty good job of it actually.

Well by doubt I watched the reviews again. So far it is between 30 and 50 fps on all benchmarks excepting a few games like battlefield 4 where it sits at a bit more than 60fps. That's not 4K@60 performance yet.

I despise MSI laptops, GT72S 6QE has died two times on me now, every time was the motherboard. GT72 2QE is running fine.

Both belong to relatives now, got a nice little ASUS GL552 for myself, can't fault it unlike the MSI ones.

i7 8086k @ 5.3Ghz / 32GB DDR4 Trident Z RGB @ 3733Mhz / Aorus GTX 1080 11Gbps / PG348Q

6 hours ago, laminutederire said:

Some people like those but they wouldn't see the difference with a 1440p or 1080p monitor.

The problem is that no gpu can hold up to such a display, so putting that display is basically them praying on stupid people who'll end up playing at 1440p or worse.

But you can use it for other things than only gaming....

8 hours ago, laminutederire said:

But why are they even producing the 4K ones?

Not everyone plays videogames, higher resolutions are nice for the extra sharpness and room on the screen for more stuff to fit.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

16 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

But you can use it for other things than only gaming....

12 minutes ago, TheKDub said:

Not everyone plays videogames, higher resolutions are nice for the extra sharpness and room on the screen for more stuff to fit.

1440p vs 4K on screens that small it isn't easy to see any difference, and 4K scaling on Windows 10 isn't near perfect those days, so you'd even have trouble having a scaling good enough to be able to see anything. 

120Hz laptop, $1 000 000 

dr.-evil-million-dollar-term-policy-300x241.jpg

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

On Saturday, August 13, 2016 at 4:46 AM, laminutederire said:

I hate those threads which make me hopeless for humanity..

The article mentioned professional use. Even at the smaller size, 4K makes a lot of sense for text (programming) , graphics design, image/video editing, and other such tasks. In addition, 4K is common enough where scaling shouldn't be (key word) an issue in Windows. 

For gamers, the 4K panel is probably not a big appeal unless the GPU can drives games at native competently. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

10 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

The article mentioned professional use. Even at the smaller size, 4K makes a lot of sense for text (programming) , graphics design, image/video editing, and other such tasks. In addition, 4K is common enough where scaling shouldn't be (key word) an issue in Windows. 

For gamers, the 4K panel is probably not a big appeal unless the GPU can drives games at native competently. 

Last time I checked scaling still had issues :/

12 hours ago, laminutederire said:

Last time I checked scaling still had issues :/

It improved with windows 10.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide