Jagged Shadows,Pop in,Low LOD and jagged aa

Message added by WkdPaul,

Please stay civil and respectful, any violations of the Community Standards will be met with appropriate sanctions against your account.

And what about your network devices. I think most of the people connect to same network devices even after buying new system. But I am not saying it should matter but it could matter. 

Look at this video of me sending this video to the guy i bought this GPU from. It happened after moving to this new city along with other symptoms, At that time i never knew that it was the Electricity in the new house/city behind all this. So i sent him this video thinking that it was the GPU going bad out of nowhere. Silly me. After the graphical issues appearing in my Laptop and TV, it was started getting clearer to me that nothing else could cause all this. All of this happened alongwith stutters in GTA V as soon as i moved to this new city. I fixed those stutter in GTA V by removing Logitech mouse software from the background but i was using this same software in my old city without any such issues.

Notice how the left fan was not working those days and other 2 fans in my GPU were showing weird symptom of increasing rpm and then decreasing whenever i appy the settings.

I am not saying that everyone should see this specific symptom because I think the issue in Electricity was at it's peak for me during that time thats why fans in my PC were doing this. "TotallyNotYaBoi" said in his post that he also noticed microstutter in games alongwith other graphical symptoms. Also after "Harsh" said that he could see his room lights dim whenever he applied in game graphical settings. "Assasinas" showed how it's happening even in video playback. See the post of "Lucenta" at page 115 that it's happening after some time of use. Some people claims they see strobing effect in the lights in their home. Many more such posts. After these posts there were no doubts in my mind that they were also having the similar issue as me and it can't be anything except Electricity.

Even after sharing all this we still have people here saying Electricity can't cause anything in your PC. Because it's either ON or OFF and PSU will protect from everything. Well if PSU supposed to help me then why was it not shutting down my PC in the video above. Atleast give me a notification that there is some problem with the power. Why it never did any of this if it's so intelligent and PSU was supposed to protect from all power quality issues?

Again with theories like Z-Buffer. We should focus on what's causing this not what is happening. This is not normal what we are experiencing. The way they say it's Z-buffer and claims that it's normal is not right. Please someone invite them to your house and show them that it's happenening even in Bios Screen, TV, Console, Phone. Otherwise they will never be able to understand what we are actually facing. Z-Buffer that want's to give me bad graphics just because it did not like me moving to a new city. What was this Z-Buffer doing for 5 years in my old city? Sleeping? Z-Buffer that want's to appear after some time of use and unleash it's powers to give us bad graphics. Why does it sleep for some time when someone buy new PC. Does Z-Buffer exist in Bios screen or TV? I don't wanna be rude. I know some of these guys might be trying to help but they don't realize the severity of this issue. I recommend to them reading all the symptoms first.

Also I want you to go back in time and see the symptoms "Magix" explained. That guy explained our symptoms in detail. How in the end he said it can't be anything except Electricity and they simply ignored him by saying that Electricity can't cause anything in PC. 

On 4/19/2020 at 4:04 AM, CanCeralp said:

Those who insist its electricity, they are the reason all those GPU manufacturers and game developers are laughing at us and feel absolutely no need to fix their s**t. It's not, electricity. One more time, it's not electricity. 

It's a deliberate design choice to lower the texturing quality from developers, as well as lowering scaling quality from GPU driver makers. 

Please try to imagine this; 20 years ago a texture for a game was approx 128x128 in size. And a surface had only one texture file. 

Today, we have textures as big as 4096x4096 for a stupid pebble mesh, and it's not even a single texture. A 4096x4096 diffuse texture, a 1024x1024 normal map, a 512x512 specular map. They are processed and placed on top of each other.

Plus, the scaling filter that does the processing is also low quality, because GPU makers want to brag about how fast their GPUs are. 

Now, one more time but for the last time aslo, I'll say this. 

Scenerio 1) Imagine a 2007 game. Meshes are low on polygons, things are simple. Their texture files are small and low on detail. Every mesh has only one texture file. So no processing needed. Things are forward rendered and the resolution is fixed. That's a decent result. 

Scenerio 2) Imagine a modern game. Meshes are extremely complex, also some of them are tesellated. They have many texture files and those textures are stretched and layered on top of each other. Every single texture layer processing and scaling has its own error. Place them on top of each other and you have many many errors come together. 

It's not done. They are also needed to be shaded for lights and shadows and glowing, etc. They are also at lower resolution. 

Scenerio 2 has more details in every aspect, ok but also has much more errors and low quality parts. Add that, classical MSAA won't work with these solutions, and all we can do is either rely on TAA or brute force VSR/DSR. 

This is the final time I say this. Even though I believe this topic is important, having 127 pages and still being unable to differentiate some problems and label them correctly is leading everyone to a dead end. 

One more note: hardware manufacturers are just after our money and ego satisfaction. They won't tell you the truth. Only we can force them to do so by voting with our wallets. 

Let's take anti lag or ultra low latency technologies, for example. Limiting FPS yields much better solutions under Directx 10 and 11, however, instead of telling us to limit our FPS in those games, they give us a low latency button. Because they want us to be starving for more FPS without a reason. If a pc gamer loses their interest in absolutely maxing every option and still expect a 17474 FPS at 128K resolution they won't be able to sell their top tier hardware and game developers won't have the freedom to be sloppy while developing their games (actually unoptimized farts, sorry, ports) 

Imagine an educated global group, who refuses to pay extreme money's for a pc and refuses to buy half baked games, even refunds them if they have terrible aliasing problems and lack some mandatory options like an FOV slider. That group is their nightmare, and is our solution for this topic. 

So, please stop buying electricity devices. 

Go away....

I love this “It’s the YouTube video that makes it look good” Bullshit!  Also this “Games all look this way and it’s normal”.   I’ll waste more of my time to show you Just how ugly my games look on max graphics..  

I bought a GREENWAVE plug for dirty electricity for the fuck of it and have it in my hand atm,  I’ll test it out when I’m free,  gotta work today unlike most people.

1 minute ago, Harsh45 said:

I love this “It’s the YouTube video that makes it look good” Bullshit!  Also this “Games all look this way and it’s normal”.   I’ll waste more of my time to show you Just how ugly my games look on max graphics..  

I bought a GREENWAVE plug for dirty electricity for the fuck of it and have it in my hand atm,  I’ll test it out when I’m free,  gotta work today unlike most people.

Oh we really feel sorry for you... lol.

You know if people learned to control their anger issues we would have a more civil discussion, but alas.

SLAMD-XT  Ryzen 2600X 4.125ghz 1.26v~Gigabyte B450 Aorus ELITE~16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz C15~Arcting Cooling Freezer 34 Esports Duo~Gigabyte Aorus RX 5700-XT~CIT chassis~120GB PNY SSD~WD BLUE 3D NAND 1TB SSD M.2~Phobya 120mm G.Silent's~SuperFlower Leadex III GOLD~Razer Basilisk~RedDragon Kumura

22 minutes ago, Harsh45 said:

good

41 minutes ago, Harsh45 said:

Go away....

OK. I'll be monitoring this topic but won't be writing anymore. 

I'm eagerly waiting for your solutions and proofs of it. 

Electricity theory needs a check

On 4/22/2020 at 4:52 PM, Darker17 said:

Yup, in every game that is one of the most annoying things for me, that retarded broken lighting on vfx. Hmm, let's let the "experts" decide if its normal.

https://gfycat.com/smartrespectfulirishwolfhound

https://gfycat.com/unfitrapidherculesbeetle

this problem? the back two swords?

I have have friends that have logged 1000 of hours In the same games come to my house take one loom and ask what's what with my settings. Pretty much the same rigg and copied their settings(nvidia inspector and profiles) and I'll have the issue while they will not.  

I personally think it's a issue with windows 10 and scaling but that's more of a guess.  My pc is on it's own dedicated breaker and with a new panel installed and have ran it off a battery before with the same issues.

I have tried just about every setting and combo of settings and copied others profiles and settings with no fix.

Hello everyone ! 
(First of all excuse my english)
sorry if im also being "ignorant" its my first time dealing with this thing.
Its started I think when I installed Mad Max again and saw the extremely pixelated shadows and low LOD.

I've been having this problem recently ive seen lots of videos and tried every single solution.

