Pc randomly turns on

untoldxcarbon

So when my desktop is in sleep mode it will randomly turn on for no reason. No updates start or anything happens it just turns on as if i did it myself. I'd like to figure this out because my pc is full of lights and lights up my room when it turns on during the middle of the night.

Start>CMD 

type in powercfg -lastwake

What it produces will correspond to the device that wakes the computer. 

Click start again, type in Device Manager, open it.

Find what device wakes the computer, and uncheck the box. 

EyMPoVN.png

Go into your BIOS and make sure "Wake on LAN" is disabled, go into your power and usage profiles and make sure that wake timers are set to off.

G3J5Kmk.png

don't mind this post, let's all ignore the answer

Error: 410

Maybe the on button is stuck down simple answer

My System now I5 4670k ,H100i, Z87X-D3H, 8GB of Black Muramba, 7970 Sapphire with backplate , Thermaltake chaser A31 black with blue accents ,AX 760 With Blue Cabels, Samsung 840 120gb SSD ,1TB Black ,256 Ultra Plus SanDisk

GHOSTS!

Are you shutting it down or putting it to sleep?

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

This happened to me, It could be something touching your keyboard or mouse that turns it on?

AMD FX-8320 | Hyper 212 Evo | Gigabyte 970A-D3P | EVGA SSC 970 | Corsair 200R | Ducky 9087 Shine 2

GHOSTS!

Are you shutting it down or putting it to sleep?

Haha, I put it to sleep most of the time, and sometimes shut it down, always happens when put to sleep.

This happened to me, It could be something touching your keyboard or mouse that turns it on?

I don't really leave stuff on my desk so not much stuff could be touching it

ghost

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

happened to me a while back..it was being remote accessed...found a key logger in my system also. Let's hope your issue isnt that serious. 

Haha, I put it to sleep most of the time, and sometimes shut it down, always happens when put to sleep.

I don't really leave stuff on my desk so not much stuff could be touching it

If you have a really high DPI mouse it might shake when you shake the ground even the slightest bit, my laptop always turns on when I walk into the room because of the 6400dpi sensor in the RAT7.

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

My computer does this too! I have no logical reason as to why it does this.

FX 8150 @ 4.0 GHz, MSI Radeon 7850 OC Edition, 2 x 4 gigs of GSkill Sniper ddr3 at 2133 MHz, two 120 gig Kingston HyperX 3K ssds, Crosshair V Formula, Antec High Current Gamer 620 watt psu, all wrapped up inside a Cooler Master CM Storm Stryker.

if its not an hardware problem.

you should cheak your pc for viruses and maleware :o

if its not an hardware problem.

you should cheak your pc for viruses and maleware :o

as opposed to femalewear?

OL_wear_for_female.jpg

Start>CMD 

type in powercfg -lastwake

What it produces will correspond to the device that wakes the computer. 

Click start again, type in Device Manager, open it.

Find what device wakes the computer, and uncheck the box. 

EyMPoVN.png

Go into your BIOS and make sure "Wake on LAN" is disabled, go into your power and usage profiles and make sure that wake timers are set to off.

G3J5Kmk.png

don't mind this post, let's all ignore the answer

OP, this is probably your answer.  :)

My PC specifications are in my profile.

as opposed to femalewear?

OL_wear_for_female.jpg

lol, my mistake