Jagged Shadows,Pop in,Low LOD and jagged aa

Message added by WkdPaul,

Please stay civil and respectful, any violations of the Community Standards will be met with appropriate sanctions against your account.

maybe someone has an old laptop that doesn't have this problem? I suggest bringing it home and not connecting to the Internet, and not connecting peripheral devices. Just plug in the charger. So we will prove / refute the problem of electricity

53 minutes ago, Alastor_Pride said:

maybe someone has an old laptop that doesn't have this problem? I suggest bringing it home and not connecting to the Internet, and not connecting peripheral devices. Just plug in the charger. So we will prove / refute the problem of electricity

I have at least two other PCs in my house, no one have this problem but me.

On 5/25/2020 at 7:05 AM, Asasinas said:

There is no doubt that this issue has affected video content too. I recorded a few seconds of a tv show I was watching on a local streaming service:

Can you share link to that video in your video?

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

2 hours ago, xAcid9 said:

It's a local streaming service with a monthly subscription and as far as I know it's not available outside my country.

Anyway, it was probably asked before, but how do you update or access GPU Bios? You go through motherboard Bios or use some other app? And where can you find GPU Bios updates? I have searched Nvidia's website, but I haven't found such thing as GPU Bios update. Since most of us got this issue after changing video card and/or updating drivers, I think it's worth to investigate more into this matter.

5 hours ago, Asasinas said:

It's a local streaming service with a monthly subscription and as far as I know it's not available outside my country.

Anyway, it was probably asked before, but how do you update or access GPU Bios? You go through motherboard Bios or use some other app? And where can you find GPU Bios updates? I have searched Nvidia's website, but I haven't found such thing as GPU Bios update. Since most of us got this issue after changing video card and/or updating drivers, I think it's worth to investigate more into this matter.

GPU BIOS update didn't fixed the problem. You can try but for me this didn't solved anything.

18 hours ago, xAcid9 said:

I can confirm that it affects pictures too. 

EDIT: NOt 100% sure, but I have the impression that the antialiasing is not working at all in nothing.

Also I played Doom (2016) today and noticed more artifacts, noticed a costant delay in loading the textures (Even when changing weapons) and I discovered a little secret in which you play a little section of the original Doom game.

Well, even there, I could see the very close Line of Drawing shadows and lights

EDIT: WOW LOOK AT HERE
 I took a couple of screenshot in Doom pressing F12 with Steam built in system (never had a problem with it) and look at it. I'm shocked.

doom wow2.jpg

doom wow.jpg

6 minutes ago, hellgatsu said:

I can confirm that it affects pictures too

I only have the problem in videos and games, pictures look normal

18 hours ago, a_c_r_e_a_l said:

I checked your link and did a test with both AA on and off. The difference is very minimal and jaggies are still quite visible and distracting with AA on.

1 hour ago, Asasinas said:

I checked your link and did a test with both AA on and off. The difference is very minimal and jaggies are still quite visible and distracting with AA on.

Have exactly the same. Few months ago when I did this test, without AA it was showing nice sharp line with "stairs" and now it's complete mess.

4 minutes ago, a_c_r_e_a_l said:

Have exactly the same. Few months ago when I did this test, without AA it was showing nice sharp line with "stairs" and now it's complete mess.

Wait, should I be able to see a sharp line even without AA???
Without AA I see a complete mess, with AA I see a sharp line

9 minutes ago, hellgatsu said:

Wait, should I be able to see a sharp line even without AA???
Without AA I see a complete mess, with AA I see a sharp line

Without AA you should see more less something like this. I think you misunderstood be, but in my opinion it looks sharp, you can clearly see all the edges.

AA test screenshot 1.png

Ok, I see it like that. In motion is horrible.
With AA on instead I see a perfect line

1 hour ago, hellgatsu said:

I checked it and I can totally see the difference with AA on or off. Like the night and the day

yes ... i confirm that there is a huge difference between AA on/off 

1 hour ago, hellgatsu said:

Ok, I see it like that. In motion is horrible.
With AA on instead I see a perfect line

1 minute ago, ixDriger said:

yes ... i confirm that there is a huge difference between AA on/off 

https://streamable.com/bqr5y0

for me it looks like this, total mess and lack of any order in jags

2 minutes ago, a_c_r_e_a_l said:

https://streamable.com/bqr5y0

for me it looks like this, total mess and lack of any order in jags

nope with AA turned on the line is sharp

(not 100% sharp but it is nice )

3 minutes ago, ixDriger said:

nope with AA turned on the line is sharp

(not 100% sharp but it is nice )

I agree, it's looking like it supposes to look also for me, but without AA it's terrible. However it's AA forced by some javascript code I guess but the problem is, that in games like Witcher 3 I have no AA even if it's on.

Just now, a_c_r_e_a_l said:

I agree, it's looking like it supposes to look also for me, but without AA it's terrible. However is AA forced by some javascript code but the problem is, that in games like Witcher 3 I have no AA even if it's on.

Don't forget the low LOD 

it is the main problem 

Just now, ixDriger said:

Don't forget the low LOD 

it is the main problem 

Why I should do this if I am freshly after OS format? Half measures doesn't satisfy me and I am looking for real reason why it's happening.

17 minutes ago, a_c_r_e_a_l said:

Why I should do this if I am freshly after OS format? Half measures doesn't satisfy me and I am looking for real reason why it's happening.

I formatted the PC for the third time, still haven't found a solution. And you're right, the low LOD is what is really killing me. 

Let's speculate. If we take the popular theory of the forum about bad electricity, then how does it affect not all games (metro exodus looks good, for example), and what components in particular should it influence in order to cause such artifacts?

12 minutes ago, Alastor_Pride said:

Let's speculate. If we take the popular theory of the forum about bad electricity, then how does it affect not all games (metro exodus looks good, for example), and what components in particular should it influence in order to cause such artifacts?

idk

i can confirm that it is not ( gpu - monitor - ram - dp or hdmi cable - drivers )

and i don't think it is the hdd or ssd because i tried the games on the both with the same issue

I want to add that I'm pretty sure that i'm experiencing big performance gains in all games.OF course at cost of quality

21 minutes ago, ixDriger said:

idk

i can confirm that it is not ( gpu - monitor - ram - dp or hdmi cable - drivers )

and i don't think it is the hdd or ssd because i tried the games on the both with the same issue

what about mobo?