You ever seen a water cooled PSU?

Found this on a site from the days of way back when of the socket 370. Thought I'd share.

27_psu_all_in_place.jpg

28_ahhhh.jpg

25_finished_blocks.jpg

30_pc_upper.jpg

31_pc_full.jpg

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

And I thought my PC was a mess lol

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

Pointless, id rather just get a passively cooled one

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I know you could get them with WC from the factory.

And apparantly a new one is on the way :P

http://www.legitreviews.com/deepcool-shows-off-water-cooled-power-supply-at-ces-2016_177512

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Just now, SeamusFrederick said:

looks cool but it's not even on the market yet and I doubt there would be a huge number of people willing to invest in it

Apart from AIO's custom WC is a niche market.

So the fact that there might be only a limited supply won't suprise me :P

And it does look it's far from being ready to put on sale too. Maybe they won't even sell it, who knows.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Luke had an oil-cooled PSU way back in his aquarium-esque machine, but i think that one doesn't count.

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

11 minutes ago, Chevy_Monsenhor said:

Luke had an oil-cooled PSU way back in his aquarium-esque machine, but i think that one doesn't count.

oil != water.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

There was something like that on the CES in 2016 i think.

Budget Rig "Curable":     | FX 6300 @4.5Ghz | Asus R9 270x | Asus Crosshair IV Extreme | 16GB HyperX Beast | 120GB PNY SSD

Tablet "Buddy":                 Trekstor Wintron 10.1|

41 minutes ago, zMeul said:

40 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

I know you could get them with WC from the factory.

And apparantly a new one is on the way :P

http://www.legitreviews.com/deepcool-shows-off-water-cooled-power-supply-at-ces-2016_177512

I really wonder why I have not seen one of those in a single enthusiast machine. The only thing it's probably missing is RGB so not 2016 standard but oh well.

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Cooler Noctua NH-D15S | MB Asus ROG Strix B550 A-Gaming | RAM 2 x G.Skill Trident Z Royal silver 16 GB @ 3200 MHz CL14 | GPU Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 Vision OC 8G

Case Fractal Design Define C TG | SSD(s) Boot: Samsung 970 EVO 250 GBPrograms: Samsung 970 EVO 1 TBData: Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB | PSU Seasonic Focus GX 750W

Screen(s) Main: ViewSonic VX2758-2KP-mhd, Second: Asus PB277Q, Third: LG Flatron E2240T | Keyboard Ducky One (MX Blues) | Mouse Logitech G Pro Gaming

Sound Card: Asus Xonar D2X PCIe, System: Edifier R1280DB | OS Windows 10, 64 Bit

1 minute ago, intelCore said:

I really wonder why I have not seen one of those in a single enthusiast machine. The only thing it's probably missing is RGB so not 2016 standard but oh well.

Because water in the most dangerous part of your pc seems like a bad idea :P

And because of how good psu's have become it's pointless, and usually the psu is hidden somewhere so asthetics only is rarely a reason.

But if you really want you can slap a custom designed block on it and WC your psu that way, it's an option :P A very exotic one but an option.

Yes. I have now!

But I had not seen one before :P 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, samcool55 said:

Because water in the most dangerous part of your pc seems like a bad idea :P

And because of how good psu's have become it's pointless, and usually the psu is hidden somewhere so asthetics only is rarely a reason.

But if you really want you can slap a custom designed block on it and WC your psu that way, it's an option :P A very exotic one but an option.

Not as if water wasn't dangerous in the PC itself too. :D

But yeah I mean those people who're like "I need to watercool everything"! This was literally the only thing  missing that was not yet watercooled I mean there's VRM, GPU, CPU, PCH, SSD, HDD, RAM... PSU was the only thing still missing. And you know those die hard watercool guys... I don't know why none of them has gotten that yet. Or why I haven't come across something like that yet. xD

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Cooler Noctua NH-D15S | MB Asus ROG Strix B550 A-Gaming | RAM 2 x G.Skill Trident Z Royal silver 16 GB @ 3200 MHz CL14 | GPU Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 Vision OC 8G

Case Fractal Design Define C TG | SSD(s) Boot: Samsung 970 EVO 250 GBPrograms: Samsung 970 EVO 1 TBData: Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB | PSU Seasonic Focus GX 750W

Screen(s) Main: ViewSonic VX2758-2KP-mhd, Second: Asus PB277Q, Third: LG Flatron E2240T | Keyboard Ducky One (MX Blues) | Mouse Logitech G Pro Gaming

Sound Card: Asus Xonar D2X PCIe, System: Edifier R1280DB | OS Windows 10, 64 Bit

1 minute ago, intelCore said:

Not as if water wasn't dangerous in the PC itself too. :D

But yeah I mean those people who're like "I need to watercool everything"! This was literally the only thing  missing that was not yet watercooled I mean there's VRM, GPU, CPU, PCH, SSD, HDD, RAM... PSU was the only thing still missing. And you know those die hard watercool guys... I don't know why none of them has gotten that yet. Or why I haven't come across something like that yet. xD

... If they want to cool everything with water, why don't they put everything in mineral oil?

Every single part of the complete system liquid cooled! :D

2 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

... If they want to cool everything with water, why don't they put everything in mineral oil?

Every single part of the complete system liquid cooled! :D

That is old. xD

Imagine a transparent PSU where you can see the watercooling stuff inside. It would actually give the OEMs a reason to make the inside of even a PSU look good enough so you can display it on a really fancy case! :D