What's the theory rn ?

tried multiple games , heres some examples 

Sem Título.png

Sem Título2.png

4 minutes ago, Dementium said:

tried multiple games , heres some examples 

Those kind of dithering is very visible in Monster Hunter World and it annoyed the hell out of me. I see similar effect in rFactor2. 

It is a rendering technique though iinm.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

3 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

Those kind of dithering is very visible in Monster Hunter World and it annoyed the hell out of me. I see similar effect in rFactor2. 

It is a rendering technique though iinm.

Same here in MHW. Pretty taxing game to run too.

SLAMD-XT  Ryzen 2600X 4.125ghz 1.26v~Gigabyte B450 Aorus ELITE~16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz C15~Arcting Cooling Freezer 34 Esports Duo~Gigabyte Aorus RX 5700-XT~CIT chassis~120GB PNY SSD~WD BLUE 3D NAND 1TB SSD M.2~Phobya 120mm G.Silent's~SuperFlower Leadex III GOLD~Razer Basilisk~RedDragon Kumura

3 minutes ago, GreyestGoat said:

Same here in MHW. Pretty taxing game to run too.

Yeah its in every single game for me its more noticable on some games

soo this has been going on for years and literally no one found a solution ?

Here's Conan Exiles for example.

Sem_Título3.png

7 hours ago, DaveThomas said:

I have have friends that have logged 1000 of hours In the same games come to my house take one loom and ask what's what with my settings. Pretty much the same rigg and copied their settings(nvidia inspector and profiles) and I'll have the issue while they will not.  

Ask them to record the same games at the same settings as you, so we have a comparison.

On 4/26/2020 at 8:25 PM, Dementium said:

Yeah its in every single game for me its more noticable on some games

soo this has been going on for years and literally no one found a solution ?

Here's Conan Exiles for example.

Sem_Título3.png

No one found a solution because the gaming generation of DX11 that is the today generation, consider all these problems as "normal". Because they didnt experiment anything else. People like me, who played the generation pre-DX11 are the ones who actually see the difference between before and now, if you ask a 20 yeard old guy about all this, he will tell you "i dont have a clue what you talking about". And since every single youtube video really doesnt show any of this, because it needs to be uncompressed and all youtube videos are compressed, nobody can really see how bad some videogames look these days (and honestly youtube is the primary source of streamers and dumb gamers).

More than that, no one found a solution because people keep buying "AAA" games (whatever that means, since i will never consider a game AAA as long as all these problems are present..), people keep buying expensive videocards and screens, so they are telling the gaming industry that they are completely ok with all this. So, not a single company is willing to move a muscle to make an effort to fix this. Of course, not me, im smart and im done since time ago, my last mistake was to spend almost 400$ in a videocard six months ago. But not anymore. I only play pirated games since a few months back, and i dont plan to pay a dime for anything related to the videogaming industry anymore. Today i installed another game i did stop playing because of this called "american truck simulator" because i was curious about how bad was this problem since i left it, and it took me about 1 minute to uninstall it, again lol. The shimmering was so bad that its completely ridiculous people buy this game and there is a community that big, when the game is almost unplayable.Some companies are making efforts to try to fix all this or find a workaround, the guys who made this game arent, but again, the community of that game is so stupid, that they keep growing their arcs selling a videogame that is a shimmering slideshow. And like this case, many many others....

In the case of shimmering and bad aliasing, some games can be played if they have TAA or TXAA and you can use, for example some sharpen filter (like reshade or the nvidia thing) to improve the bluriness of the TAA. But thats about it. There is nothing that can be done about bad shadow casting, flickering, and other issues.

So again, i wish people were smart and will stop buying videogames , specially expensive ones (AAA) and expensive hardware. Thats the only way to "tell" companies that people is not ok about how bad videogames look these days. Sadly, as i said, the generation that drives videogame and gaming hardware sells is composed by a dumb young DX11 generation who consider shimmering, bad shadow casting, flickering, bad aliasing, bad LOD generation and other issues, completely normal for the days we live in. Go figure.

I tell you. I miss the decade 2000-2010 SO SO MUCH. When videogames looked amazing.

I tested all my games in another PC with the same build and the same thing happened so I believe this is how games look like I just never noticed before.

5 hours ago, Methos27 said:

I tested all my games in another PC with the same build and the same thing happened so I believe this is how games look like I just never noticed before.

Yep. Better now than never. Although I wished I never noticed it. It's the crappy game and rise of competitive gaming. These players purposefully have their AA turned off. It seems that they have an advantage of seeing their opponents quicker. So, they got used to it. Even if they play other games, this issue that we are facing are "non-existant" for them. On the other hand there are people who play games for their visual appeal, all of us on this forum fall in this category of gamers. And man are we disappointed. Tantalus made a great post about it above saying how game developers don't care.

It could be a scale problem but dont forget that the problem is also in a simple tv or a smartphone so isn't Windows10 issue or DirectX

On 4/29/2020 at 7:17 AM, zamh said:

Yep. Better now than never. Although I wished I never noticed it. It's the crappy game and rise of competitive gaming. These players purposefully have their AA turned off. It seems that they have an advantage of seeing their opponents quicker. So, they got used to it. Even if they play other games, this issue that we are facing are "non-existant" for them. On the other hand there are people who play games for their visual appeal, all of us on this forum fall in this category of gamers. And man are we disappointed. Tantalus made a great post about it above saying how game developers don't care.

AA turned off might increase fps but has opposite effect on the competitive shooter games, because unless you have a high performance system that can play 60 or better fps while all settings almost maxed out , if there is aliasing it is difficult to distinguish between what is a target and what is a piece of stick. That's why anti aliasing and details are most important part of being successful at competitive shooter games and I think same goes for racing games, you need to distinguish between an obstacle and a dark road. So competitive gamers don't have their AA turned off or details turned down, instead it is exactly the opposite. They just buy expensive hardware and that's how they deal with these problems. And also the graphics is one of the most important thing for a video game , there is also gameplay which is also equally important. Developers certainly do care about both aspects because they don't want their games to be a flop. And as we know that it might look crap on our system but somewhere else with same settings the game would look just the way it is supposed to look ie. without any problems. So the question still remains ,what could be the reason for this strange problem? As far as hardware and firmware manufacturers go, yes I think there is a responsibility for them to research into these issues but it seems that not many cases have reached their ears and thus they could dismiss one or two such cases every year as exceptions or not their fault, if they ever reach to the people who matter. I don't think we can blame game developers because older games that used to look great also suddenly started looking crap , so no. But for the hardware and firmware manufacturers, yes they have that much of information and resources that they can really see the problem at root and help people writing OS and apps if they need their assistance to solve these problems. And the problem is present in consoles , phones, tablets, laptops, TVs, pcs so there is another problem about who will take the responsibility the processor manufacturers, the GPU manufacturers, and which of them, the intels or the qualcomms, or the Nvidias or the Apples , or the amds , and so on and many more. But because it is prevalent in these variety of devices, the pointor points of malfunctioning must be something really basic and fundamental that is used throughout these devices, equally, probably in exact same form , size ,capacity etc.. It looks as if anything that can process something and give an output is possible to be affected. Now how that is possible and through what is a question.

Try to watch yt videos without enlarging to full screen and read some letters, this is an example, a clearly scale problem.

image.png.31fd8be51762d07e165409b97819d18c.png

I read this for AMD cards, what do you think?

image.png

Whatever this guy says is irrelevant anyway, that have nothing to do with buying expensive rigs to paint cover the problem. I'm simply ignoring him and his corporate capitalists theory.

I said it 4 years ago, i will say it again, it happened overnight for me, that has nothing to do with my eyesight, or electricity. I didn't change any hardware, i didn't buy a new computer, i didn't change anything, it happened suddenly, period. On games i logged hundred of hours. It's not like it appeared gradually, it would have not shock me that bad, just like so many others.

As for happening it on console, tv or smartphones, i don't know, i mean i have an xbox 360 and it's 720p. My tv screen is old af.

It's clearly shaders problem to me, maybe wrong scale too, got no idea. It affects lighting in every game, which render awfully a lot of other graphical aspects.

* thread cleaned *

If you're uninterested in helping, don't reply.

Being condescending and being a dick will result in warnings, this has been stated before and warnings were issued when people didn't listen. I suggest people start acting in accordance with the Community Standards.

Edited by wkdpaul

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

* thread unlocked *

Next time I have to clean this thread, it will stay locked.

Behave yourselves, or face the consequences.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !