RX480 With Pentium G3258, Why So Much Bottlneck?

DisconnectedYT

So i have a Pentium G3258 and a XFX RX480 8GB OC

Why does my game non stop freezes and stutters when i have any render distance above low.

I saw videos with other people with the same GPU and CPU and they dont get any bad stuttering at all? WHY DO I GET STUTTERING?

My CPU is OC'd to 4.2Ghz and the GPU is +180Mhz from the stock.

Especially on Watchdogs at max settings i get around 20FPS.

Full PC Specs

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 at 4.2Ghz 1.35V

Ram: 8GB Kingston DDR3 1333Mhz

GPU: XFX RX480 8GB OC

PSU: WideTech 750w 80+

Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3

CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Nepton 240m

try something other than watchdogs

Cpu: Intel i7-5820k at 4.6 Ghz // Motherboard: Asus X99 Pro // Ram: 32gb of Crucial Balistix at 2400 Mhz // Gpu: GTX 1080 Founders Edtion // SSD: Samsung 850 evo 250gb, Samsung 950 pro 256 gb, // Cooler: Cooler Master ml240r // Case: NZXT h500i 

watchdogs works great on some setups (gtx 650 did fine) and terrible on others (760 unplayable)

so its a bad example

but in general its because dual core

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Watchdogs has problems... Let's leave it at that.

i5 6600k and GTX 1070 but I play 1600-900. 1440p BABY!

Still, don't put too much faith in my buying decisions. xD 

Watchdogs is heavily CPU bound, and the G3258 is an aging dual core that's better suited for HTPCs and experimentation than it is AAA gaming these days.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

your CPU, although freaking awesome, simply because its a dual core, it can't keep up with the instructions the GPU needs, you'll need to upgrade that to an i5 or better.

1 minute ago, DisconnectedYT said:

So the problem is the CPU? because people that have the same setup as me dont have problems

Well your PSU is a firebomb so check out the PSU whitelist and tier lists in my sig when you get the chance, but yeah, try lowering settings and overclocking more, not much else to do.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Open up task manager with the game open, if CPU is @ 100% or close then it's the CPU. 

It's not quite as simple as that, but it should give us a good indication. 

1 minute ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Well your PSU is a firebomb so check out the PSU whitelist and tier lists in my sig when you get the chance, but yeah, try lowering settings and overclocking more, not much else to do.

But it's 750w and 80+ rated so as long as it passes lab testing (for certification) then it'll be fine. 

I'm winding you up. Don't take the bait :P

5 minutes ago, Belgarathian said:

It's not quite as simple as that, but it should give us a good indication. 

But it's 750w and 80+ rated so as long as it passes lab testing (for certification) then it'll be fine. 

I'm winding you up. Don't take the bait :P

You wouldn't believe how many people will tell me that since it has X 80 PLUS rating it'll be fine

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Hey... Weren't you complaining about FPS while running fraps not to long ago, you're not still running it are you?

Yea, that PSU is about to burn down your house. Chuck that thing now. Its much better to get a lower wattage high quality psu then that I doubt that that rig is even pushing 400W in its current config. I doubt that the psu actually makes 750W as well.

Headphones:

Spoiler

Sony MDR V6 (DT 250 pads), restored 1987 AKG K240M 600ohm (Cosmos pads with dt250 filters), AKG K7XX, Beyerdynamic DT990 pro 250 ohm, Bose Ae2 & Sony MDR v150. All off of a Bravo V2 shuguang tube, Little Dot mkII with GE JAN 5654 tubes, a CEntrance Dacport slim and a UCA222.

PC:

Spoiler
  • CPU
    i7 6700k
  • Motherboard
    Asus Z170s
  • RAM
    Crucial Ballistix (white)
  • GPU
    Asus 1070 Strix OC
  • Case
    Phanteks P400
  • Storage
    Samsung 850 pro, Seagate barracuda 1tb
  • PSU
    Evga G1 650W (regret)
  • Display(s)
    Samsung S22D300 21.5" 1920x1080 60hz 5ms & ASUS PB277Q 27" 2560x1440 75Hz 1ms
  • Cooling
    Deepcool Captain 240EX white
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G810
  • Mouse
    Logitech G502
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 (switching to linux soon)

One, some 1600MHz RAM isn't a bad idea.

Two, everyone talking about your PSU is probably right.

Three, the G3258 is the reason Watch_Dogs isn't working. (Still a great CPU though)

Try reinstalling your GPU drivers using DDU and make sure windows updates are all installed.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

the processor is shit for modern multi core/multi thread 21st century apps.

I was going to do that same setup for a client but opted with an 860K instead, no major bottlenecking on GTA V, Witcher 3, Crysis 3, The Division. Not sure on Watch Dogs. Perhaps reinstalling GPU drivers using DDU will help alleviate the problem.

The bottleneck is very much noticeable imo and with your 1333mhz Ram the dips will more frequent. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

1 minute ago, xAcid9 said:

The bottleneck is very much noticeable imo and with your 1333mhz Ram the dips will more frequent. 

on my pc the ram was only at around 4.5GB to 6GB and on the GPU like 1000mb of Vram

39 minutes ago, DisconnectedYT said:

on my pc the ram was only at around 4.5GB to 6GB and on the GPU like 1000mb of Vram

It's not about the capacity, it's about RAM speed and nowadays 1600mhz barely holding for newer games.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |